Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

My (unfinished) Covid Story

acute

Don't be discouraged if you "relapse" again. From stories I've read it seems common, but for alot of people eventually the relapses stop 

• Like 9

That happen to me to I had it in 2019 and it came back in 2020.  maybe the vaccines are not working.I never had the vaccines.  

• Like 1

There's no doubt that my Long Covid has come back yet again, but maybe the drug companies will find a cure eventually.

At present, there's no test for it, and no treatment.

• Sad 5

20 minutes ago, acute said:

I'm posting this, not because I'm a hypochondriac, or I want sympathy.  It's for any folks out there going through something similar, who maybe haven't put 2 and 2 together yet.

I had mild Covid in May 2020. No fever or bad chest, but just about everything else seen in confirmed cases.  It lasted only about 10 days.  (There was no testing available at that time, unless you were a patient in a hospital)

Then, in July, the symptoms of 'Long Covid' started and continue to this day.  TBH, I was quite amused, as every symptom I had was s•l•o•w•l•y added to the list.

I had my (AZ) vaccine doses in March and May, and exactly the same thing happened both times:

My 'Long Covid' disappeared for exactly two weeks, then came back.  Midway into the third week, I developed a seriously congested chest, and the worse Brain Fog ever, which I have just recovered from.

So..... if this story rings a bell, you are not alone. :D

(I haven't listed any Covid or Long Covid symptoms, because they are all available to view online)

I am sorry to hear this, this is a very strange Virus considering it's long term effects. I have heard from others who have experienced the long term symptoms your having hopefully they will come to an end soon. It really terrible to think after you were infected the symptoms have been still going on for almost a year. Have you seen a Doctor? So the vaccination brought the symptoms back, when you say you received the AZ vaccine are you talking about AstraZeneca. While that vaccine is not being used in most of the World they continuing to used it here in South Korea.

Our friends here have no choice but to use that vaccine because it's all that is offered to Koreans. Many are having severe symptoms like you described for a couple of weeks after their vaccination. Fortunately my wife and I were able to get vaccinated on a US Military Base Camp Humphrey and we received the J&J vaccine. The only side effects were a mild fever and body aches for about two days, and since then we both have been fine. 

Man I hope you get better soon.

• Like 9

40 minutes ago, acute said:

I'm posting this, not because I'm a hypochondriac, or I want sympathy.  It's for any folks out there going through something similar, who maybe haven't put 2 and 2 together yet.

I had mild Covid in May 2020. No fever or bad chest, but just about everything else seen in confirmed cases.  It lasted only about 10 days.  (There was no testing available at that time, unless you were a patient in a hospital)

Then, in July, the symptoms of 'Long Covid' started and continue to this day.  TBH, I was quite amused, as every symptom I had was s•l•o•w•l•y added to the list.

This is very sad. I hope you recover fully and quickly.

On a side note, if it comes out that this virus was deliberately released for whatever reason, how would that make you feel? 

I was wondering about that, considering i haven't had Covid, nor have any family members. But the perspective of someone who is still suffering would be interesting? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

@Manwon Lender

The vaccine stopped the Long Covid for 2 weeks.

6 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Have you seen a Doctor?

As I said..... There is no test for Long Covid, and there is no treatment available yet.

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, acute said:

@Manwon Lender

As I said..... There is no test for Long Covid, and there is no treatment available yet.

Sorry about the confusion when I made my post I had only read your comments in the OP. I didn't see your other post until later.

• Like 4

Hi Acute

Sorry to hear that you are having difficulties. I have had both of my injections and had no effects what so ever and have been fortunate not to have had the virus so really don't have any advice so best wishes.

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, acute said:

@Manwon Lender

Has is wane it and out for you any or has it just been consistent symptoms?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I know 5 people who have had coronavirus, and none of them have 'Long Covid' symptoms!

However, long symptoms can also happen if you get the flu or pneumonia, or other diseases - we will all react differently because we have different biology, etc.

• Like 1

Perhaps you should see your doctor just in case it isn't long covid. Also, it would be good for the doctor to know about cases of long covid in his area.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

Perhaps you should see your doctor just in case it isn't long covid. Also, it would be good for the doctor to know about cases of long covid in his area.

Not to sound cynical, but I don't think doctor would care. It doesn't require serious medical assistance, it's not something that can be diagnosed with certainty (in the reliable test sort of  way), it's not going to kill him, it'll go away with time and has no particular therapy (other than vaccine which had only temporary effect in acute's particular case)... therefore it's a medical nuisance. 

