Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US Covid deaths hit 600,000

Eldorado

The U.S. death toll from COVID-19 topped 600,000 on Tuesday, even as the vaccination drive has drastically brought down daily cases and fatalities and allowed the country to emerge from the gloom and look forward to summer.

The number of lives lost, as recorded by Johns Hopkins University, is greater than the population of Baltimore or Milwaukee. It is about equal to the number of Americans who died of cancer in 2019. Worldwide, the COVID-19 death toll stands at about 3.8 million.

Full report at ABC: Link

• Thanks 1

Where can we access the raw data? Specifically comorbidity and age demographics. 500,000+ is a scary number but surely we all remember the incentives to list cause of death as "covid-19". Then there's the ventilator scandal...

• Thanks 1

I question the unavailability of the shot claim. They are literally available everywhere now to anyone with many just sitting because people aren't going to get them. The mad rush to get vaccinated that made it so hard to get appointments is slowing down. I don't know anyone who paid for the shots. They don't require insurance. A lot of communities are organizing mobile clinics now where they will come to you. It took a while but availability is becoming much easier. You still can't get them in a doctor's office that I know of. Not around here anyway.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 3

52 minutes ago, susieice said:

I question the unavailability of the shot claim. They are literally available everywhere now to anyone with many just sitting because people aren't going to get them. The mad rush to get vaccinated that made it so hard to get appointments is slowing down. I don't know anyone who paid for the shots. They don't require insurance. A lot of communities are organizing mobile clinics now where they will come to you. It took a while but availability is becoming much easier. You still can't get them in a doctor's office that I know of. Not around here anyway.

When I got my vaccine, if I went to a pharmacy to get it (Walmart anyway) they asked for my insurance card, but they only had the moderna and I had made an appointment for a J&J so I walked out.   When I got it from a state sponsored place (parking lot of Albertsons) it was free.  I don't know what the actual rules are for whether the insurance pays for it or if maybe the pharmacy was just wanting information they didn't need.

• Like 1

I wasn't asked for any insurance information. No one I know was either.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, susieice said:

I wasn't asked for any insurance information. No one I know was either.

I got vaccinated fairly early on after they were available to me. They asked for mine, but I think they were trying to keep up with statistics on who was and wasn't getting it.

• Like 2

If I'm not mistaken it was estimated that the US deaths during the 1918 flu pandemic reached the same number. Of course, the population was much smaller then.

Let's hope it ends soon.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Meanwhile some high profile evangelical pastors(false prophets,) are lying about the pandemic to their congregations, helping spread the infection.

Jesus was a great liberal in His day. In fact, He was a flaming liberal.

He stood up for women, when the established thinking was to put poor women in their place, and even murder them. He stood up for children, in no uncertain terms, when they were to be seen and not heard. These were the weakest members of His society. Yet, He even went further, with the story of the good Samaritan, which was the foreigner. Contrast this with the Justice Department's rabid treatment of Christians attempting to access our southern border and you have the teachings of Darkness.

Attorney General William Barr, by seeking to divide U.S. serves only one purpose. He is the opposite of Jesus Christ.  For this reason, the plagas against him and his political house shall swell like a tsunami. They will hear the rumbling of the earth, but think nothing of it, until they are swept away, and into the sea, never to be seen or heard from again. Covered with silt and sorrow, until the end of time, far and away, into the abyss.

Mater, perdat vomitu in parallel lines

Edited October 23, 2019 by Raptor Witness
  •  

Mater = Mother

perdat = destroy

vomitu = vomit, sickness 

In the context here, waves move in parallel lines. “like a tsunami”

A “sickness” that comes in waves, “like a tsunami” is a pandemic, and the delusion that these right wing conservative liars would suffer, is also correctly forecast.

Edited by Raptor Witness