Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Murder mystery as mother, son of prominent Irish family in SC found dead

Eldorado

16 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Raptor 

This forum is not about religion or rapture and like Detectivr Joe Friday all we want are the facts about the crime

Yes, we can all see where your predilections lie, here.

3836BA43-048E-478C-B86D-857DBC0B3FD2.jpeg.bf713300e0635ad7369c2f1a11c091b2.jpeg

The fact is, Charleston, SC, which is also part of the “Low County,” is reportedly where the prosecutor’s son, went to hang out, after he was essentially exiled from his own community, following the boat crash. Their hunting lodge was also just west of Charleston.

Charleston is well known by another name, the “Holy City,” due to the number of churches in the area. So religion plays a big part in the daily lives of the good people living in this part of South Carolina.

I don’t imagine you understand what the word “Holy” means, but the behavior of this local government, looks more “Hellish” by any standard.

• Confused 1

35 minutes ago, Raptor Witness said:

Yes, we can all see where your predilections lie, here.

3836BA43-048E-478C-B86D-857DBC0B3FD2.jpeg.bf713300e0635ad7369c2f1a11c091b2.jpeg

The fact is, Charleston, SC, which is also part of the “Low County,” is reportedly where the prosecutor’s son, went to hang out, after he was essentially exiled from his own community, following the boat crash. Their hunting lodge was also just west of Charleston.

Charleston is well known by another name, the “Holy City,” due to the number of churches in the area. So religion plays a big part in the daily lives of the good people living in this part of South Carolina.

I don’t imagine you understand what the word “Holy” means, but the behavior of this local government, looks more “Hellish” by any standard.

Hi Raptor

not sure why you do not keep these discussions in the religion, spirituality and beliefs forum as that is what that forum is for.

Not everyone is a believer and if someone is I don’t have a problem with that and have been active in that part of the forum as a non-believer. When I am looking at crime that is what the context of this forum is about and do not see the point of you dragging prophecies into an objective analysis of a crime.

You do the same thing in the news and politics forum as well, life is full of good people, bad people, bad good guys and good bad guys in both politics and crime. You have a couple of threads about your perspectives and prophecies which is fine but it does not need to be the focus or distraction of what is going on in this particular case.

Edited by jmccr8
The usual
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Raptor

not sure why you do not keep these discussions in the religion, spirituality and beliefs forum as that is what that forum is for.

Behavior, such as prosecutors murdering people and getting away with it, is both a secular and non-secular problem, but there is no secular defense against this behavior, or else the FBI would already be involved. That is my argument, and I think it’s as valid as anything you offer, which I have yet to hear.

What is your solution, or do you have one? Let me guess, the state government will do the right thing?

I disagree. I don’t think they have any intention or the capacity for doing the right thing, or have you forgotten that one of the victims of the boat accident;,the mother of Anthony Cook, actually worked for the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division?

If the police in South Carolina aren’t willing to help their own, they are certainly not going to help the public.

This problem requires an external intervention. from a place the “Holy City” should appreciate, announced by someone who knows it’s possible.

Edited by Raptor Witness

50 minutes ago, Raptor Witness said:

Behavior, such as prosecutors murdering people and getting away with it, is both a secular and non-secular problem, but there is no secular defense against this behavior, or else the FBI would already be involved. That is my argument, and I think it’s as valid as anything you offer, which I have yet to hear.

What is your solution, or do you have one? Let me guess, the state government will do the right thing?

I disagree. I don’t think they have any intention or the capacity for doing the right thing, or have you forgotten that one of the victims of the boat accident;,the mother of Anthony Cook, actually worked for the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division?

If the police in South Carolina aren’t willing to help their own, they are certainly not going to help the public.

This problem requires an external intervention. from a place the “Holy City” should appreciate, announced by someone who knows it’s possible.

Hi Raptor

They do not have evidence for the wife and son but he is a person of interest in the case and that is the information that I am watching for. This whole affair has been taken over by the FBI and I doubt anyone in that community has the clout to influence them so will wait and see.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

This whole affair has been taken over by the FBI and I doubt anyone in that community has the clout to influence them so will wait and see.

Source?

1 hour ago, jmccr8 said:

They do not have evidence for the wife and son but he is a person of interest in the case and that is the information that I am watching for.

You mean no one smarter than a Low Country cop has bothered to find out what the Mother’s and son’s life and accident policies were worth?

Maybe a Charleston root doctor could get to the bottom of this, but that’s a religion, so count them out too.

1 hour ago, Raptor Witness said:

Source?

You mean no one smarter than a Low Country cop has bothered to find out what the Mother’s and son’s life and accident policies were worth?

Maybe a Charleston root doctor could get to the bottom of this, but that’s a religion, so count them out too.

