Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Silent Hill News and Info Topic

BurnSide

lol, Exactly. Resident Evil is gun-hu and over the top, which is why I prefer Silent Hill. For one, its a lot more realistic. In resident evil you find rocket launchers in peoples houses. I'm not saying its a bad game, I just expected more from the movie.

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BurnSide

• seeking

• Tillghast

• Shakezulah

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You never find a Rocket Launcher in anyones house.

Twas an example. You find a rocket launcher somewhere anyway.

I only played 1 2 and 3. I liked 2 the best.

I prefer 3 out of those.

And you only find a rocket launcher in one of them, in the other 2 games they're given to you. You find one in 3, in a special disposal of BOW weapons locker, in a military BOW testing facility disgusted as a factory. tongue.gif

Anyway, let's get back to the topic at hand, there is a thread for discussing Resident Evil.

I do agree with you that it's some things like the lack of powerful weaponry and the like that differenciates SH from RE.

lol. You can imagine walking around the set, picking up random objects and claiming they'll be useful to you later in your quest.

One of the roadies will be tuneing his portable televison, and you'll grab it, point at the static screen and say 'Monsters be near, says I!'

501893[/snapback]

Now THATS something Iwould watch... I just hope that this movie doesnt turn out to be a cheap remake of the game, because the game was reallly good and I wouldnt want to see another lousy remake of something.

Yeah it does. I like it that way. Changed just enough that it's new, but not enough to make it so we're not entirely familiar with the story.

Plus, 1 was the scariest anyway, and seeing it come to life would be amazing.

I like the idea of a woman being in the leading role.

Me too. I hope she's nothing like Heather though. I hated SH3.

Silent Hill's best moment was the bit with Lisa when she died, and possibly the final Dr. Kaufmann sequence in the ending. Both of those really added to the series mythology.

Agreed.

I'm sure she will be better than Heather, because Heather was a normal 17yr old kid, a brat in some aspects. This SH will feature a mature adult woman, probably the same personality as Harry.

James was definatley a unique character!

What ever happened to the silent hill thread? Thats where we should be discussing this!

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/index.php...mplate=newsfull

Bloody-Disgusting reports that the film based on the popular and absolutely terrifying videogame franchise 'Silent Hill' directed by Christophe Gans, will be shot in a derelict-looking part of southern Ontario, Canada.

I live in southern Ontario! haha.

The city,  Brantford, will be transformed into Silent Hill for the shooting and making of the movie, due it it's derelict-like appearance and quite backstreets.

The movie will be called 'Silent Hill: Centralia' it seems.

Centralia’s storyline is a “hodge podge” of the plots from Silent Hill I and II. It centres on a woman who, desperate to save her dying child, takes the girl to a faith healer in the town of Silent Hill. There, the mother “finds herself trapped in an alternate reality as she searches for her daughter in a dangerous world of demons.”

501596[/snapback]

Sounds awesome, thanks for the info. I do wnder why everything seems to be made in Canada of late, like the new George Romero movie - Land of the Dead - is it because filming costs are cheaper or something???

Hoagy alien.gif

oh i cant wait for this movie to be released, i loved the silent hill games

The suspense is what kills me. I hate the suspense, cuz you sense something is coming but your not sure at what moment. And your by yourself which makes it even worser. But all in all the suspense is what makes a good horror film. I'm sure this movie is gonna make me p*** my pants in the theatres. grin2.gif

I stopped playing the first SH when he enters the school. I couldn't take the suspense. laugh.gif (wasn't that on PSone? old-school console)I'm more of an action-packed type of a person. Give me a game like Halo and I'm set.

Sounds awesome, thanks for the info.  I do wnder why everything seems to be made in Canada of late, like the new George Romero movie - Land of the Dead - is it because filming costs are cheaper or something???

Hoagy alien.gif

505020[/snapback]

Yes, in general it is cheaper to film in Canada, but it's also done alot lately for the extra varieties in fliming locations. America has been done. Canada is new, yanno?

Like in Burnsides blog! Canadas weather can give it a really awesome vibe! Read Burnsides blog to know what I'm talking about.

haha you're referring to the freak Fog we got a couple weeks ago? That was INSANE, and very Silent Hill! But that's the first time it's ever happened, it wont happen again, especially in the summer months.

If they screw up this movie, I won't make myself responsible for what I'll do. If the do it right, I'll love them forever. I'll watch 5 times the movie in cinemas, buy the DVD the day it comes out and I'll watch every singl feature of it. Heck it, I'll even sleep with the DVD so it stays near me...

I hope they put Yamaoka in the music department. The movie would gain ALOT with his presence grin2.gif

Yamaoka's orchestra makes Silent Hill what it is. The music is incredible in the SH series and it goes a long way past the graphics and whatnot to create the atmosphere of SH.

If they don't use him, they wont be making Silent Hill.

The Silent Hill 2 theme is great! It is really sad, but has such a strong beat. It's my favourite instrumental EVER!

Which one: the Theme of Laura, Love Psalm, Overdose Dellusion, Angels' Thanatos or Promise? All of them are really good. If you don't have the rest of the soundtrack, go to www.silenceisbroken.com, it also has the Silent Hill 1 soundtrack

Edited by jpalz

You can also download the full soundtracks for SH1, 2, 3 and 4 as well as RE1, 2, 3 and CV at evilunleashed.com. grin2.gif

Promise is an AWESOME track.

Don't know why, but I prefer Love Psalm. Still, Promise is AWESOME.

Hey, thanks for the link. Anyways, what tracks from the RE soundtracks do you recommend me?

Never downloaded any. I don't know any names. I guess 'Street Music #248' from RE3 is a good one. laugh.gif

Actually i love the ending music from RE2.

Ending music for RE 2... Mmmkay, guess I'll give it a try.

There's two though, one is slow and crappy, and the other is a nifty R&R beat. Go for that one, if possible.