Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Eldorado

Murder mystery as mother, son of prominent Irish family in SC found dead

145 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Vincennes

I

3 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

I think  Alex and Buster are the heartless killers  just to make money, They had to have large life insurances on the wife and  the other son.

    Just like that movie the Bad Seed.:( 

I'm also wondering if Alex's behavior in the family behind closed doors might be the reason for Paul's alter-ego "Timmy" to appear whenever he had a little too much to drink.  

Was Paul raised with the loving, hand holding couple outside the house and another personality when doors were closed .  

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vincennes
On 9/15/2021 at 11:18 PM, jmccr8 said:

Here is some info about Curtis Smith, the video clip of him makes me wonder how sharp of a pencil Alex is.:lol:

https://heavy.com/news/curtis-edward-smith/

Curtis Edward Smith is a 61-year-old South Carolina man who is accused of shooting Alex Murdaugh, the prominent lawyer whose wife and son were mysteriously murdered in June at the family’s hunting lodge.

The arrest of Smith, and the charges (including assisted suicide), add another layer of drama and strangenesllios to the case, which involves a well-known and wealthy family. It was one of the most mysterious double murder cases in the country even before Alex Murdaugh, the patriarch, was himself shot – a shooting that authorities now say was an assisted suicide carried out by Smith at Murdaugh’s behest. Murdaugh survived.

“Agents of the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division Tuesday arrested a Colleton County man in connection with the shooting incident involving Alex Murdaugh on Sept. 4 in Hampton County,” the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division said in a news release on September 14, 2021.

https://www.kulr8.com/news/national/raw-sc-curtis-edward-smith-arrives-in-hampton-co/video_aa48c533-5021-51aa-aa20-a6e0da38f86c.html

Now I ask you is that the man you are going to have meet you on the side of the road to help you straighten out your situation.  When I see this man's physical appearance and behavior and compare it to Alex's at his hearing, it's astoundingly different.  Alex looks like he just came out of a health club compared to this guy.  If Alex has been taking drugs in million dollar amounts, he should do a commercial for Oxy !

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jmccr8

I watched this vid and to me it seems that the money Alex took from the law firm was with the consent of some of his partners at the firm as they were working together to secure the inheritance from his father and transferring property to his wife to keep it from being included in the civil suit.

the first 20 minutes is about Andrew so if you are not interested in it you can skip ahead to the 20 minute mark.

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jmccr8
7 hours ago, Vincennes said:

Now I ask you is that the man you are going to have meet you on the side of the road to help you straighten out your situation.  When I see this man's physical appearance and behavior and compare it to Alex's at his hearing, it's astoundingly different.  Alex looks like he just came out of a health club compared to this guy.  If Alex has been taking drugs in million dollar amounts, he should do a commercial for Oxy !

Hi Vincennes

Curtis is a patsy and likely would have got caught if he did kill Alex. Pretty sure he is going to talk in the days to come unless he commits suicide first, if he was selling drugs to Alex it will come out but there is no way I think that he had an addiction or that he was a user of opioids, pot maybe but any hard addictive opioids not likely and his lawyer said it was a 20 year addiction which is straight up BS.

Interesting that his head wasn't shaved around the wound so it was likely insignificant and I still think it was a minor thing cause by trying to flatten the tire given where the puncture mark was on the reinforced sidewalls and was likely from the handle of the knife from a rebound.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vincennes
4 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

I watched this vid and to me it seems that the money Alex took from the law firm was with the consent of some of his partners at the firm as they were working together to secure the inheritance from his father and transferring property to his wife to keep it from being included in the civil suit.

the first 20 minutes is about Andrew so if you are not interested in it you can skip ahead to the 20 minute mark.

Great video clip !  Andrew pretty interesting too :D  Let me recommend The Behavior Panel on YouTube if you find Andrew's high jinks interesting.  They do a lie detection/body language breakdown of his interview re Epstein that's so very good.   They are guys who write the books to train profilers.

