Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The evolutionary place and function of spiritual and religious belief

Mr Walker

12 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Hey Watchout, I am a Korean Trailer Park Boy!:angry:

Here is my current Mobil home, we move frequently. Normally we keep our homes and drive them around until the wheels fall off!!:wacko::rofl::lol:

If you ever come to Korea and you need some transportation, the ignition key is hidden hub of the front right wheel!:lol: I know it looks horse drawn, but that's just a disguise to hide the fact that it's a motor vehicle!!:devil:

Lol

Hi Manwon 

Thanks for the laugh I enjoyed that I still don't have likes, well it did let me make 3 likes before I got to your post and then they disappeared again.:unsure2::lol:

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/1/2021 at 7:15 AM, Sherapy said:

No one is anything, but human. And, MW, doesn’t even meditate. He posted a page back that he does little but sit on the computer and read books. The heightened awareness can be anxiety and stress too. Which seems more likely. He has a few versions of this tale, he typically claims he connected to a cosmic consciousness when he was 3. He doesn’t remember that many of us have children and know better. Claims of living in bliss but cannot describe how in his own words, has to Google cut and paste is a red flag that thus is complete hogwash and indicative of one who is making things up. 

There are many levels of human Of course i am human; However i have   learned many skills and abilities over my life 

lol My life is filled with a variety of things. yep i love books films and games but i am also busy with every day things and social activities Eg i meet and speak at length with at least 30 people every day. Often its 40 or 50. 

I go to men's shed, fitness classes,  and book club. i go to a board game evening every week  and we have music evenings and sing alongs regularly at our home.  I run  a pop up book and dvd exchange which attracts users from all over the local area and exchanges dozens of books and dvds every week 

I  also sell a lot of   things online and deliver them to people over a 1000 square mile  area  

And as usual you have either mis remembered what i posted, or are lying about it 

I began studying and disciplining my mind aged about 3 or 4 and this lead to to connection with the cosmic consciousness around the age of 12 or 13.

Dont judge me by your own kids   was reading aged  3, and my parents  spent a lot of time improving my memory, mind, and other skills.

I spent atl east an hour every night for 10 years coming to understand the nature of my mind, (conscious and subconscious)  emotions and thoughts, and how to construct and control them  
Ive explained how  a person can live in constant joy, without fear, anger, or depression or  anxiety .You just refuse to believe it is possible.  Joy is a cognitive construct like fear or anger. Learn how to construct it (the neural pattern which makes you feel joy) and you can do so on demand. You can also deconstruct and eliminate fear, anger  etc 

Its a step past mediation, where you learn the nature and basic control of your mind.

It is understanding your mind and developing total self discipline and control over your thoughts  and behaviours. It is recognising tha t all mental responses are constructs, and that you can choose what construct /response to make to any event. 

google cut and paste provides evidences that what i claim is not unknown, even if it is unknown to you  

Ps i went in for a check up last week and the doctor decided to take my blood pressure.

It had been several months since it had been read  

I said "ok ,but it will be 120/76."

She pumped up the sleeve and released it, and read the first number 

"it is 120" she said .

A few seconds later she added, "Over 76"

The look on her face was wonderful to behold 

I explained how I can control and recognise my blood pressure  

She called in a colleague and said, "Mr walker has done something very zen with his blood pressure 

Edited by Mr Walker
  • Haha 4

On 6/30/2021 at 8:06 PM, Manwon Lender said:

Mr. Walker respectfully your not omnipotent, you are nothing but a mortal man. I don't understand how you can make the claims you do, nor do I even want to know. I wish you the best and hopeful you get the help you need, because I am obviously not at your level of heightened reality or Cosmic consciousness so I am unqualified to judge or even consider you train of thought.

Peace my friend and good luck 

Not omnipotent 

However, i use a lot more of my mortal skills and abilities than most humans and i have the advantage of connection to the  cosmic consciousness  

Some humans excel at physical activities  due to physique and training and discipline I have spent my life learning and using cognitive ones

I had an early advantage, being taught tread by my parents aged around 2/3 (by age 3 I was reading fluently books which most kids couldn't  read until they were 5 or 6   and form their training in memory and other skills   i read the entire encyclopaedia Britannica and the oxford dictionary by the time i was 10 just by reading  them regularly while we visited the local library I also read the entire contents of two other sets of encyclopaedias and a couple of dictionaries   which we had a t home 

I have had a wonderful life and am incredibly fortunate in my parents, childhood, teachers, family, wife  and  friends, colleagues,   and community. 

