Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Do aliens exist? We asked five experts

Still Waters

Speculation has been rife about the contents of an unclassified report set to be released later this month from the Pentagon’s Unidentified Aerial Phenomena (UAP) task force.

The document, expected to drop on June 25, will supposedly provide a comprehensive summary of what the US government knows about UAPs — or, to use the more popular term, UFOs.

While the report is not yet public, the New York Times recently published what it claimed was a preview of the findings, provided by unnamed senior officials who were privy to the report’s contents.

According to the Times’s sources, the report does not provide any clear link or association between more than 120 incidents of UFO sightings from the past two decades, and a possibility of Earth having been visited by aliens.

If the Times’s sources are to be believed, there’s clearly still no good reason to interpret an unexplained object in the sky as evidence of aliens. But does that mean aliens aren’t out there, somewhere else in the universe? And if they are, could we ever find them? Or might they be so different to us that “finding” them is impossible in any meaningful sense?

https://theconversation.com/do-aliens-exist-we-asked-five-experts-161811

• Like 2

Doesn't common sense make sophisticated aerial objects beyond current human technological abilities a very strong argument for the existence of aliens or some kind of other intelligent beings?

Just saying:sm

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Doesn't common sense make sophisticated aerial objects beyond current human technological abilities a very strong argument for the existence of aliens or some kind of other intelligent beings?

you're talking as if these things really are what you/ we've been told they are...

isn't it common sense to have it confirmed that these videos are actually of sophisticated aerial objects beyond current human technological abilities before concluding? 

Just saying;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

If there would be sophisticated aerial objects beyond current human technological abilities, of course. But we have no authentic records yet which show such objects.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

you're talking as if these things really are what you/ we've been told they are...

isn't it common sense to have it confirmed that these videos are actually of sophisticated aerial objects beyond current human technological abilities before concluding? 

Just saying;)

So the question then becomes whose 'confirmation' is acceptable and not acceptable? And then the next problem of ever 'confirming' non-reproducible phenomena comes in.

At some point as I said 'common sense' becomes my best guide.

4 minutes ago, toast said:

If there would be sophisticated aerial objects beyond current human technological abilities, of course. But we have no authentic records yet which show such objects.

As I just said to my friend Dejarma

So the question then becomes whose 'confirmation' is acceptable and not acceptable? And then the next problem of ever 'confirming' non-reproducible phenomena comes in.

Edited by papageorge1

Do aliens exist? Sure. Are they visiting use? Doubtful. I'm more apt to believe these ufo's are time travellers from our own future and visitors from another planet.

Though it's all speculation at this point.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

So the question then becomes whose 'confirmation' is acceptable and not acceptable?

yeah, good point, paps:tu:

but where's the 'common sense' you're referring to? what is 'common sense' in this context?

i take it you mean it's 'common sense' to believe the individuals with regards to sharp left/ right turns etc... no proof of this, yet- i predict there never will be. because it's probably not true- In My Opinion

Edited by Dejarma
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

yeah, good point, paps:tu:

but where's the 'common sense' you're referring to? what is 'common sense' in this context?

i take it you mean it's 'common sense' to believe the individuals with regards to sharp left/ right turns etc... no proof of this, yet- i predict there never will be. because it's probably not true- In My Opinion

My common sense looks at the cumulative weight of everything that suggests aliens from UAP’s to abductions to implants, to psychic sources to …….

99+% on a certain device I respect!

Edited by papageorge1

"Four out of five experts said aliens do exist"

Technically it was 5 out of 5, the fourth gave a good conditional "no"

5 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Common sense just means prejudice.

40 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

Common sense just means prejudice.

I take it to mean fair objective rational consideration. 

39 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

fair objective rational consideration of what, the data? what data? oh of course= a story.

so basically it boils down to whether you believe a story you are told or you don't-- rationally consider that;)

Just now, Dejarma said:

fair objective rational consideration of what, the data? what data? oh of course= a story.

so basically it boils down to whether you believe a story you are told or you don't-- rationally consider that;)

In 'common sense' a body of stories considered for quantity, quality and consistency can ultimately affect my view of reality.

3 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

In 'common sense' a body of stories considered for quantity, quality and consistency can ultimately affect my view of reality.

who decides the quality? the reader, yes?

7 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

It would if you knew about all the secret projects, their capabilities and what phase of testing they are in.  But since we don't know that, it is not common sense to think "unexplained = aliens from outer space"  

I have had my experiences but like Whitley Strieber, I would never say I have proof for myself of aliens from outer space.   I have proof for myself that there are unexplainable things in the universe, we don't have the full perspective of them and we are more than the sum of our physical parts. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

who decides the quality? the reader, yes?

