Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Marjorie Taylor Greene introduces bill to abolish ATF and auction off confiscated firearms

Vorg

Marjorie Taylor Greene introduces bill to abolish ATF and auction off confiscated firearms (msn.com)

The legislation would rescind all ATF regulations put in place after Aug. 1, 2020, forbid the government body from hiring, and require top authorities to publicize an itemized list of all confiscated firearms and ammunition, which will then be auctioned to the public, according to a copy of the bill. The proposal would also transfer the bureau's regulatory power to the FBI.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

good idea, atf is is a useless drain of taxpayers dollars, and does nothing to reduce crimes, in fact they create it.  in any case most of what they do is hunt down liquor store owners, and grocery stores owners for tax stamps, they are nothing but irs enforcement division, disband them, auction off not only confiscated guns, but atf guns and vehicles as well

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Honestly, why do we even have so many created alphabet agencies?  There is no real reason we can't combine many of these groups.  I mean we have the ATF,DEA,FBI etc.

As for auctioning seized weapons- that is waste of time.  Those weapons have already been linked to crimes.  Should just destroy them.  

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, aztek said:

atf is is a useless drain of taxpayers dollars, and does nothing to reduce crimes,

A  Alcohol

T Tobacco 

F Firearms

The ATF agents are the Revenuers.  They only reduce crime if you are a bootlegger or a counterfeit cigarette dealer.   Maybe that is why MTG wants to get rid of them.

• Like 4

Seems like a pretty stupid idea, especially the part about selling off all the weapons to the public. The public has no good reason to own any of that stuff.

Edited by moonman
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, moonman said:

Seems like a pretty stupid idea, especially the part about selling off all the weapons to the public. The public has no good reason to own any of that stuff.

What's wrong with selling the guns to the public.  The vast majority of the guns are of types that are legal to own and police departments already auction off confiscated items, including guns, to the public.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, moonman said:

. The public has no good reason to own any of that stuff.

of course we do, but we do not insist on the auction, we'll use guns stores as usual,  let them melt it, so more is made, and more people have jobs, ammo too, we need more of it, it's been a shortage lately 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The thing is, all of this is coming back on the Democrats.

They want open borders and sanctuary cities to house illegals, who have not been vetted nor do we have any idea of whom many are or prior criminal histories etc... like a regular immigrant who has applied for, and been granted citizenship.

So now states, and even the elected in D.C are pushing back hard at gun control, with no permit concealed carry in Texas, abolishing the ATF, and a whole slew of other things.

The Democrats have bought this on themselves.

Edited by South Alabam
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, South Alabam said:

They want open borders and sanctuary cities to house illegals, who have not been vetted nor do we have any idea of whom many are or prior criminal histories etc... like a regular immigrant who has applied for, and been granted citizenship.

So now states, and even the elected in D.C are pushing back hard at gun control, with no permit concealed carry in Texas, abolishing the ATF, and a whole slew of other things.

Guns sales always go up and gun regulations always go down under Democrat presidencies.  Just look at the historical numbers.  The hysteria of possibly losing gun rights drives the sales through the roof and it never materializes.  This action by Marjorie Taylor Greene is a perfect example.  No one would ever introduce or do legislation like this with a Republican president.  They would have done so in the last four years if they truly cared.

The best thing for the gun industry is Democrats.  Numbers don't lie.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, South Alabam said:

Yeah... those mostly peaceful riots over the summer can be lied about by media but over a 4 month period, approximately 6 million more NEW firearms were sold and about 40% of those were sold to first time buyers.  OOOPS...

Marjorie Taylor Greene introduces bill to abolish ATF and auction off confiscated firearms

Now selling the firearms i can get behind, but abolishing the ATF is just plain old stupid. Ranks with the true believer "Defund the Police" people for stupid. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, South Alabam said:

Dude we don't want open borders. We just think the wall was a stupid idea and a comprehensive immigration plan should probably not include crimes against humanity.

11 hours ago, and then said:

Yeah... those mostly peaceful riots over the summer can be lied about by media but over a 4 month period, approximately 6 million more NEW firearms were sold and about 40% of those were sold to first time buyers.  OOOPS...

Something like 98 percent where peaceful. Fox just knew fear of black people drives viewers so they played up those that weren't 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Oh yeah this **** is gonna help the gun violence epidemic. Gun control ASAP. Other countries don't have Timmy getting geeked by an Incel in math class, time to admit its the guns that are the problem. Other nations also have nutcases.

40 minutes ago, Autochthon1990 said:

Oh yeah this **** is gonna help the gun violence epidemic. Gun control ASAP. Other countries don't have Timmy getting geeked by an Incel in math class, time to admit its the guns that are the problem. Other nations also have nutcases.