Why would I need any help? :)  My role is more to help others, and i spend a lot of my time doing so.   

Delirium ex magnifico detritus ...

~

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Mr Walker said:

Some humans excel at physical activities  due to physique and training and discipline I have spent my life learning and using cognitive ones

All to reach the lofty intellectual heights of geography teacher and guidance counselor?  Even with that enlarged cortex of yours giving you a head start, that's all you've managed to do with it?  As usual the 'showing' is the opposite of the 'telling'.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

There are many levels of human Of course i am human; However i have   learned many skills and abilities over my life 

lol My life is filled with a variety of things. yep i love books films and games but i am also busy with every day things and social activities Eg i meet and speak at length with at least 30 people every day. Often its 40 or 50. 

I go to men's shed, fitness classes,  and book club. i go to a board game evening every week  and we have music evenings and sing alongs regularly at our home.  I run  a pop up book and dvd exchange which attracts users from all over the local area and exchanges dozens of books and dvds every week 

I  also sell a lot of   things online and deliver them to people over a 1000 square mile  area  

And as usual you have either mis remembered what i posted, or are lying about it 

I began studying and disciplining my mind aged about 3 or 4 and this lead to to connection with the cosmic consciousness around the age of 12 or 13.

Dont judge me by your own kids   was reading aged  3, and my parents  spent a lot of time improving my memory, mind, and other skills.

I spent atl east an hour every night for 10 years coming to understand the nature of my mind, (conscious and subconscious)  emotions and thoughts, and how to construct and control them  
Ive explained how  a person can live in constant joy, without fear, anger, or depression or  anxiety .You just refuse to believe it is possible.  Joy is a cognitive construct like fear or anger. Learn how to construct it (the neural pattern which makes you feel joy) and you can do so on demand. You can also deconstruct and eliminate fear, anger  etc 

Its a step past mediation, where you learn the nature and basic control of your mind.

It is understanding your mind and developing total self discipline and control over your thoughts  and behaviours. It is recognising tha t all mental responses are constructs, and that you can choose what construct /response to make to any event. 

google cut and paste provides evidences that what i claim is not unknown, even if it is unknown to you  

Ps i went in for a check up last week and the doctor decided to take my blood pressure.

It had been several months since it had been read  

I said "ok ,but it will be 120/76."

She pumped up the sleeve and released it, and read the first number 

"it is 120" she said .

A few seconds later she added, "Over 76"

The look on her face was wonderful to behold 

I explained how I can control and recognise my blood pressure  

She called in a colleague and said, "Mr walker has done something very zen with his blood pressure 

Ahahahaha, my two cents.  

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

There are many levels of human

Hi Walker

Haven't seen you around lately. Just wondering if you could list those levels of being human for me as I am not sure what you are inferring here?

i meet and speak at length with at least 30 people every day. Often its 40 or 50. 

So given previous statements of your daily routine I am wondering just how much time it would take you to speak with 30-50 people a day at length?

Interesting, so you have a home based business, what products do you sell and do you take your wife with you on these outings to deliver product as that is a large area to make deliveries so would think that some are full day round trips?

We all learn from the time we are born at 13 I spoke 3 languages and my older brother spoke 5 by the time he was 15. I was taught to do chores and build things all through my childhood and had a connection to tools and materials not to mention farm animals. Cosmic consciousness is one of those things that seems a little iffy sci-fi to me and really haven't seen any credible documentation that supports it as something real.

Pretty sure most cognizant people do the same thing without claiming some supernatural abilities given that it is a part of human inter-actions.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Not omnipotent 

However, i use a lot more of my mortal skills and abilities than most humans and i have the advantage of connection to the  cosmic consciousness  

I had an early advantage, being taught tread by my parents aged around 2/3 (by age 3 I was reading fluently books which most kids couldn't  read until they were 5 or 6   and form their training in memory and other skills   i read the entire encyclopaedia Britannica and the oxford dictionary by the time i was 10 just by reading  them regularly while we visited the local library I also read the entire contents of two other sets of encyclopaedias and a couple of dictionaries   which we had a t home 

I have had a wonderful life and am incredibly fortunate in my parents, childhood, teachers, family, wife  and  friends, colleagues,   and community. 