Anyway, so there was a little bitty inheritance coming Alex's way.  Then why did he need $10M so quick he had to die to get it ???  That makes no sense.  I also don't understand why would money from the firm be needed to secure the inheritance ?  

I also heard mention in one clip that there were rumors of a divorce for a couple of years.  I've thought that might be why he had to kill the wife.  There they are putting property in her name and she's going to get it in a divorce unless she just happens to die while married that is ???

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jmccr8
38 minutes ago, Vincennes said:

Great video clip !  Andrew pretty interesting too :D  Let me recommend The Behavior Panel on YouTube if you find Andrew's high jinks interesting.  They do a lie detection/body language breakdown of his interview re Epstein that's so very good.   They are guys who write the books to train profilers.

Hi Vincennes

Thanks I will look into it.:tu:

39 minutes ago, Vincennes said:

Anyway, so there was a little bitty inheritance coming Alex's way.  Then why did he need $10M so quick he had to die to get it ???  That makes no sense.  I also don't understand why would money from the firm be needed to secure the inheritance ?

I don't think he actually planned to get killed as I think it is a ruse to get sympathy, Curtis shot several times and hit nothing so that seems off if they wanted to make it look like a hit Alex should have taken a couple just to make it look good I still think the head wound was from trying to puncture the tire and they thought they could pass it of as him being shot. In gunshot investigations they do test for GSR and in this instance no testing what so ever.

https://www.pennmedicine.org/news/news-blog/2016/november/csi-penn-medicine

Bullets, clothes, and other evidence from trauma victims are also processed and protected in specific ways to ensure a “chain of custody.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Freez1

To sum it up this guy has wasted his life away to drugs. I would put money on the fact just like he hired someone to kill himself I wonder if his wife and son had life insurance? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vincennes
19 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Vincennes

Thanks I will look into it.:tu:

I don't think he actually planned to get killed as I think it is a ruse to get sympathy, Curtis shot several times and hit nothing so that seems off if they wanted to make it look like a hit Alex should have taken a couple just to make it look good I still think the head wound was from trying to puncture the tire and they thought they could pass it of as him being shot. In gunshot investigations they do test for GSR and in this instance no testing what so ever.

https://www.pennmedicine.org/news/news-blog/2016/november/csi-penn-medicine

Bullets, clothes, and other evidence from trauma victims are also processed and protected in specific ways to ensure a “chain of custody.

This really backsup what you're saying:

Alex Murdaugh alleged shooter Curtis Smith says he was set up by disgraced lawyer | Fox NewsAlex Murdaugh alleged shooter Curtis Smith says he was set up by disgraced lawyer | Fox News

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jmccr8
16 minutes ago, Vincennes said:

Hi Vincennes

I am going to link this article as well because Curtis denies selling drugs to Alex as well.

https://nypost.com/2021/09/18/curtis-eddie-smith-says-he-was-set-up-by-alex-murdaugh/

Smith shook his head “no” when The Post asked if he was Alex’s drug dealer or used drugs himself. He walked bent over as he showed a Post reporter around his yard and introduced his pets — including cats named Jay Z and Biggie and a pit bull mix named Dixie.

The incident with Smith is one more in a series of “red herrings and misinformation in this case that’s being used to obscure what really happened to Maggie and Paul,” local defense attorney Mark Tinsley told The Post. (Tinsley is representing the parents of a 19-year-old girl killed during a 2019 boat crash when Paul, then 19, was at the wheel.)

The way this is worded is odd because he was charged for having a small amount of pot and meth so he is at least a user. There were no opioids found at his house so tend to think that he was not using them and Alex is using him as an out.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Raptor Witness
On 9/17/2021 at 5:08 AM, docyabut2 said:

I think  Alex and Buster are the heartless killers  just to make money, They had to have large life insurances on the wife and  the other son.

    Just like that movie the Bad Seed.:( 

I agree. I’m sure this was a factor in their deaths, as the motive is clearly there. Yet, we’ve heard nothing about the size of those insurance policies in the media.

The State of South Carolina cannot investigate a case like this. It a no brainer. This entire mess needs to be under federal jurisdiction. The death cases should have been moved, already, before more people are murdered.

