Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Texas man who declined COVID-19 vaccine speaks out after undergoing double lung transplant

Still Waters

Joshua Garza had a chance to get vaccinated against COVID-19 in January but he passed it up, thinking he didn't really need it.

Now, the 43-year-old Texan is hoping to inspire others to get the shot after he became so ill following his COVID-19 diagnosis that he needed a rare double lung transplant to survive.

"COVID ended up attacking my lungs," Garza, of Sugarland, told ABC News.

After testing positive for COVID-19 in late January, Garza's health deteriorated rapidly. On Feb. 2, when he ended up falling while trying to walk, his wife called for an ambulance to take him to the hospital. He was ultimately transferred to Houston Methodist, where he was put on an extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO) machine to pump and oxygenate his blood for him.

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/texas-man-declined-covid-19-vaccine-speaks-undergoing/story?

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

"If I knew what I know now," he said, "I would have definitely went through with the vaccination."

I wonder why he refused it in the first place? I know people who are very keen to get invited for vaccination. Perhaps it was the cost?

11 minutes ago, ted hughes said:

"If I knew what I know now," he said, "I would have definitely went through with the vaccination."

I wonder why he refused it in the first place? I know people who are very keen to get invited for vaccination. Perhaps it was the cost?

Under the video it says:

Joshua Garza, 43, said he passed up opportunities to get vaccinated thinking he did not really need it.

It sounds like he was offered more than once.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ted hughes said:

Perhaps he had heard the talk about how the virus symptoms are often quite mild...Which is true.  He probably ignored the fact that it can also kill anyone...or ,as in his case, result in a double lung transplant.

As for cost?  I think it's free nearly everywhere?  We got our J&J free..in California in March.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ted hughes said:

And why the hell is someone who brought it on themselves that high on the transplant list?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I wonder if he also heard of the Conspiracy Theories concerning the shot. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Scholar4Truth said:

I wonder if he also heard of the Conspiracy Theories concerning the shot. 

Seriously?  Who can tell the difference any longer between truth and lies when it comes to information obtained online?  There are dozens of sources that claim to prove and disprove "facts" about the virus and the vaccines.  If I decide to take it, it will be late this year or early next year and I can assure the gore crows here that if I get sick and am at death's door, I won't be jumping line for transplants.  In fact, I already have a "living will" stating I want NO ventilators, only simple O2 by canula and to be medicated so I don't realize I'm suffocating...

• Like 2

On 6/19/2021 at 8:21 PM, and then said:

Seriously?  Who can tell the difference any longer between truth and lies when it comes to information obtained online?  There are dozens of sources that claim to prove and disprove "facts" about the virus and the vaccines.  If I decide to take it, it will be late this year or early next year and I can assure the gore crows here that if I get sick and am at death's door, I won't be jumping line for transplants.  In fact, I already have a "living will" stating I want NO ventilators, only simple O2 by canula and to be medicated so I don't realize I'm suffocating...

If it came from Fauci and medical experts as reported by credible media sources like the AP and CNN: true

If it came from a fat orange fecal conglomeration, Alex Jones, or anybody in the republican party: horse**** 

Its not hard.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Autochthon1990 said:

If it came from Fauci and medical experts as reported by credible media sources like the AP and CNN: true

If it came from a fat orange fecal conglomeration, Alex Jones, or anybody in the republican party: horse**** 

Its not hard.

Its hilarious what you are so out of touch. 

CNN is the truth? I guess you havent heard if project veritas and what they have exposed regarding CNN "news" stories.

Also Fauci? He was running interference for the lab leak. He is your source of truth? The man who has literally had every opinion in the last 18 months? 

Have fun in your fantasy land.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hugh Mungus said:

project veritas

lol. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Veritas

Project Veritas is an American far-right[37] activist group founded by James O'Keefe in 2010.[41] The group produces deceptively edited videos[24] of its undercover operations,[16] which use secret recordings[17] in an effort to discredit mainstream media organizations and progressive groups.[49][50] Project Veritas also uses entrapment[23] to generate bad publicity for its targets,[2] and has propagated disinformation[14] and conspiracy theories[57] in its videos and operations.

Purpose

Disinformation[14]

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, Helen of Annoy said:

lol. 

He posts VIDEOS of these people telling about the corruption IN THEIR OWN WORDS.  You'll have to try harder than "lol" to get past that, at least with anyone with credibility.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, and then said:

He posts VIDEOS of these people telling about the corruption IN THEIR OWN WORDS.  You'll have to try harder than "lol" to get past that, at least with anyone with credibility.

It's clear that these people aren't interested in knowing the truth. Seeing the CNN technical director saying on camera that they made up so many stories, the fact that he called his work "propaganda" for the purpose of removing Trump, it's so obvious that the likes of Helen have not and will not view the footage. 

It's a case of attack the messenger and never the message. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Hugh Mungus said:

Its hilarious what you are so out of touch. 

CNN is the truth? I guess you havent heard if project veritas and what they have exposed regarding CNN "news" stories.

Also Fauci? He was running interference for the lab leak. He is your source of truth? The man who has literally had every opinion in the last 18 months? 

Have fun in your fantasy land.

Oh I've heard of Veritas, did you know Okeefe got busted for violating federal law?

