Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Getting things straight in the linear family cluster

ant0n

This is a true and moving story.
My linear paternal grandfather and his wife (*), i.e. my linear paternal grandmother, were celebrating 50 Gaean years together. Their three linear kids, all very successful, all agreed to a Sunday dinner in their honor.
"Happy Anniversary Mom & Dad" gushed linear son number one, a surgeon, "Sorry I'm running late. I had an emergency at the hospital with a patient, you know how it is, and didn't have time to get you a gift."
"Not to worry" said the father, the important thing is that we're all together today."
Linear son number two, a lawyer, arrived and announced "You and Mom look great, Dad. I just flew in from Los Angeles between depositions and didn't have time to shop for you.”
"It's nothing," said the father. "We're glad you were able to come."
Just then the linear daughter, a marketing executive, arrived.
"Hello and Happy Anniversary! I'm sorry but my boss is sending me out of town and I was really busy packing, so I didn't have time to get you anything."
After they finished dessert, the father said, "There's something your linear mother and I have wanted to tell you for a long time. You see, we were very poor. Despite that, we were able to send each of you to college. Throughout the years your mother and I loved each other very much, but we just never found the time to get married."
The three children gasped and all said, "You mean we're bast**ds???"
"Yep," says the father, "And cheap ones too!”
(*) non-linear wife
Oh
My
Gods!
Edited by ant0n
  • Like 1