Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Death threats are terrorizing U.S. election workers

Eldorado

Note: This story contains offensive language 

Late on the night of April 24, the wife of Georgia’s top election official got a chilling text message: “You and your family will be killed very slowly.”

A week earlier, Tricia Raffensperger, wife of Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger, had received another anonymous text: “We plan for the death of you and your family every day.” That followed an April 5 text warning. A family member, the texter told her, was “going to have a very unfortunate incident.”

Those messages, which have not been previously reported, illustrate the continuing barrage of threats and intimidation against election officials and their families months after former U.S. President Donald Trump’s November election defeat.

While reports of threats against Georgia officials emerged in the heated weeks after the voting, Reuters interviews with more than a dozen election workers and top officials – and a review of disturbing texts, voicemails and emails that they and their families received – reveal the previously hidden breadth and severity of the menacing tactics.

Full report at Reuters: Link

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Investigators should look into threats made by ANYONE.  They also should publish the evidence found in the audit.  HR1 is NOT going to be allowed to steal this nation for a single party.  I really hope Manchin and Sinema love the country enough to avoid the chaos HR1 will bring to us all.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

Note: This story contains offensive language 

Late on the night of April 24, the wife of Georgia’s top election official got a chilling text message: “You and your family will be killed very slowly.”

A week earlier, Tricia Raffensperger, wife of Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger, had received another anonymous text: “We plan for the death of you and your family every day.” That followed an April 5 text warning. A family member, the texter told her, was “going to have a very unfortunate incident.”

Those messages, which have not been previously reported, illustrate the continuing barrage of threats and intimidation against election officials and their families months after former U.S. President Donald Trump’s November election defeat.

While reports of threats against Georgia officials emerged in the heated weeks after the voting, Reuters interviews with more than a dozen election workers and top officials – and a review of disturbing texts, voicemails and emails that they and their families received – reveal the previously hidden breadth and severity of the menacing tactics.

Full report at Reuters: Link

The Secretary of State, is preparing for this problem in the future along with the FBI. During the next major election their hands will not be tied like they were in the past Presidential Election. Its time for all the left and right extremists to crawl back in their holes, their time is past. 

JIMO

Hey republicans, can you quit with the terrorism before we're forced to break the filibuster, add Puerto Rico and DC, kill gerrymandering and render you about has potent as a gelded 90 year old?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

To be honest, in this Arizona recount Cyber Ninjas could say "Yep, here is the proof Trump won by 43,323 votes."

Then a week later elections officials in Arizona could say "No you are in error, here is why." I almost see this happening like this for no other purpose but to set in motion other states recounts.

Regardless, Donald Trump would continue to say he won this election in Arizona and it would set in motion recounts in all states he lost to.

All of these threats really should come back to the one person promoting it.

Someone dies from election threats, arrest Donald Trump for inciting the death based on falsities, then let him prove in court the election was stolen, or be tried manslaughter.

Words have consequences. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Autochthon1990 said:

Hey republicans, can you quit with the terrorism before we're forced to break the filibuster, add Puerto Rico and DC, kill gerrymandering and render you about has potent as a gelded 90 year old?

Assuming that the texts are coming from the right.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Autochthon1990 said:

lamo, a little angry liberal got triggered, 

• Haha 3

It's just terrible. They may be mobbed on the streets and harassed out of restaurants, next. They might be shot while playing baseball or murdered on the streets during a demonstration, or have their homes and businesses torched, or shot dead by a cop protecting a capital somewhere. Oh, the humanity!:cry:

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

Assuming that the texts are coming from the right.

Well given the GOP just had a coup over that election...

8 hours ago, Autochthon1990 said:

You are such a genius.  Just blow off half the country in the name of........democracy :lol:.  You would have made such a good German in the 30's. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, South Alabam said:

To be honest, in this Arizona recount Cyber Ninjas could say "Yep, here is the proof Trump won by 43,323 votes."

Then a week later elections officials in Arizona could say "No you are in error, here is why." I almost see this happening like this for no other purpose but to set in motion other states recounts.

Regardless, Donald Trump would continue to say he won this election in Arizona and it would set in motion recounts in all states he lost to.

All of these threats really should come back to the one person promoting it.

Someone dies from election threats, arrest Donald Trump for inciting the death based on falsities, then let him prove in court the election was stolen, or be tried manslaughter.

Words have consequences. 

Should Paul McCartney by tried for the murder of Sharon Tate?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Eldorado said:

Well that's easy enough to follow up on.  Whoever did that will get a visit from the FBI

18 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Whoever did that will get a visit from the FBI

Right, and that fixes everything?

The GOP will keep losing, because they look desperate and weak from this. The blood in the water only drives more sharks to feed.

The GOP is a wounded brand.

Threats of death, cannot compare to the deaths of hundreds of thousands of Americans, and the GOP is largely to blame for a considerable percentage of these.

Before this pandemic is over, every family will know someone directly affected, or crippled by this virus. The cost is enormous.

There are some things you cannot recover from. Lying about an election, probably recoverable, but lying about a pandemic, is not recoverable.

These men, who are bleeding in the water as we speak, will be eaten alive.

3 minutes ago, Raptor Witness said:

Right, and that fixes everything?

The GOP will keep losing, because they look desperate and weak from this. The blood in the water only drives more sharks to feed.

The GOP is a wounded brand.

So some nut bag threatens someone and it's the "GOP" huh?  No.  The GOP is a wounded brand and yet the party that should be able to pass pretty much any legislation they wanted to right now are struggling to pass an infrastructure bill, and party activist groups are taking out ad campaigns against their own politicians for not being radical enough.  Alrighty then.  Maybe you should stick with insane religious rants.  Both parties are a hot mess and need to be tossed aside by voters before these insane partisan windbags do more to screw us forever.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, OverSword said:

So some nut bag threatens someone and it's the "GOP" huh? 

