Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

FBI questions alleged insurrectionist about potential connection to members of Congress

Grim Reaper 6

On 6/20/2021 at 7:54 AM, South Alabam said:

Without proof, Trump still keeps claiming the election was "rigged" and "stolen."  He is the one constantly promoting it.

When people rise up against the Government, based on these claims, Trump (.......)should be charged as well.

He is irresponsible for saying it, but we have laws.  Can you name which law he is violating by claiming the election was stolen?  I'm not a fan of trump but I am a bit of a fan of law and this point is significant in this discussion.

3 hours ago, OverSword said:

People that support the 6th amendment right to a quick and speedy trial is not the same as supporting the actions of those on January 6th.  It's been over half a year, if they are going to charge them then get on with it.

The 6th amendment right to a speedy trial only applies once charges have been bought.

They can be charged at anytime, right up until the expiry of the Statue of Limitations for each individual act, if such limitations exist.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tiggs said:

The 6th amendment right to a speedy trial only applies once charges have been bought.

They can be charged at anytime, right up until the expiry of the Statue of Limitations for each individual act, if such limitations exist.

That's fine, but nobody should be held for 6 months without charges, don't you agree with that?

Just now, OverSword said:

That's fine, but nobody should be held for 6 months without charges, don't you agree with that?

Who do you believe has been held for 6 months without indictment?

2 minutes ago, Tiggs said:

Who do you believe has been held for 6 months without indictment?

Just going by what was previously posted and not disputed in this thread.  You can find that post and ask the poster if you'd like.

15 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Just going by what was previously posted and not disputed in this thread.  You can find that post and ask the poster if you'd like.

Can't see anyone else who's made that claim in this thread.

If you're referring to this:

On 6/20/2021 at 4:45 AM, and then said:

IF the Feds charge insurrection then they have a very clear definition of it that has to stand up in courts and they OBVIOUSLY realize they can't make that case.  It's been 5 full months and some of those vandals and trespassers have been locked up that entire time.  FIVE months for the entire weight and power of the Federal government to be used to make a case for insurrection and STILL... NOT ONE has been charged with it. 

then he's implying that they've been charged with other criminal offences. Clue's in the phrase "vandals and trespassers".

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tiggs said:

Can't see anyone else who's made that claim in this thread.

If you're referring to this:

then he's implying that they've been charged with other criminal offences. Clue's in the phrase "vandals and trespassers".

LOL!!!  Since when do people charged with vandalism or trespassing get locked up for half a year without going to trial?  In this case those are mainly going to be fines. 

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tiggs said:

Right, but holding someone more than 24 hours without charges is called false imprisonment. They can’t just hold you till they can think of something to charge you with. 

These are political prisoners being held illegally. This is nothing short of third world dictatorship crap. 

On 6/20/2021 at 6:29 AM, preacherman76 said:

I personally think this is void of reality. The president didn’t say anything that wasn’t #1 the truth, and #2 as peaceful as he could have put it. 

It seems that 44 times in the past,  elections were handled and power was peacefully transferred.  When there was contention as there was, remember Bush v Gore, it got settled by the courts and  election authorities,

Election protests in 2020 resulted in multiple recounts and audits and court filings. That should have been enough to settle it for the 2020 election.

That seemed to be enough to handle disputes in the past.

What former president Trump said has not been substantiated, so #1 is opinion not truth.

As for #2 he could have kept his mouth shut and not called Pence a coward or encouraged people to stop due process. He could have used they system as Republicans have time and time again proven themselves highly capable of doing.

Instead he wanted to step outside the bounds of the Constitution and the machinery set up by the founding fathers to get his way. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, OverSword said:

LOL!!!  Since when do people charged with vandalism or trespassing get locked up for half a year without going to trial?

I said that he was implying they've been charged with criminal offences.

Not that it was a realistic attempt to list the nature of the offences those who are in jail had been charged with.

The majority of people charged with offenses at that event aren't in jail, pre-trial.

At least 70% of people charged in the Capitol riot have been released as they wait for trial, according to a Guardian analysis.

That high pre-trial release rate stands in stark contrast with the usual detention rates in the federal system, where only 25% of defendants nationwide are typically released before their trial.

Source: The Guardian

Recent set of all charges, here: https://www.insider.com/all-the-us-capitol-pro-trump-riot-arrests-charges-names-2021-1

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Right, but holding someone more than 24 hours without charges is called false imprisonment. They can’t just hold you till they can think of something to charge you with. 

So name some names. Who do you believe has been held for any unreasonable period of time without charges?

1 minute ago, Tiggs said:

So name some names. Who do you believe has been held for any period of time without charges?

I’ve only heard what everyone is saying. From what I understand a large group of people have been held under a charge that normally wouldn’t land any of them a single day in jail. 