O’Keefe gained national attention for his selectively edited video recordings of workers at Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (ACORN) offices in 2009, his arrest and guilty plea in 2010 for entering the federal office of then-U.S. Senator Mary Landrieu (D-LA) under false pretenses, and the release of misleading videos of conversations with two high-ranking, now former, NPR executives in 2011.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, and then said:

People like you constantly fawning over the orangutan POTUS? 

That's a pretty liberal definition of credibility. I don't think it would meet the Dictionary definition.

This guy saw the vaccine as you appear to going by your posts. Near killed him. As such I'd consider your advices pretty darn bad. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, and then said:

posts IDEaS IN OWN WORDS.  You'll have to try harder than "lol" to get past credibility.

See? That's what your "veritas" is doing, basically. I quoted you, didn't I?  

While that "evil" "mainstream" media is mostly giving you the actual information so you can decide upon it on your own. 

Various propaganda operations that are aiming at making you believe "mainstream" news are lying to you are the classic cult technique: they're isolating you from objective information, tying you to the cult narrative. 

Everyone's lying, right? Except Trump and trumpers. And when mainstream media and everyone sane around you says the guy is pathological liar, you "know" these are, in fact, lies. Meant to tarnish the smartest, most athletic, successful businessman with full head of hair. (It's not a problem that he's obese and bald, I'm just trying to make you pay some attention to the difference between easily perceivable reality and Trump's claims.)

And that's why the world is laughing at the phenomenon of Trumpism - it's based in nothing but agitprop, so childish and flimsy you'd say no one will fall for it. And yet, here you are. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

On 6/20/2021 at 4:21 AM, and then said:

Who can tell the difference any longer between truth and lies when it comes to information obtained online? 

I can.

There are dozens of sources that claim to prove and disprove "facts" about the virus and the vaccines. 

Authentic scientific sources are available on the web. Even clinical trial data and assessments of dozens of C19 studies are published online. People who only stick to the yellow press and other lousy sources like FoxNews remain confused. Their problem but not a general problem.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, toast said:

I can.

Authentic scientific sources are available on the web. Even clinical trial data and assessments of dozens of C19 studies are published online. People who only stick to the yellow press and other lousy sources like FoxNews remain confused. Their problem but not a general problem.

Yeah and one of them is VAERS. You can download the datasets and make your own determination.

As of June 11th 346,978 cases of adverse reaction to vaccines (all) have resulted in 4,825 deaths. That is from the VARSDATA set which is a .csv file that can be downloaded and examined. As a matter of size the file has grown from 41.25 MB in 2020 to 230.40 MB in 2021 and it's just June. It shouldn't be hard to ascertain why there is an uptick in reported cases. Case in point for the entire year of 2020 only 166 people died from vaccines.

Another one I looked at was the VAERS Vaccine in which out of 358,217 total, 354,451 were Covid19 vaccines.

This is just in the U.S. VAERS is sponsered by the CDC, FDA and HHS. They have a disclaimer that reads.

Disclaimer: Please note that VAERS staff follow-up on all serious and other selected adverse event reports to obtain additional medical, laboratory, and/or autopsy records to help understand the concern raised. However, in general coding terms in VAERS do not change based on the information received during the follow-up process. VAERS data should be used with caution as numbers and conditions do not reflect data collected during follow-up. Note that the inclusion of events in VAERS data does not infer causality.

https://vaers.hhs.gov/data/datasets.html?

Reported symptoms can be anywhere from a red spot at the injection site, to numbness and all the way to death.

This site is where the so called conspiracy theorist are probably getting their information and in most cases I've read they reference the VAERS site.

Does CNN and the rest of the garbage news offer this kind of documented information. NO! but Tucker seems to have.

The data is there so feel free to peruse it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

Yeah and one of them is VAERS. You can download the datasets and make your own determination.

As of June 11th 346,978 cases of adverse reaction to vaccines (all) have resulted in 4,825 deaths. That is from the VARSDATA set which is a .csv file that can be downloaded and examined. As a matter of size the file has grown from 41.25 MB in 2020 to 230.40 MB in 2021 and it's just June. It shouldn't be hard to ascertain why there is an uptick in reported cases. Case in point for the entire year of 2020 only 166 people died from vaccines.

How many vaccines were administered in 2020 compared to how many in 2021?

If which types?

To whom?

This is why amateurs shouldn't play with statistics.

Edited by Setton
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Setton said:

If which types?

To whom?

:rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

:rolleyes:

Aw.

And I really expected you'd have all that information to hand given the conclusions you made.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Setton said:

Aw.

And I really expected you'd have all that information to hand given the conclusions you made.

You got the only answer you deserved.

3 hours ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

You got the only answer you deserved.

And no doubt the only one you're capable of.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Setton said:

If which types?

To whom?

Do you have any answers to your own questions? Or because you too are an amateur you wont quote statistics? Fair play old boy

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hugh Mungus said:

Do you have any answers to your own questions? Or because you too are an amateur you wont quote statistics? Fair play old boy

No, I don't. That would make them redundant.

I haven't made any conclusions from the partial data presented. My questions are to highlight the flaws in his analysis.

Obviously, if I did make any conclusions, I would have the data to support it. Not everyone is an amateur.

• Thanks 2

• The topic was locked