We each do. Repeated experiences of many suggests more believability.  All 'common sense' analyses only holds sway over our jurisdiction of one person.

Edited by papageorge1

11 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

What's the connection between UFOs and space? 

Did you read the article?

If the Times’s sources are to be believed, there’s clearly still no good reason to interpret an unexplained object in the sky as evidence of aliens.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Still Waters said:

Speculation has been rife about the contents of an unclassified report set to be released later this month from the Pentagon’s Unidentified Aerial Phenomena (UAP) task force.

The document, expected to drop on June 25, will supposedly provide a comprehensive summary of what the US government knows about UAPs — or, to use the more popular term, UFOs.

While the report is not yet public, the New York Times recently published what it claimed was a preview of the findings, provided by unnamed senior officials who were privy to the report’s contents.

According to the Times’s sources, the report does not provide any clear link or association between more than 120 incidents of UFO sightings from the past two decades, and a possibility of Earth having been visited by aliens.

If the Times’s sources are to be believed, there’s clearly still no good reason to interpret an unexplained object in the sky as evidence of aliens. But does that mean aliens aren’t out there, somewhere else in the universe? And if they are, could we ever find them? Or might they be so different to us that “finding” them is impossible in any meaningful sense?

https://theconversation.com/do-aliens-exist-we-asked-five-experts-161811

My opinion on aliens is that there are three levels a species can exist at:

Animal Level - No, or very little ability to create structured societies (a civilization). No or very little ability to have control over their environment.

Man Level - Ability to create structures societies and have a moderate ability to control their environment.

God Level - No need for civilization, has complete control over its or their environment.

The assumptions about aliens existing, being widespread, and having system or multi-system or galactic civilizations slots them into the `Man` level. I think that is fundamentality flawed. I`m going to argue that higher than civilization is possible. A state where civilization is not needed, as a species or it members have complete control over their environments. They create reality and direct its flow.

In my opinion the `man` level will have the least number of examples as its a temporary in between state that depending on the IQ levels of its member lasts anywhere from a few centuries to tens of thousands of years. Therefore I think alien civilizations will be rare, and where we find them that most examples are also likely to be unpopulated now. Instead of find 1000 civilizations in our galaxy I predict we will most likely find 10 alien species at the `man` level across the entire universe.

I also predict that the `man` level is replaced by the `God` level not by a technological singularity or becoming highly advanced. But by learning about the nature of mind instead. 

Edited by Cookie Monster

7 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Then you are using neither common sense; nor, fair objective rational consideration.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, psyche101 said:

If the Times’s sources are to be believed, there’s clearly still no good reason to interpret an unexplained object in the sky as evidence of aliens.

Exactly. As to this date I have never seen or heard of a UFO entering from space and buzzing Joe Sixpack and his wife. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

My opinion on aliens is that there are three levels a species can exist at:

Animal Level - No, or very little ability to create structured societies (a civilization). No or very little ability to have control over their environment.

Man Level - Ability to create structures societies and have a moderate ability to control their environment.

God Level - No need for civilization, has complete control over its or their environment.

The assumptions about aliens existing, being widespread, and having system or multi-system or galactic civilizations slots them into the `Man` level. I think that is fundamentality flawed. I`m going to argue that higher than civilization is possible. A state where civilization is not needed, as a species or it members have complete control over their environments. They create reality and direct its flow.

In my opinion the `man` level will have the least number of examples as its a temporary in between state that depending on the IQ levels of its member lasts anywhere from a few centuries to tens of thousands of years. Therefore I think alien civilizations will be rare, and where we find them that most examples are also likely to be unpopulated now. Instead of find 1000 civilizations in our galaxy I predict we will most likely find 10 alien species at the `man` level across the entire universe.

I also predict that the `man` level is replaced by the `God` level not by a technological singularity or becoming highly advanced. But by learning about the nature of mind instead. 

I take for granted that there are microbes living on other planets and moons all over the Milkyway.

Animals like mamals and reptiles as well.

But I seriously doubt that we are having intelligent life traveling between the stars like in Star Trek and Star Wars in every galaxy out there.

I really hope that Im wrong though.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Hazzard said:

I take for granted that there are microbes living on other planets and moons all over the Milkyway.

Animals like mamals and reptiles as well.

But I seriously doubt that we are having intelligent life traveling between the stars like in Star Trek and Star Wars in every galaxy out there.

I really hope that Im wrong though.

We are intelligent enough, there has to be a good 10 million geniuses on the planet right now.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

In the same way lightning is a strong argument for Zeus.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, psyche101 said:

I was just giving MY OWN common sense.