Why would I need any help? :)  My role is more to help others, and i spend a lot of my time doing so.   

Well my friend that may be true where you live, but it isn't working here!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Manwon Lender said:

Well my friend that may be true where you live, but it isn't working here!

Well said, there just isn’t’ anything that is a stand out in the area of gnosis or enlightenment, but this applies to the majority of humanity though. :D 

And, there is absolutely nothing wrong with being an ordinary mundane person with many flaws and a dark side either, accepting ones humanity is part and parcel of any kind of growth on any path. 
 IMHO

• Like 5

I have nothing to contribute on topic...just wanted to add..

I'm glad to see you Mr. Walker.   I was a little worried about you   :)

I'm still concerned about not seeing Cormac for awhile. .   .

And now ,back to the usual love fest  :P

Edited by lightly
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, closed for business said:

Hi Walker

Haven't seen you around lately. Just wondering if you could list those levels of being human for me as I am not sure what you are inferring here?

So given previous statements of your daily routine I am wondering just how much time it would take you to speak with 30-50 people a day at length?

Interesting, so you have a home based business, what products do you sell and do you take your wife with you on these outings to deliver product as that is a large area to make deliveries so would think that some are full day round trips?

We all learn from the time we are born at 13 I spoke 3 languages and my older brother spoke 5 by the time he was 15. I was taught to do chores and build things all through my childhood and had a connection to tools and materials not to mention farm animals. Cosmic consciousness is one of those things that seems a little iffy sci-fi to me and really haven't seen any credible documentation that supports it as something real.

Pretty sure most cognizant people do the same thing without claiming some supernatural abilities given that it is a part of human inter-actions.

I did giggle when I read his post and remembered my middle son was fluent in Spanish and English when he was 3. The kids do circles around ours, now. 

Most kids read by 3. Just saying. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

I did giggle when I read his post and remembered my middle son was fluent in Spanish and English when he was 3. The kids do circles around ours, now. 

Wow!   Waybackwhen... I don't think any of us kids in Fife Lake read by age 3...I don't think I even read Dick and Jane and spot,  till 1st. grade :P.       

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Well said, there just isn’t’ anything that is a stand out in the area of gnosis or enlightenment, but this applies to the majority of humanity though. :D 

And, there is absolutely nothing wrong with being an ordinary mundane person with many flaws and a dark side either, accepting ones humanity is part and parcel of any kind of growth on any path. 
 IMHO

It certainly applies to me, I have many flaws and that dark side you speak of above. I am like everyone else looking for any happiness I can find in a world filled with pain and suffering. But, like Mr. Walker said he does, if during my journey I can help others along the way I will gladly do so. Because that is where some of the happiness in this life can be found, we are all nothing but mundane humans just like you said above. 

Take Care my friend :tu:

• Like 5

1 hour ago, lightly said:

Wow!   Waybackwhen... I don't think any of us kids in Fife Lake read by age 3...I don't think I even read Dick and Jane and spot,  till 1st. grade :P.       

It isn’t ‘t anything wow, Most kids are reading see spot run  or something with a few words by 3, MW was too. He was not reading anything more. 

Computers and cell phones have changed things though. My 7 year old typed faster than me way back. 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Manwon Lender said:

It certainly applies to me, I have many flaws and that dark side you speak of above. I am like everyone else looking for any happiness I can find in a world filled with pain and suffering. But, like Mr. Walker said he does, if during my journey I can help others along the way I will gladly do so. Because that is where some of the happiness in this life can be found, we are all nothing but mundane humans just like you said above. 

