Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Murder mystery as mother, son of prominent Irish family in SC found dead

Eldorado

8 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

Alex Murdaugh not guilty of murder

one wonders if Alex Murdaugh was not guilty,and buster knew who they were ?

Hi Docy

No I think he is guilty and Buster just isn't dealing with it well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I know the defense  said a clerk wanted to speed up the case to write a book

Alex Murdaugh Lawyers Claim Fame-Hungry Clerk Rebecca Hill Tainted Jury

https://www.thedailybeast.com/alex-murdaugh-lawyers-claim-fame-hungry-clerk-rebecca-hill-tainted-jury#:~:text=In a 65-page motion,and material information to the

https://www.thedailybeast.com/alex-murdaugh-lawyers-claim-fame-hungry-clerk-rebecca-hill-tainted-jury

Edited by docyabut2
  • Like 3

Murdaugh's attorneys are requesting a new trial, saying the Court Clerk tainted the jury. You got this right docy. She was writing a book about the trial and allegedly interfered with the proceedings.

Alex Murdaugh seeks new trial in murders of wife and son, claiming clerk tampered with jury - CBS News

Attorneys for the 55-year-old alleged in a new court filing that Rebecca Hill, Colleton County's Clerk of Court, engaged in intentional misconduct — deliberately violating a defendant's constitutional right to a fair trial before an impartial jury — to secure financial gain for herself.

Hill self-published a book on the case called "Behind the Doors of Justice: The Murdaugh Murders" in July.

Now Murdaugh's attorneys claim Hill "instructed jurors not to be 'misled' by evidence presented in Mr. Murdaugh's defense. She told jurors not to be 'fooled by' Mr. Murdaugh's testimony in his own defense," they said in a court filing. 

She also had "frequent private conversations with the jury foreperson," "asked jurors for their opinions about Mr. Murdaugh's guilt or innocence," "invented a story about a Facebook post to remove a juror she believed might not vote guilty" and "pressured the jurors to reach a quick verdict," they allege.

The new filing contains sworn affidavits from three of the jurors, identified only by their numbers, as well as excerpts from Hill's book.

"Ms. Hill did these things to secure for herself a book deal and media appearances that would not happen in the event of a mistrial. Ms. Hill betrayed her oath of office for money and fame," Murdaugh's attorneys wrote.

"We were hitting brick walls until her book came out, and then jurors who obviously were not comfortable with how she handled matters were even less comfortable with her going on a book tour, making money off what she did," Griffin said.

Griffin and Harpootlian said in a statement they also asked the South Carolina U.S. attorney to open a federal investigation. 

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 9/2/2023 at 2:20 AM, jmccr8 said:

Hi Docy

I think he needs to be slipped into genpop and have a "accident". He is scum of the earth in every respect like I said from the beginning. 

• Like 4

On 9/2/2023 at 2:20 AM, jmccr8 said:

Hi Docy

Most kids don`t want to believe their parents are guilty, but in this case the defense says they have evidence Alex didn`t do it  we have to wait for the new trial .   

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

Most kids don`t want to believe their parents are guilty, but in this case the defense says they have evidence Alex didn`t do it  we have to wait for the new trial .   

Hi Docy

Odd that information wasn't available during the trial to be presented, even a if it is the jury tampering that was brought up about the court clerk.

Alex has made a career out of deception and with over 100 charge standinng against him he willl never get out of prison anyway.

He lied about being with his wife and son at the time of the killings and will not be able to overturn that evidence.

He is still under investigation over the deaths of the housekeeper and Buster's gay lover.

• Like 3

I think he may get a new trial on the basis of what the clerk did, but I don't think the conviction will be overturned.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 months later...