Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Still Waters

Mango with 'human face' causes commotion in Kenyan community

Still Waters

A bizarre video circulating online shows residents of a community in Kenya crowding around a mango tree following the discovery of a fruit that seemed to sport the face of a human. The very strange commotion reportedly unfolded in the county of Kitui late last week after someone noticed the odd sight and word of the wondrous mango quickly spread throughout the town. In turn, a sizeable crowd of residents rushed to the scene to marvel at the anomalous fruit and snap pictures of the weird yield with their cell phones.

https://www.coasttocoastam.com/article/watch-mango-with-human-face-causes-commotion-in-kenyan-community/

• Haha 2

third_eye

Thank goodness its nose is too big to be Jesus... 

~

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

godnodog

well that was some of the most stupid 23 seconds of my life.

• Haha 6

Stiff

Imagine if something really exciting happened in that village if that's the kind of commotion that something so mundane causes.

They'd probably do little wee's in their lower garments.

• Haha 3

SD455GTO
21 hours ago, third_eye said:

Thank goodness its nose is too big to be Jesus... 

~

And they would start calling him "big nose" and asking if it spoke and said "blessed are the cheese makers" ?

• Haha 2

Manwon Lender
21 hours ago, Still Waters said:

A bizarre video circulating online shows residents of a community in Kenya crowding around a mango tree following the discovery of a fruit that seemed to sport the face of a human. The very strange commotion reportedly unfolded in the county of Kitui late last week after someone noticed the odd sight and word of the wondrous mango quickly spread throughout the town. In turn, a sizeable crowd of residents rushed to the scene to marvel at the anomalous fruit and snap pictures of the weird yield with their cell phones.

https://www.coasttocoastam.com/article/watch-mango-with-human-face-causes-commotion-in-kenyan-community/

What a waste of 24 seconds of my life!

Noawareness

I've never been as excited about anything that has ever happened, in my entire life, as these people are about this fruit...

pallidin

Carved???

nonimportant23

Possibly put in one of those plastics containers that goes around the fruit as it's gowning. It continue growing inside the shape of the mold inside until it gets too big. The mold was removed before any attention was given to to. From my understand this is quiet popular in Japan to fetch a premium for the fruits like this. 

• Thanks 1

pallidin
6 hours ago, nonimportant23 said:

Possibly put in one of those plastics containers that goes around the fruit as it's gowning. It continue growing inside the shape of the mold inside until it gets too big. The mold was removed before any attention was given to to. From my understand this is quiet popular in Japan to fetch a premium for the fruits like this. 

Huh. Was totally unaware of the practice...