Hi Raptor 

I am not home now because I am working out of town and using my phone so will not give links right now.

I am not trying to make things disagreeable for either one of us but maybe go back a few pages and read the links.

I have a past and am well aware of what can happen with the justices system in some cases. I have every reason to be cynical and yet you have less faith in your fellow man or legal system.

I like you am an observer and I will see what unfolds as things progress in this case. To be honest I have no idea what you are on about at times so will give you this pearl, if a woman is talking to you about taking it to the next level/having children or your in the middle of getting some sugar don’t talk about sports, your boss or a car.:tu:

22 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

and yet you have less faith in your fellow man or legal system.

I have plenty of faith in the people of South Carolina, including their “Holy City,” when they are freed from the bondage of these Murdaughs ….. but D. Angel will visit this place, first.

Christians in the SC state house never bother to ask, why it might be necessary to have a new Earth at the end of the age. Will 600 million buy them a new Earth?

….. and yet, still, they doubt who darkens their “sea to shining sea.”

1 hour ago, Raptor Witness said:

I have plenty of faith in the people of South Carolina, including their “Holy City,” when they are freed from the bondage of these Murdaughs ….. but D. Angel will visit this place, first.

Christians in the SC state house never bother to ask, why it might be necessary to have a new Earth at the end of the age. Will 600 million buy them a new Earth?

….. and yet, still, they doubt who darkens their “sea to shining sea.”

Hi Raptor

Well yes you are entitled to an opinion, that said I have seen no religious implications involved in the case but do think that he was likely involved with a drug dealing Leprechaun Cartel working in conjunction with other Elves and Fairies from "The Isles" that killed his family and he is just trying to hide his association.:lol:

I don't think he has or ever had an opioid habit or that the money had anything to do with drugs.

All that aside there have been no new updates on the many investigations being done right now so expect that they will keep tight lipped until they have evidence processed, before we really know what was going on. He was facing civil suits and there are questions if they were living apart or that she was considering divorce. There was a link a few pages ago that she they were transferring properties from his inheritance in her name to keep them out of the civil suits. I don't know but I am inclined to think that any real estate transfers had or were happening before Alex's dad who died a couple of days after Alex's wife and son died. His brothers and partners were involved in those transfers so think the 5 million was something that all of them knew about and consented to using those funds based on some speculation of the inheritance for some as yet not known reasons and had to cover it up.

His wife and son dying puts a crimp in how they allocated the property to protect it from the civil suits so unless she had another beneficiary that land and property would revert back to him which will make them subject to the civil suits that he was trying to protect them from. Did someone else know what they were doing and killed the wife and son to subvert the families plans?

There are lots of questions and theories/speculations to be had, we don't know everything so I am not going out to a lynching just because a guy is looking bad at this time and will not pass judgement until I know more 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The housekeeper’s likely murder is detailed here:

These are the kinds of crimes that are generally repeated, because they get away with it once, twice, three, four, or five times.

The thing that’s most shocking, is that there’s no check and balance to the corruption, whatsoever.  No civil or criminal justice.

This calls into question countless wrongful death cases spanning who knows how many years.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Raptor Witness said:

The housekeeper’s likely murder is detailed here:

Hi Raptor

The podcast doesn't say anything about murder so not sure how you are making the connection. What they are discussing is the financial settlement and at no time are they giving any indication that her death was anything other than accidental

2 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Raptor

The podcast doesn't say anything about murder so not sure how you are making the connection. What they are discussing is the financial settlement and at no time are they giving any indication that her death was anything other than accidental

Are you unable to read between the lines?

No autopsy of the housekeeper, coupled with millions in stolen insurance money, is enough to dig deeper.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Raptor Witness said:

Are you unable to read between the lines?

Hi Raptor

Reading between the lines in not how people are convicted for a crime but evidence is so excuse me if I don't take unsupported speculation as fact

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/22/2021 at 2:11 AM, jmccr8 said:

if a woman is talking to you about taking it to the next level/having children or your in the middle of getting some sugar don’t talk about sports, your boss or a car.:tu:

Excellent advice, jmccr8! May l simply add one more topic to avoid under the above circumstances- your ex

Edited by NCHillbilly
omitted word
  • Like 2

https://www.wsav.com/news/local-news/will-alex-murdaughs-medical-records-be-kept-private/

HAMPTON, S.C. (WSAV) – Alex Murdaugh‘s attorneys have filed a motion to stop medical records from his shooting earlier this month from being released to the court.

Lawyers representing Renee Beach — the mother of Mallory Beach, killed in a 2019 boat crash — subpoenaed Murdaugh’s hospital admission, summary and discharge information from when he was taken to Memorial Health in Savannah.