Something like 98% of guns are never used in a dangerous manner. Or is 98% not a significantly high number to prevent the 2% from being a actual real problem?

See BLM protesters discussion. Mostly peaceful isn't good enough when the 2% are burning down the town, and armed with melee weapons and shields.

Just saying....

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

A  Alcohol

T Tobacco 

F Firearms

The ATF agents are the Revenuers.  They only reduce crime if you are a bootlegger or a counterfeit cigarette dealer.   Maybe that is why MTG wants to get rid of them.

She figures if her hillbilly friends in NW Georgia decide to take up arms again, against U.S., we’ll have to invade her district.

Perhaps she hopes to provoke a genocide against Trump supporters.

5 hours ago, DieChecker said:

Now selling the firearms i can get behind, but abolishing the ATF is just plain old stupid. Ranks with the true believer "Defund the Police" people for stupid. 

Could just continue having them buy from legal stores and gun manufacturers to support American jobs.  I can see how selling a weapon that was used in a murder might have some collection value, but the ones with filed of numbers, or illegally smuggled into the country doesn't really help the industry.  It's not like the ATF is strapped for cash that they need to start selling things.  Perhaps if we cut funding (defund) the ATF this would be a viable action.  It's not like we have a gun shortage either.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Could just continue having them buy from legal stores and gun manufacturers to support American jobs.  I can see how selling a weapon that was used in a murder might have some collection value, but the ones with filed of numbers, or illegally smuggled into the country doesn't really help the industry.  It's not like the ATF is strapped for cash that they need to start selling things.  Perhaps if we cut funding (defund) the ATF this would be a viable action.  It's not like we have a gun shortage either.

Yeah, the ones that are damaged should be destroyed.

I'm just not a hoarder. If I buy another hammer, the first one better be broken, or given away. Or, sold.

18 hours ago, DieChecker said:

Something like 98% of guns are never used in a dangerous manner. Or is 98% not a significantly high number to prevent the 2% from being a actual real problem?

So in your logic the 2%, which are about 80k units, could be used in a dangerous way. I don't think this value is reassuring in any way.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, toast said:

So in your logic the 2%, which are about 80k units, could be used in a dangerous way. I don't think this value is reassuring in any way.

Well a fair percentage is used by the police and security personnel. Does that help? :D

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, DieChecker said:

Well a fair percentage is used by the police and security personnel. Does that help? :D

Not when they tend to be the ones killing people more often then most find acceptable. 

• Confused 1

On 6/18/2021 at 6:59 AM, Gromdor said:

That point can be made about the guns, but with an ammo shortage, I think selling it would be a good move.

3 minutes ago, Myles said:

That point can be made about the guns, but with an ammo shortage, I think selling it would be a good move.

Why?  The are a government agency.  Congress can just allocate more money to them if they are facing financial issues- but they aren't.

Or are you talking about selling the ammo that the ATF has?  In which case, why again?  People are just buying and stockpiling ammo.  They aren't even shooting it.   It's not like we have a zombie epidemic and the ammo is needed to shoot them or anything.  Let capitalism and supply and demand sort that out.  Getting the government to compete with private industry isn't very capitalistic.

Back during Obama, I knew people that invested in ARs.  Ever consider that people might be buying up ammunition as an investment as well?  Having the government come in and unloading on the market would just crush the value of their investments.  Every time a Democrat is elected president the demand and prices go up.  People that watch this trend and put their money there would be hurt by this government intervention.  

• Like 1

On 6/19/2021 at 4:51 PM, Gromdor said:

Why?  The are a government agency.  Congress can just allocate more money to them if they are facing financial issues- but they aren't.

Or are you talking about selling the ammo that the ATF has?  In which case, why again?  People are just buying and stockpiling ammo.  They aren't even shooting it.   It's not like we have a zombie epidemic and the ammo is needed to shoot them or anything.  Let capitalism and supply and demand sort that out.  Getting the government to compete with private industry isn't very capitalistic.

Back during Obama, I knew people that invested in ARs.  Ever consider that people might be buying up ammunition as an investment as well?  Having the government come in and unloading on the market would just crush the value of their investments.  Every time a Democrat is elected president the demand and prices go up.  People that watch this trend and put their money there would be hurt by this government intervention.  

I disagree .  I have been shooting less because ammo is expensive and hard to get.

7 hours ago, Myles said:

I disagree .  I have been shooting less because ammo is expensive and hard to get.

I know some people that will sell you some.  They stockpiled and would be more than happy to sell (above their purchasing price of course).  I'm not sure if they can mail it though.  Ironically it's the same guys that bought ARs back in the Obama days (they never sold them during the price spike and ended up keeping them).  They are weird.  They buy old expired army surplus to shoot even though they misfire more and need more cleaning and hoard the good stuff.

• Like 1