Take Care my friend :tu:

Same, I too find it a great honor to be of help as a caregiver or where I can be,  I consider it fun. The me, me, me phase of life  transformed  when I had my children. For me, there is no greater joy or opportunity to be a better self than raising kids. Amazing time of my life, waiting to be a grandma these days. :wub:

Edited by Sherapy
  • Thanks 2

I could write and recite the alphabet by age three or four, but couldn't actually read--no one thought to teach me that next step. I learned to read at age five, my first week in first grade. That Saturday, as usual, we always visited and stayed at my grandmother's and she always gave me her old green stamp catalogues to doodle in. I started doodling, as usual, then was astonished to realize I could actually read the words on the pages. It changed my life forever, going forward. A most remarkable epiphany!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lightly said:

I have nothing to contribute on topic...just wanted to add..

I'm glad to see you Mr. Walker.   I was a little worried about you   :)

I'm still concerned about not seeing Cormac for awhile. .   .

And now ,back to the usual love fest  :P

Same, I hope his wife is doing okay. My concerns are with her. I keep her in my prayers. :wub:

• Like 3

Just now, Sherapy said:

Same, I too find it a great honor to be of help as a caregiver or where I can be,  I consider it fun. The me, me, me phase of life  transformed  when I had my children. For me, there is no greater joy or opportunity to be a better self than raising kids. Amazing time of my life, waiting to be a grandma :wub:

The me me me thing is the biggest problem we as a species have. It's very wonderful that you have been graced with a wonderful family, it's something I miss most. But, I can feel your pride, and I am very very happy for you, you certainly deserve it. I can also understand the happiness you feel working as a caregiver, it takes a special person to do that type of work. I can also understand the satisfaction it must bring you.

For years before my daughter passed, my wife and I had caregivers that worked in our home helping my wife with our daughter. I have seen the kindness and good that line of work brings and I take my hat of to you for doing it, because while it brings much happiness it also brings sadness when someone you have cared for passes and that makes it a tough job at times.

Take Care my Friend. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We evolved to be an intelligent, thinking, communicating species, elaborating on the simple sounds we used to communicate basic concepts into language. We had no reason to think we were special, in that regard and assumed other creatures, animal and plant, communicated the same way, after their own fashion. Somewhere, somehow along the way, we created the concept of souls or spirits, within ourselves and that all the other living beings in the world were so imbued. Living things could be anything, animals, trees, a waterfall, a mountain, a stream, the sun, the moon and stars, anything could have it's own spirit within, animating the world. Thousands of years past as the stories and tales of unique spirits with unique attributes became embedded in the psyche of humanity and one by one, the spirits of the primitive animist were transformed into Gods and the cycles of theologies began. 

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

The me me me thing is the biggest problem we as a species have. It's very wonderful that you have been graced with a wonderful family, it's something I miss most. But, I can feel your pride, and I am very very happy for you, you certainly deserve it. I can also understand the happiness you feel working as a caregiver, it takes a special person to do that type of work. I can also understand the satisfaction it must bring you.

For years before my daughter passed, my wife and I had caregivers that worked in our home helping my wife with our daughter. I have seen the kindness and good that line of work brings and I take my hat of to you for doing it, because while it brings much happiness it also brings sadness when someone you have cared for passes and that makes it a tough job at times.

Take Care my Friend. 

It is very hard and sad to lose a beloved person that one cares for every person that I have had the honor of caring for have taught me so much and live on in my heart. I am so happy to hear that you and your wife have had wonderful experiences with caregivers as you journeyed with your daughter. Your daughter was so blessed to have you and your wife too, It is not an easy road, you two are angels.  I took care of a little girl who had Cerebral Palsy she could only move her eyes and swallow this little girl taught me so much about joy and happiness and not a day goes by that I don’t think of her, her parents split up and she moved away with her mother, but I am certain she is doing well and lighting up the world with her beautiful smile and soul. :wub: Thank you for sharing your daughter with me. Namaste Manwon. 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Sherapy said:

Hi Sherapy

When I used to walk with my son on my shoulders we would practice the alphabet in Spanish and English one letter per step and did the same thing with counting in both languages and he could could to 100 in both languages by the time he was three.

