Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How to save archived threads on pdf.

Abramelin

Well, my question should be clear: how do I save archived and thus closed threads to pdf?

I know Saru knows what monstreous thread I'm hinting at.

It is a real pain to have to Google for hours to retrieve the desired information from that archived thread (3 parts, in total lasting for a decade).

In pdf form it's easy to search for the desired information.

• Like 1

The forum doesn't support downloading entire threads, it's also not a practice I'd want to encourage.

What are you doing with the information in that thread, specifically ? Writing a book ?

15 hours ago, Abramelin said:

Well, my question should be clear: how do I save archived and thus closed threads to pdf?

Why don't you cut and paste the pertinent info to a blank Word/pdf document?

16 hours ago, Saru said:

The forum doesn't support downloading entire threads, it's also not a practice I'd want to encourage.

What are you doing with the information in that thread, specifically ? Writing a book ?

It's the Oera Linda Book thread.

I posted overthere lots of stuff that was only sideways related to the OLB.

I wanted easy access to whatever I posted there, in 10 years time. A pdf is easy searchable, as you know.

And no, I am not writing a book. Btw, another participant of that thread actually did write a book about the OLB. You can recognize his name in the wiki about the OLB.

1 hour ago, Piney said:

Why don't you cut and paste the pertinent info to a blank Word/pdf document?

I hope you know what you're suggesting, lol! It's in total more than a 1000 pages ( parts I, II and III ).

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Abramelin said:

I hope you know what you're suggesting, lol! It's in total more than a 1000 pages ( parts I, II and III ).

You could put it in a book!

:innocent:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, acute said:

You could put it in a book!

:innocent:

If you have ever read the Doggerland thread, then you'll know I had some ... uhm... creative ideas. One example: 8150 bp a spiralling comet impacted into the north of the North Sea, and caused the Storegga Slide and both these events caused a huge tsunami that lasted for days (because of the impact a hundreds meters thick sediment layer the size of Ireland went on the move).

The following flooding of Doggerland, combined with a huge and terrifying celestial phenomenon must have been remembered for many ages in legends and myths.

All the above is not based on actual facts, but I just connected some dots, and added a couple of other dots.

You will understand how amazed I was to find that phantasy back in a book about Doggerland that was published like 3 or 4 years after.

Apparently there are those who have no problems with stealing from here and there to write a book.

@Abramelin

I don't remember that thread, but I've seen some theories, such as a tsunami caused by an earthquake, a sudden breach of a major lake, etc.

I think they are popular theories.

Edited by acute

There are some specifics in my story that are anything but popular.

But this not the forum to discuss my story.

Edited to add:

The Doggerland thread is in the Ancient Mysteries & Alternative Histories forum.

Edited by Abramelin