There are clearly monsters in this family, the tentacles of which are entangled throughout law enforcement and the judiciary. There’s no telling how many accidental deaths have been staged to obtain insurance money in this area, as in the case of the dead housekeeper, whose accidental death monies were embezzled by this father.

This entire community is under the supposed “care” of a mafia style group of racketeers, who openly murder innocent victims, and it continued for years …..

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Raptor Witness

Apparently, Paul Murdaugh’s girlfriend, while at the hospital following the boat crash, told a nurse about a previous automobile crash, not long before the boat crash, where Paul almost killed their group of friends.

There are no police records of this previous severe crash, so if there was an incident, involving injuries, covered up by this family and their law enforcement friends, they needed this to remain a secret. Killing Paul makes that secret wreck’s revelation go away, and is another motive for killing Paul.

At the 22:45 minute mark:

 

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vincennes
11 hours ago, Raptor Witness said:

pparently, Paul Murdaugh’s girlfriend, while at the hospital following the boat crash, told a nurse about a previous automobile crash, not long before the boat crash, where Paul almost killed their group of friends.

There are no police records of this previous severe crash, so if there was an incident, involving injuries, covered up by this family and their law enforcement friends, they needed this to remain a secret. Killing Paul makes that secret wreck’s revelation go away, and is another motive for killing Paul.

At the 22:45 minute mark:

Great podcast from the lady who is writing for FITS NEWS  It's worked well for me to listen to since I'm packing for a move.  Thanks !  

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
susieice
Raptor Witness

The mysterious death of an openly gay nursing student, reported to have had romantic ties to “Buster” Murdaugh, may be the tip of a murder iceberg.

For years, state law enforcement repeatedly failed to properly investigate the death of Stephen Smith and the Murdaugh housekeeper,. Now, after these cases have grown cold for years, state law enforcement suddenly wants to help. What a c*** of crap ….

Imagine growing up in a town where the prosecutors, themselves, are surrounded by mysterious deaths that no one in state government properly investigates, much less cares to investigate.

It begs the question, how many more, supposed “small-town” situations like this, exist in South Carolina, with uninvestigated deaths?

There are three well-made investigative videos on this channel, on the death of Stephen Smith, alone. Here’s the first.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
susieice

Satterfield's sons are shell-shocked. They never thought to take on Murdaugh over settlements they never knew they were supposed to get. Never got a dollar of a $505 thousand dollar payout they knew would be filed.

https://news.yahoo.com/sons-alex-murdaugh-apos-dead-112650586.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAL09j0rr0iXuAG8xP81iKGLQvJIPSC5810qycwiRnZYy_21SHb3qu9fcPGLsEycGKHelOEeiAxELNvH-bl1qdNe42wzGP-tq8-dpSFWP-xg-biuqU3DMqiD0Fi0_xfJIhUDnkXFoJe-IBBa7lyNdy0uq_ypfeEFo1zvdlo4cKcIc

They are owed more than $3 million more from other payouts they didn't know about.

https://www.yahoo.com/now/murdaugh-housekeeper-heirs-owed-least-031854408.html

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Raptor Witness
2 hours ago, susieice said:

They are owed more than $3 million more from other payouts they didn't know about.

The local and state police never bothered to investigate the house keeper’s death ….. until forced to, by the bright lights of all of U.S., upon them.

Apparently, the only local cop who told the truth in his report about the boat accident, was fired from his job, not long afterwards, for “drug use “ but which no formal charges were ever brought. This was also discovered by FitsNews.

These kinds of monsters will require supernatural intervention. So a table of destruction is being set for South Carolina. These revelations are just the beginning. Sadly, the entire community will pay, because the community at large, is responsible for looking the other way. Such is the state of the depravity.

It has begun….

Quote

 

   On 9/27/2020 at 12:14 PM,  Raptor Witness said: 

Can South Carolina suffer a disaster and a disease far greater than the solar virus? Yes it can .... for greater is He that is in the hurricane fed, saltwater filled, brackish backwaters, where the real work is done.

