Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
South Alabam

A Florida Republican reportedly compared his political rival to a 'f---ing speed bump'

South Alabam

William Braddock, a Republican running for Florida's 13th Congressional District, attacked one of his rivals, Anna Paulina Luna, in a phone call with a conservative activist recorded last Wednesday, per Politico.

"I really don't want to have to end anybody's life for the good of the people of the United States of America," Braddock said during the phone call. "That will break my heart. But if it needs to be done, it needs to be done. Luna is a f---ing speed bump in the road. She's a dead squirrel you run over every day when you leave the neighborhood."

A Florida Republican reportedly compared his political rival to a 'f---ing speed bump' and threatened to send a hit squad to make her 'disappear' (msn.com)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Buzz_Light_Year
Posted (edited)

Braddock did not identify himself in the recording when asked by Politico and suggested that it "may even be altered and edited." Olszewski denied editing the recording to Politico.

The Florida Security of Communications Act makes it a crime to intentionally intercept a person’s electronic communications, including a telephone call, without the prior consent of all parties to the communication. These crimes are often called illegal wiretapping or eavesdropping.

Florida Statute Section 934.03 permits a private cause of action providing for a minimum of $1,000 in liquidated civil damages for an interception of a communication in violation of the Act.

In addition to the civil penalties, if you secretly record a phone call or another type of communication in violation of the statute, then you can be charged with a third-degree felony, punishable by up to five (5) years in Florida State Prison.

https://criminaldefenseattorneytampa.com/white-collar-crime/intercepts-of-communication/

Edited by Buzz_Light_Year
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

and then

IF it was him, his voice can be matched and he should be investigated at a minimum.  OTOH, if it wasn't him, she needs to be investigated and prosecuted.  In fact, even if it was him, she needs to be held to the law as well.

• Like 1

Sir Wearer of Hats

What sort of sociopath repeatedly drives over dead animals?

• Haha 3

and then
15 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

What sort of sociopath repeatedly drives over dead animals?

Sometimes it can't be avoided.  My wife was a Veterinarian before going back to medical school and becoming a Pathologist.  She is nearly obsessive about caring for animals and she used to get angry at me when a bird flew past our vehicle and got hit.  I know that sounds weird but for a while there it was like any bird in my vicinity waited to commit suicide by diving into my car.  It was weird...

• Haha 1

aztek
Posted (edited)

once in my entire life i had a bird fly into my car,  right in the center of a grill, i was driving around 50.  poor pigeon idk why it decided to dive right into my car, 

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

Gromdor

So a squad of hitmen from Russia and Ukraine?  

and then
12 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

So a squad of hitmen from Russia and Ukraine?  

It's probably the only marketable commodity they have other than oil and gas.  As for the guy who made the call, he sounds like a maniac.  Again... IF he actually said what they claim.  I don't believe anything coming from news media any longer and that includes FOX.

Gromdor

Sometimes I think the Republicans need to sit down with each other, hold hands, and sing songs like the Democrats do.  In theory those two should have a shared platform and be working towards a near identical goal.  There shouldn't be the hiring of hitmen or leaking of calls going on.