Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

My (unfinished) Covid Story

acute

On 6/22/2021 at 1:01 AM, acute said:

Thanks, Hugh.

It wasn't deliberately released by the Chinese, because it has killed a good chunk of their population, and caused the CCP major problems.

I don't really care where it came from, because it's here and everywhere, and we need to tackle and/or learn to live with it.

I agree, if it was man made it was most likely an accidental release/leak.
My beef with the Chinese is only regarding investigation into this, and this is one of the rare situations I agreed with former Pr. Trump, which is the WHO being useless and way under influence of politics in this situations.

Edited by godnodog
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, godnodog said:

A question, and since that we are all under alias and I hope I am not being to nosy, do you have other illness or pre-conditions before Covid?
For example people with obesity seem to be have weaker imune system in regards to covid.

Nothing major.  I do have some ongoing health problems, though, so a weakened immune system is quite possible.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@acute You probably saw one or another article about this, but here it is anyway

https://www.sciencealert.com/covid-19-is-making-lingering-changes-to-blood-cells-which-might-explain-a-lot

New evidence suggests the enduring imprint of COVID-19 could be due to the virus making significant alterations to people's blood – yielding lasting changes to blood cells that are still evident several months after infection is diagnosed.

I firmly believe it might be long, but it can't be permanent. Which has zero scientific value, but I'm never wrong so there. 

edit to add: Not permanent unless you die before it gets out of your system. But you won't die, people who complain a lot are the last to die. Kidding. You're actually enduring this quite stoically.  

Edited by Helen of Annoy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Helen of Annoy said:

@acute You probably saw one or another article about this, but here it is anyway

https://www.sciencealert.com/covid-19-is-making-lingering-changes-to-blood-cells-which-might-explain-a-lot

No, I hadn't seen it. Very interesting, thanks! :tu:

Knowing my luck, I will still have Long Covid in the afterlife.

• Haha 2

On 6/29/2021 at 8:06 AM, acute said:

Nothing major.  I do have some ongoing health problems, though, so a weakened immune system is quite possible.

A overactive one is a possibility too......

https://scitechdaily.com/long-covid-symptoms-such-as-fatigue-brain-fog-and-rashes-likely-caused-by-epstein-barr-virus-reactivation/

Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) reactivation resulting from the inflammatory response to coronavirus infection may be the cause of previously unexplained long COVID symptoms — such as fatigue, brain fog, and rashes — that occur in approximately 30% of patients after recovery from initial COVID-19 infection. The first evidence linking EBV reactivation to long COVID, as well as an analysis of long COVID prevalence, is outlined in a new long COVID study published in the journal Pathogens.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Piney said:

Epstein-Barr virus (EBV)

Ah, yes..... Also known as the Jeffrey-William Virus. :yes:

Edited by acute
  • Haha 3