Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Peter B

Police sting criminals with AN0M

Peter B

I thought this was a story worth sharing...

More than 200 members of Australia's mafia and bikie underworld have been charged in the nation's largest-ever crime sting, police say.

As part of a three-year collaboration between the Australian Federal Police (AFP) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), underworld figures were tricked into communicating via an encrypted app designed by police, authorities say...

Authorities say they were able to read up to 25 million messages in real time.

Police said they uncovered 21 murder plots and seized more than 3,000 kilograms of drugs and $45 million in cash and assets.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Piney
29 minutes ago, Peter B said:

Police said they uncovered 21 murder plots and seized more than 3,000 kilograms of drugs and $45 million in cash and assets.

A dent.......

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

HandsomeGorilla

Yep, they were also monitoring message boards where illegal activity was taking place, then if vendors on those sites were selling anything illegal, they'd log into those databases and build a better case. Several people got popped that I don't necessarily know but am familiar with. They've been doing this stuff for years. If it's on the internet, you might as well consider it public knowledge 

• Like 3

'Walt' E. Kurtz

yep big global crime bust includes 70 in Sweden. it's good that they do crime busts but at the end of the day i believe it's like p***ing in the wind...........:-(

• Like 3