Strangely enough your question only proves the point even further. Normally names of people who have been arrested and are awaiting trial is public information. Yet there is none. They don’t deny they have these people. They just won’t say anything about them. No information on their next court dates or what specifically they have been charged with. That goes against every legal norm. Considering how much rhetoric has been placed on these people, no way should anyone trust they are following the law. These matters must be transparent. Without transparency, like I said this is third world dictator crap. It’s an outrage. 

11 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Strangely enough your question only proves the point even further. Normally names of people who have been arrested and are awaiting trial is public information. Yet there is none. They don’t deny they have these people.

Which people don't they deny having?

Where are the right-wing press reports? Where are the families of these people?

Where is the evidence they exist, at all?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

It seems that 44 times in the past,  elections were handled and power was peacefully transferred.  When there was contention as there was, remember Bush v Gore, it got settled by the courts and  election authorities,

Election protests in 2020 resulted in multiple recounts and audits and court filings. That should have been enough to settle it for the 2020 election.

That seemed to be enough to handle disputes in the past.

What former president Trump said has not been substantiated, so #1 is opinion not truth.

There wasn’t anything normal about what happened in those swing states. And at least Gore got his day in court with FAR less people willing to testify. Not only did we not get our day in court, this very thread could be closed just for speaking about it. And that’s the same all across the major platforms. We expressed concern over insane irregularities, and have been told to sit down and shut up ever since. Don’t even dare speak of it. In America no less. 

The audit process, as I suspect these new actual audits will reveal, is that they were run by the same people who stole the election to begin with. 

12 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

As for #2 he could have kept his mouth shut and not called Pence a coward or encouraged people to stop due process. He could have used they system as Republicans have time and time again proven themselves highly capable of doing.

Instead he wanted to step outside the bounds of the Constitution and the machinery set up by the founding fathers to get his way. 

You are right, he shouldn’t have called Pence a coward. He should have called him a Benedict Arnold. It isn’t constitutional to just ram through a process when the process has clearly been tainted. There is a reason several billionaires refuse to let people speak about it. 

1 minute ago, Tiggs said:

Which people don't they deny having?

Where are the right-wing press reports? Where are the families of these people?

Where is the evidence they exist, at all?

Is that your theory? That no one has even been arrested? It is publicly known the extent the FBI went to find these people, which was also constitutionally questionable at best. 

Just now, preacherman76 said:

It is publicly known the extent the FBI went to find these people

Again -- which people?

15 minutes ago, Tiggs said:

Again -- which people?

Seriously?

6 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Seriously?

You can either name one of them, or you can't.

And right now, you haven't be able to, after repeated requests asking you to do so.

If you want me to believe that someone's being held without charge -- then you're going to have to name them for me.

Because standing outside the DOJ, holding a sign saying "Free _ _" isn't super effective.

Just now, Tiggs said:

You can either name one of them, or you can't.

And right now, you haven't be able to, after repeated requests asking you to do so.

If you want me to believe that someone's being held without charge -- then you're going to have to name them for me.

Because standing outside the DOJ, holding a sign saying "Free _ _" isn't super effective.

Ok so it’s your stance that as of today, no one has ever been arrested and is being held by the government for the events of January 3rd. And yep, I can’t name any of them, so you win the day. 

I suspect sooner or later we will know what everyone else but you seems to know though. See ya then. 

1 minute ago, preacherman76 said:

Ok so it’s your stance that as of today, no one has ever been arrested and is being held by the government for the events of January 3rd. And yep, I can’t name any of them, so you win the day. 

Jan 6th. And I literally dropped a list linking to all 521 of them who've been charged, in the post immediately before first asking you to name some names.

My stance is that you believe there are people being held by the government without charge, but you can't name them.

And I can't help you, unless you can.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tiggs said:

Jan 6th. And I literally dropped a list linking to all 521 of them who've been charged, in the post immediately before first asking you to name some names.

My stance is that you believe there are people being held by the government without charge, but you can't name them.

And I can't help you, unless you can.

No I didn’t say anyone was held without charges. I said they have spent time in jail for charges that wouldn’t normally land them a day in jail. 

3 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

No I didn’t say anyone was held without charges. I said they have spent time in jail for charges that wouldn’t normally land them a day in jail. 

In which case -- the Judges adjudicating those charges appear to think otherwise.

6 hours ago, OverSword said:

People that support the 6th amendment right to a quick and speedy trial is not the same as supporting the actions of those on January 6th.  It's been over half a year, if they are going to charge them then get on with it.  It really should have happened in the first month.   I know that the authoritarian leanings of you and others here don't like to hear about the constitution and the rights American citizens have but they are real and being violated.

It truth you need all the facts before charges can be made. Honestly show me where in the Constitution their right have violated.

Just now, Manwon Lender said:

It truth you need all the facts before charges can be made. Honestly show me where in the Constitution their right have violated.

If people have been held for 5 months as is alleged earlier in this thread.

• Like 2