Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Restored 1899 footage is like a time machine

UM-Bot

59 minutes ago, UM-Bot said:

Incredible film footage that's over 120 years old shows holidaymakers enjoying the seaside in France.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/348039/restored-1899-footage-is-like-a-time-machine

That was a wonderful look backward in time, and the images were very clear and well defined. It truly was an  amazing piece thanks very much for sharing I really enjoyed it. 

Wow!:tu:

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 2

The year my grandfather was born! Amazing footage. The correction to speed of film really brings these people to life. Love it.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Susanc241 said:

The year my grandfather was born! Amazing footage. The correction to speed of film really brings these people to life. Love it.

It was truly great, how we have the ability today to bring back antique film footage like this. It truly is like entering a time machine to viewing the past as it happened. :tu:

I've been watching these restored videos on YouTube for awhile now, and they are truly, mesmerizing.

What a fantastic piece of work.  Makes me sad though, to think that everyone that’s in that film is no longer around.

It reminds me of how much more prideful people were in their clothing and appearance back then. I bet if they were teleported to today they would think how sloppy, lazy and uncaring we are in our appearance. I was watching even the 1968 World Series on YouTube and it seemed suits were the norm for men in the seats. How fast human society changes.

Edited by papageorge1

The beach dress code was quite strange back then.

That was fascinating. Even to imagine they had no idea how much the world would change in the next 100 years.