When I was young I had flash cards to learn with and used them with my son as well. Children are intelligent sponges for information and no matter what question he asked I always answered because it builds trust. I never understood anyone telling me I was too young to understand something because in my mind I understood the question and expected an answer even if they did not think I would understand and those people lost my trust. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

It is very hard and sad to lose a beloved person that one cares for every person that I have had the honor of caring for have taught me so much and live on in my heart. I am so happy to hear that you and your wife have had wonderful experiences with caregivers as you journeyed with your daughter. Your daughter was so blessed to have you and your wife too, It is not an easy road, you two are angels.  I took care of a little girl who had Cerebral Palsy she could only move her eyes and swallow this little girl taught me so much about joy and happiness and not a day goes by that I don’t think of her, her parents split up and she moved away with her mother, but I am certain she is doing well and lighting up the world with her beautiful smile and soul. :wub: Thank you for sharing your daughter with me. Namaste Manwon. 

Actually, thank you for doing all you do. :tu: In Washington State, SSI and while I was on active and after I retired Tricare picked up all the bills for caregivers. In that state individuals are rated by their disability level, and those like my daughter received maximum benefits. We had a care provider helping my wife for approximately 9 hours a day, 7 days a week. This allowed me to perform my military duties without being concerned about my wife being alone and taking care of my daughter.

Even after Sarah became ill she continued to grow, and my need in home help to care for her. We had all of the state of art equipment like Hoyer lifts for moving her but she had a full day with physical therapy and showers and feedings. She had a G-Tube but my wife also feed her mouth. My wife also had gone back to school to get medical training to better care for Sarah, which she stopped just short of becoming a RN. 

So while most here have no idea the commitment it takes to do your job, I certainly do and I am greatful for people like you!:tu:

Peace my Sister. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Sherapy said:

Yep, his feats are nothing special. I have an exceptionally vivid recollection of the very moment that the words on the page (reading The Pokey Little Puppy) started to make sense to me when I was about three years old.

The nurses in the hospital also told me that around that age I was also laughing at the jokes in Archie comics as they read them to me.

Kids are sponges for knowledge and information, but Walker just has a knack for making something relatively common seem like it's unique to him, and that he's somehow more advanced than others because of it. :lol:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, closed for business said:

When I was young I had flash cards to learn with and used them with my son as well.

I don't have much in the way of memories concerning how I learned to read, my parents told me I used to read the ounce numbers on my baby bottle while I was drinking from it but that's because I had my bottle a little longer than other kids I think. (might explain my affection for some things that come out of a bottle today too...).  I think Sesame Street was likely a big influence for me as well as other tv shows and record albums as far as reading.  I do remember in kindergarten the reading books, which were literally of the 'See Spot' variety, and being given something else to do while the class went over those reading lessons since I could already read them.  I wasn't alone in that though, it wasn't that special or something that earned a trumpeting about how brilliant I've always been in my own mind.

What I remember more vividly about kindergarten is on the first day immediately knowing who the prettiest girl in class was, I'm even more in the dark as to how I 'learned' that by the age of 5 and where that came from.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Liquid Gardens said:

I don't have much in the way of memories concerning how I learned to read, my parents told me I used to read the ounce numbers on my baby bottle while I was drinking from it but that's because I had my bottle a little longer than other kids I think. (might explain my affection for some things that come out of a bottle today too...).  I think Sesame Street was likely a big influence for me as well as other tv shows and record albums as far as reading.  I do remember in kindergarten the reading books, which were literally of the 'See Spot' variety, and being given something else to do while the class went over those reading lessons since I could already read them.  I wasn't alone in that though, it wasn't that special or something that earned a trumpeting about how brilliant I've always been in my own mind.

What I remember more vividly about kindergarten is on the first day immediately knowing who the prettiest girl in class was, I'm even more in the dark as to how I 'learned' that by the age of 5 and where that came from.

Hi Liquid Gardens

My mom was a teacher so we always had learning games and I have some great memories of my early years as they were full of fun adventure and at times pain but cookies and ice cream cured everything. I had favourite stories in the fairytale section of the encyclopedia and memorized them from mom reading them to me and following her finger on the words which is how I learned how to read. I was 5 when we got our first tv and there was no Sesame Street in those days bud did enjoy Spanky and the Gang, Red Rider, The Bowery Boys but there were no child oriented learning shows at that time in my life so not much influence through that medium.

I know what you mean by knowing who the pretties girls were too.:D

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2