Murdaugh was flown to the Savannah hospital on Sept. 4 after allegedly being shot in the head during an attempted insurance fraud scheme.

• Like 2

With his past history I think the father should be the prime suspect in the mother and son murders.  His son was a financial liability to him if a civil suit was brought against the family because of the boat crash.  His wife probably knew he was embezzling from the law firm and that he had a drug addiction.  I'm sure he had life insurance policies on both of them. The settlement for the death of housekeeper, Gloria Satterfield, (in the millions) was never paid out to the family but diverted to accounts controlled by Murdaugh. His lawyer buddy represented the family and was paid his fees. The  Murdaugh main family residence was in Hampton County.  No companies, even Walmart, will locate in Hampton County as the law firm Murdaugh was a partner in constantly sued anyone and everyone. The Stephen Smith case was re-opened after the mother/son murders.   It will be interesting to see the connection between Smith and the Murdaughs.  One SC investigator who has studied around 70 hit-and-run fatalities said that every victim examined had been knocked out of their shoes.  Stephen Smith still had his shoes on with laces tied loosely.  He was killed about 15 miles from the Murdaugh home.  Drunken boat accident, drunken hit-and-run?

Edited by tortugabob
  • Like 3

Murdaugh has been taken into custody again in Florida on charges of misappropriating settlement funds in the case of his housekeeper's death. He was arrested today (Thursday) after being released from a rehab center in Orlando.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/14/us/alex-murdaugh-arrested-florida/index.html

https://www.wjcl.com/article/alex-murdaugh-arrested-florida/37962146#

• Like 4

No bond for the ex-prosecutor, but only because of the work of a few good men and women. This good faith reporter, in particular….

Local law enforcement was MIA. They squash the local poor, like bugs, but turn and look the other way, if the criminals are rich, powerful. and white.

This fiasco is the tip of an iceberg…

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

“Fall of Civilization” is the type of disaster, which requires a failure of government to perform the most essential of service, for the community.

Such a fall, is the kind of revelation we see with the Murdaugh family’s disintegration, where the criminals, are the crime fighters.

The state of confusion’s punishment must be greater than their depraved “civilization” is willing to muster, or the tyranny here, will spread.

Swifter than day is from night.

Mater, Magnus Marinus Tempestas …where sea met shining sea.

Swifter than day is from night.” =

Daylight Savings Time 2021 - https://www.timeanddate.com/time/change/usa

Mater = Mother

Magnus = Great 

Marinus = Marine; of or pertaining to the sea

Tempestas = Storm, tempest

Coastal Storm Strikes South Carolina on Daylight Savings Time - https://www.washingtonpost.com/weather/2021/11/06/coastal-flooding-southeast-storm-charleston/

“Where sea met shining sea,” refers to where the Navy Blue Angel fell from the sky along coastal South Carolina …..during a 2007 air show.

“Swifter than day is from night …” is a very curious thing to say in a forecast about a coming “ocean storm,” specifically for a certain part of the United States. Namely, South Carolina ….

What is “swifter” than the change in daylight savings time?

…. “than day is from night”

“From” - take away (something) from something else so as to decrease the size, number, or amount.

Daylight Savings Time is essentially a process of addition of daylight in the spring and subtraction in the fall.

The statement represents the time element for when the storm will occur, in a story or parable format.

_______

Mother has been relatively gentle, this time, but the process of stripping the sand from all those South Carolina beach renourishment projects, will continue, as previously outlined here on these boards. Beach renourishment is another example of errant, costly behavior, and the fall of this civilization.

Google the following unique phrase in quotation marks:

"if it takes a hundred hurricanes"

The Earth's Sword 2

The Earth's Sword 2

Port Royal Beach Renourishment

Port Royal, SC - Beach Renourishment

This local investigator has some new information about the death of Stephen Smith. 

The revelations that Stephen was a prostitute opens up a door of opportunity for other motives, such as drug debts. 

The problem is, he ignores the apparent coverup into the cause of death, which is hard to ignore, including who would have the power to hide the cause of death in a case like this.

For this and a few other reasons, I’ve been suspicious of this investigator’s motives. It’s as if he’s trying to muddy the water, while trying to hide the more damning evidence. If true, the apparent coverup, of the cause of death has an equally powerful motive attached to it.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally, they just released the 911 call for the housekeepers death. “Chilling” is the only word to describe it.

What I would also like to know, is what took so long for the local authorities to release this?

The Murdaughs were rather rude with the 911 dispatcher, but it may have been out of stress. 

https://www.live5news.com/2021/11/30/sled-releases-911-call-murdaugh-housekeepers-fatal-fall/

Edited by susieice