 

New Plague for South Carolina

Published - December 27, 2020

Lately, every time I see Lindsey Graham on Fox News, he looks like he’s been drinking too much.

I imagine it’s like being caught between the scylla and charybdis.

Without mercy, Mater ....  .... by four ways, and in two parts.

Edited January 23 by Raptor Witness

 

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Raptor Witness

“Fall of Civilization” is the type of disaster, which requires a failure of government to perform the most essential of service, for the community.

Such a fall, is the kind of revelation we see with the Murdaugh family’s disintegration, where the criminals, are the crime fighters.

The state of confusion’s punishment must be greater than their depraved “civilization” is willing to muster, or the tyranny here, will spread.

Swifter than day is from night.

Mater, Magnus Marinus Tempestas …. where sea met shining sea.

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Matt Vinyl

This case has just been covered on the "Criminology" podcast if anyone fancies a listen. Not particularly any new information, but lays the case out clearly.

https://player.fm/series/series-2409410/the-murdaugh-murders

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Raptor Witness

South Carolina cannot rely on her law enforcement community to stop murder for profit, even in their own midst. Yet, this part of the state claims a great faith.

So where are the weapons of this faith? Are they found in the guns these cowards carry on their belts to the scenes of these murders? I think not. In fact, I know not, for I have seen even greater weapons fall like lightning from the sky over Parris Island, SC, while “from sea to shining sea” played over her air station loud speakers.

Am I the only one who knows the meaning of this pre “delta formation” incident in 2007?

”From sea to shining sea shall this plague be”

 

Blue Angels Delta Formation - http://jicaaas.blogspot.com/2007/04/?m=1

Source

Amazing, how little faith there really is, in this part of the United States, or how her seers are ignored.

Therefore, even your trees will be lost.

2 Corinthians 10:4

The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds.

 

 

Edited by Raptor Witness

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jmccr8
7 hours ago, Raptor Witness said:

South Carolina cannot rely on her law enforcement community to stop murder for profit, even in their own midst. Yet, this part of the state claims a great faith.

So where are the weapons of this faith? Are they found in the guns these cowards carry on their belts to the scenes of these murders? I think not. In fact, I know not, for I have seen even greater weapons fall like lightning from the sky over Parris Island, SC, while “from sea to shining sea” played over her air station loud speakers.

Am I the only one who knows the meaning of this pre “delta formation” incident in 2007?

”From sea to shining sea shall this plague be”

 

Blue Angels Delta Formation - http://jicaaas.blogspot.com/2007/04/?m=1

Source

Amazing, how little faith there really is, in this part of the United States, or how her seers are ignored.

Therefore, even your trees will be lost.

2 Corinthians 10:4

The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds.

 

 

Hi Raptor 

You seem to infer a quasi-religious significance on many unrelated topics not to mention your penchant for working things into your prophecies of doom. This is a murder case and yes every municipality has an old boys club and Alex has been cast out of the club. The law will prosecute him on the charges they can prove, he is washed up and hands have been washed.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Raptor Witness
13 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

You seem to infer a quasi-religious significance on many unrelated topics not to mention your penchant for working things into your prophecies of doom.

The “Fall of Civilization“ includes the recent past, present, and not so distant future.

I saw a sad outcome many years ago in a nightmare, the only dream featuring the Son of God. I saw the number of dead, and it was more than a handful. I saw a place, which I did not specifically recognize, but which appeared identical to the Low Country of South Carolina.

If I, who saw the post disaster landscape and vast number of dead, could barely grasp the meaning, how could you imagine that I am wrong? 

I was told to look upstream of this curious place, where a river empties into the sea, for the cause of what appeared to be, an extinction level event.

I’ve been searching for that place in my dream for a while now, and I finally found it. You may say that it’s unrelated, but to dream a single dream in a lifetime, which includes the Son of God, at a certain place on earth, is no small revelation.

I also, suspect that it was not meant for me to know the place, until now.

Look for yourself, at what lies upstream, generally of this area of the Low Country of South Carolina, and me what you see.