Also, a waiting room is the perfect place to collect Covid yet again, or something else, so... 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

has it just been consistent symptoms?

In my case, it's a number of different symptoms that come and go, and overlap.  It might be chest pain for a day, diarrhea for 3, ear-ache for 2, runny eyes for 5.  Different durations of various symptoms overlapping on any single day.

It's consistent in the way that I always have something.

Edited by acute
  • Sad 5

I've heard many people suffer from post covid  (" the loss smell is very common ") you should always see a doctor if it's effecting you. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, acute said:

@ouija ouija

@Helen of Annoy

I imagine the doctor's response would be "What do you want me to do?" in a roundabout way.

On the brighter side, we've got you to discover for us if there's not just long Covid, but life-long Covid too :yes:

Seriously, it shouldn't be permanent, it's not from virus family that can exist indefinitely in human organism. The way I imagine it, Covid was a shock for your body and your body is still re-enacting the symptoms, or your system was so disturbed it still gets thrown off-balance. 

(I know a guy who had only mild symptoms with some headache, a bit of fever and some uncontrollable shaking, which ended in few days with literally one vomiting episode. Few months later, he started shaking again and vomited, once, and that was it. Certainly, very lucky compared to your persistent full barrages of symptoms, but it's interesting that this thing really does tend to have aftershocks.

I'm mentioning this because sooner or later someone will claim long Covid is psychological phenomenon - that's said for anything that wasn't explained properly - while I know for a fact it's not.)  

Thank you for sharing your experience.

I'm sending some of my psychotic energy your way, so you can fight that bug out of your body, completely. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

20 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

I'm sending some of my psychotic energy your way, so you can fight that bug out of your body, completely.

I am grateful for your assistance, thank you. I now expect to wake up tomorrow without it. (The will to live, I mean)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Acute, have you seen the latest hypothesis for Long Covid? They suspect it's a disruption of the autonomic nervous system. Lots of research has been looking into this recently. In the link they have some suggestions with management of orthostatic intolerance.

COVID-19, autoimmunity and the autonomic nervous system

It has been hypothesised that COVID-19 infection affects the autonomic nervous system.16 The relationship between the two is complex: the well-documented cytokine response storm of COVID-1917 results from sympathetic activation inducing pro-inflammatory cytokine release.18,19 Conversely, vagal stimulation results in an anti-inflammatory responses,17 suggesting possible therapeutic targets in the autonomic nervous system.

Alternatively, COVID-19 related autonomic dysfunction could be mediated by the virus itself. Immune-mediated neurological syndromes have been described.20 It is also well established that autonomic disorders such as OH and POTS are associated with autoantibodies,21 for example to α-/β-adrenoceptors and muscarinic receptors.22–25 Cohort studies describe commonly preceding infections in POTS,26 as well as a link with autoimmune biomarkers and autoimmune disorders.27 Thus, we speculate that there is an underlying autoimmune component to the post-COVID syndromes that we report.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7850225/

• Like 3

I am praying for your full recovery, Acute.  We all appreciate your story, here.

The second dose of Moderna that I received was no picnic, but I quickly recovered, as have all my family members.

One family member who is young, had a serious Covid infection, but was not hospitalized. She has recovered, but it was rough for several weeks.

• Like 3

A guy I worked with got Covid diagnosed on a Tuesday he died that Thursday from Covid complications from having it. Two blood clots that caused a stroke. My wife had it and it put her flat on her a$$ for 11 days. It came in two waves. The first wave she had it for a week four of those days she was still up doing house work but she felt bad. She got a Covid test done on that forth day and it was positive the following night she got worse and hardly got out of bed. The second wave hit her harder but didn’t last as long at only three days. So it took 15 days for her to get over it. 
I slept in a different room but took care of her many times without a mask. I never caught it. I got tested and mine was negative. It’s a bad a$$ virus but I think some of us are resistant to it.

• Like 3

I had Covid a few months ago, and my symptoms were rather mild, I just felt tired and had an annoying cough that took long to get over. I'm in my 30's and have had no pre-existing health conditions. And thankfully I have had no post-Covid side effects. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

A question, and since that we are all under alias and I hope I am not being to nosy, do you have other illness or pre-conditions before Covid?
For example people with obesity seem to be have weaker imune system in regards to covid.

• Like 2