Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Afghanistan's air force is a rare U.S.-backed success story. It may soon fail.

Grim Reaper 6

Since May 1, the original deadline for the U.S. withdrawal, the Taliban military has overpowered government troops to take at least 23 districts to date, according to local media. That advance has further denied Afghan security forces the use of roads, meaning all logistical support to the thousands of army and police outposts and checkpoints — including resupplies of ammunition and food, medical evacuations or personnel rotation — must be done by air. The result is an operational tempo the pilots can’t sustain; their aircraft routinely exceeds the maximum number of hours they’re allowed to fly.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/afghanistans-air-force-is-a-rare-us-backed-success-story-it-may-soon-fail/ar-AALc50W

I'm fairly certain that the Taliban will retake Afghanistan once we complete our withdrawal.  I feel bad for Tillman and the rest that sacrificed for nothing and for the Afghans that died and will die in the near future.  

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Gromdor said:

I'm fairly certain that the Taliban will retake Afghanistan once we complete our withdrawal.  I feel bad for Tillman and the rest that sacrificed for nothing and for the Afghans that died and will die in the near future.  

I agree, there is little chance that Islamic militants will not take over the country again. Those people have been fighting themselves and intruders for 1000 years, and unfortunately do to the way the Koran has been corrupted nothing will ever change. The American loss of life has been terrible, along with the civilian loss of life, but we have to face the facts. We should have went in 2002 finished the mission, destroyed terrorists and their camps and left. Hopefully, future American Administrations don't make the same mistakes, and maybe the past will not repeat itself. :(

• Like 1