 

Edited by Raptor Witness

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jmccr8
21 minutes ago, Raptor Witness said:

The “Fall of Civilization“ includes the recent past, present, and not so distant future.

I saw a sad outcome many years ago in a nightmare, the only dream featuring the Son of God. I saw the number of dead, and it was more than a handful. I saw a place, which I did not specifically recognize, but which appeared identical to the Low Country of South Carolina.

If I, who saw the post disaster landscape and vast number of dead, could barely grasp the meaning, how could you imagine that I am wrong? 

I was told to look upstream of this curious place, where a river empties into the sea, for the cause of what appeared to be, an extinction level event.

I’ve been searching for that place in my dream for a while now, and I finally found it. You may say that it’s unrelated, but to dream a single dream in a lifetime, which includes the Son of God, at a certain place on earth, is no small revelation.

I also, suspect that it was not meant for me to know the place, until now.

Look for yourself, at what lies upstream, generally of this area of the Low Country of South Carolina, and me what you see.

 

Hi Raptor 

I see a guy struggling with the significance of his dreams, other than that it is a murder case that does not rely on prophecies 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Raptor Witness
4 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Raptor 

I see a guy struggling with the significance of his dreams, other than that it is a murder case that does not rely on prophecies 

This general area has repeatedly appeared in my forecasts, for reasons which escape normal logic. I have no familial or residential connection to this place.

For example….

This type of local corruption, underlies a larger type of corruption, upstream.

Unlike the young woman who drowned, due to the carelessness of a local prosecutor son, the bodies I saw in the water, where the ocean met the sea, were not decomposed in a normal manner, which was perplexing to me.

As odd as it may sound, these unsolved murders have helped reveal a potential timeline for the extinction level event that I observed in my dream of this area.

Look upstream to an even larger corruption, nearby. Highly radioactive water could explain the preservation I observed, and which perplexed me for years.

I see a nation struggling with death on many levels, incapable of seeing the Truth across a wide spectrum of governance. I see a civilization on the brink of death, and little chance of escape, without Divine intelligence and guidance.

All these police officers should’ve been fired a long time ago, along with anyone connected to these failed investigations.

Sometimes God Almighty, sadly, says, “destroy it all,” and He walks away like the story of Sodom and Gomorrah. That’s my forecast for this place, if rapid change is not made, both upstream and downstream, from where these crimes took place, and I take no pleasure in conveying my concern.

There is a lot to clean up and this area of South Carolina, both upstream, and downstream. These lawmakers could never be trusted with 600 million to do the right thing.

 

Edited by Raptor Witness

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jmccr8
15 minutes ago, Raptor Witness said:

This general area has repeatedly appeared in my forecasts, for reasons which escape normal logic. I have no familial or residential connection to this place.

For example….

This type of local corruption, underlies a larger type of corruption, upstream.

Unlike the young woman who drowned, due to the carelessness of a local prosecutor son, the bodies I saw in the water, where the ocean met the sea, were not decomposed in a normal manner, which was perplexing to me.

As odd as it may sound, these unsolved murders have helped reveal a potential timeline for the extinction level event that I observed in my dream of this area.

Look upstream to an even larger corruption, nearby. Highly radioactive water could explain the preservation I observed, and which perplexed me for years.

I see a nation struggling with death on many levels, incapable of seeing the Truth across a wide spectrum of governance. I see a civilization on the brink of death, and little chance of escape, without Divine intelligence and guidance.

All these police officers should’ve been fired a long time ago, along with anyone connected to these failed investigations.

Sometimes God Almighty, sadly, says, “destroy it all,” and He walks away like the story of Sodom and Gomorrah. That’s my forecast for this place, if rapid change is not made, both upstream and downstream, from where these crimes took place, and I take no pleasure in conveying my concern.

There is a lot to clean up and this area of South Carolina, both upstream, and downstream. These lawmakers could never be trusted with 600 million to do the right thing.

 

Hi Raptor 

This forum is not about religion or rapture and like Detectivr Joe Friday all we want are the facts about the crime

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.