Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Silent Hill News and Info Topic

BurnSide

It opened in Germany on Thursday, that was the earliest opening, as far as i'm aware.

Shake, don't worry about Spoilers, start a new topic called Silent Hill: Review Topic and have the subheader warn of spoilers, so we can discuss it in detail once we've seen it. I myself wont check the topic until tomorrow.

I'm excited about the prospect of a sequel because like SH2, it could be just about anything. I would hope for an entirely new Silent Hill adventure that ties in somewhat to the plot of the first game but certainly has nothing to do with any of the other SH games.

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BurnSide

• seeking

• Tillghast

• Shakezulah

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^that what i would like to see too, the whole backstory of silent hill is great, it doesnt have to be a direct adaption of one of the video games, the possibilities are endless...i love that concept

A few of my friends are starting to give me their reviews.

The general feeling from the majority, of what i've heard, is that Silent Hill is well made, well cast, with some delightful moments of gore and scares, that leaves you a little dissapointed.

The characters are a little thin, the plot is so idiot-proof it's silly and it's constantly shoved in your face giving no room for individual interpretation or ignorance, and the dialogue is at times on par with Star Wars Episode Three.

:hmm:

A few of my friends are starting to give me their reviews.

The general feeling from the majority, of what i've heard, is that Silent Hill is well made, well cast, with some delightful moments of gore and scares, that leaves you a little dissapointed.

The characters are a little thin, the plot is so idiot-proof it's silly and it's constantly shoved in your face giving no room for individual interpretation or ignorance, and the dialogue is at times on par with Star Wars Episode Three.

:hmm:

so whats the star rating out of 10? in your opinion/ your friends opinions?

I haven't seen it. They didn't give an out of 10 answer. They liked it overall, but in general thought some things should have been done better.

I just got back from seeing it, I'd say it was 8.5/10.

I'm too tired to write a full review at the moment; but I think BurnSide summed it up well.

I actually spotted a few things which appeared to be subliminal messages; I'd be interested to see if they talk about that in a 'Making of...'.

Edited by Raptor X7

I'll go ahead and start a spoiler discussion, since no one else has. :tu:

*squeals*

I just saw the header for it up in the header of UM

*boogeys* I want it to come out here!