If the GOP has become the nut sack to embrace all of those nut bags,  then maybe so. I can believe in voter fraud, it has been present to some degree in every election throughout my life, but up until now it has been detected, proven and prevented by logic and the justice system.  It has also been bi-partisan.  

If the GOP now goes along with Jan. 6 being like a regular tour day,  Italian satellites changing voting machines, Israeli laser satellites starting forest fires, audits looking for bamboo fibers on ballots or claiming ballots were fed to chickens then the chicken barns were burnt down, then  the nut sack gets identified with the nut bags.  When one has to choose between party and logic, there is a problem.   I regret fiscal conservatives have been drowned out and buried by a departure from logic .

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

If the GOP has become the nut sack to embrace all of those nut bags,  then maybe so. I can believe in voter fraud, it has been present to some degree in every election throughout my life, but up until now it has been detected, proven and prevented by logic and the justice system.  It has also been bi-partisan.  

If the GOP now goes along with Jan. 6 being like a regular tour day,  Italian satellites changing voting machines, Israeli laser satellites starting forest fires, audits looking for bamboo fibers on ballots or claiming ballots were fed to chickens then the chicken barns were burnt down, then  the nut sack gets identified with the nut bags.  When one has to choose between party and logic, there is a problem.   I regret fiscal conservatives have been drowned out and buried by a departure from logic .

Well I guess I live in a bubble because I didn't know those were the official GOP positions or that they were texting death threats to peoples families.

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

You are such a genius.  Just blow off half the country in the name of........democracy :lol:.  You would have made such a good German in the 30's. 

One person, one vote, not my fault the GOP isn't popular, they can always get a better platform...

3 minutes ago, aztek said:

threats are clearly the work of liberals progressive's, intimidation is their MO, not of conservatives, 

You guys stormed the capitol, tried to abduct a governor, and one time in Oregon occupied a bird sanctuary because you didn't want one dude to pay taxes. Stop acting like the GOP is pure and innocent, they aren't. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

28 minutes ago, aztek said:

threats are clearly the work of liberals progressive's, intimidation is their MO, not of conservatives, 

25 minutes ago, Autochthon1990 said:

You guys stormed the capitol, tried to abduct a governor, and one time in Oregon occupied a bird sanctuary because you didn't want one dude to pay taxes. Stop acting like the GOP is pure and innocent, they aren't. 

Was that you Aztec? So awesome dude! :gun:

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Autochthon1990 said:

yea, but we did not make anonymous threats.  so according to the pattern you showed, it is not conservatives' MO

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

So some nut bag threatens someone and it's the "GOP" huh?  No.  The GOP is a wounded brand and yet the party that should be able to pass pretty much any legislation they wanted to right now are struggling to pass an infrastructure bill, and party activist groups are taking out ad campaigns against their own politicians for not being radical enough.  Alrighty then.  Maybe you should stick with insane religious rants.  Both parties are a hot mess and need to be tossed aside by voters before these insane partisan windbags do more to screw us forever.

What's truly "insane," is the lack of foresight among a Christian right wing, who generally claim to have spiritual insight. 

There is but one type of "sickness" that comes in waves like a "tsunami," and that's a pandemic.

The "religious" context wasn't provided by me, but by former Attorney General William Barr, who claimed that there was "a war on faith in America." To which I countered with my forecast.

Don't you find it ironic that I announced a "plaga" in a thread, which was a "religious rant" of the political right? 

No doubt the political "church" has asked the (state)FBI to check and see if there's something they can do about this kind of spiritual weaponry.  

The conservative right should have been the first to recognize the coronavirus for what it was, and to rally the American people, but they didn't, because included in my "sickness" forecast, was another, even more powerful forecast.

"They will hear the rumbling of the earth, but think nothing of ituntil they are swept away, and into the sea ..."

In other words, they will ignore the very pandemic that I forecast would destroy them.  A destruction which continues ...

So let's start with the chicken, and the egg ...  In this case, an egg that my right arm is wrapped around, during the entire time that Donald Trump was in office.

The War on Faith in America

By BrooklynGuy, October 17, 2019 in United States and the Americas

Raptor Witness     2,133

Raptor Witness

Jesus was a great liberal in His day. In fact, He was a flaming liberal.

He stood up for women, when the established thinking was to put poor women in their place, and even murder them. He stood up for children, in no uncertain terms, when they were to be seen and not heard. These were the weakest members of His society. Yet, He even went further, with the story of the good Samaritan, which was the foreigner. Contrast this with the Justice Department's rabid treatment of Christians attempting to access our southern border and you have the teachings of Darkness.

Attorney General William Barr, by seeking to divide U.S. serves only one purpose. He is the opposite of Jesus Christ.  For this reason, the plagas against him and his political house shall swell like a tsunami. They will hear the rumbling of the earth, but think nothing of it, until they are swept away, and into the sea, never to be seen or heard from again. Covered with silt and sorrow, until the end of time, far and away, into the abyss.

Mater, perdat vomitu in parallel lines

Edited October 23, 2019 by Raptor Witness
  •  

Mater = Mother

perdat = destroy

vomitu = vomit, sickness 

In the context here, waves move in parallel lines. “like a tsunami”

3 hours ago, OverSword said:

Well I guess I live in a bubble because I didn't know those were the official GOP positions or that they were texting death threats to peoples families.

I did not go so far as to say that.  As a party, they are not.  and I am not sure they have any stated position at this time.  Balanced budgets don't seem to be a part of it any more.  

If killed or captured, the GOP secretary will disavow any knowledge of the perpetrators  activities 

• Haha 1