Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The mysterious death of the man who discovered the Loch Ness Monster

Eldorado

Sandy Gray was fishing in the peat-black waters of Loch Ness when he discovered an unusual animal. It was a sleety Saturday in March 1932, and the animal was a large, elaborately colored bird with a glossy green head, a fan of coppery-red plumes, and a dark-metallic breast.

Sandy spent much of his free time on the loch (the Scottish word for “lake”) and knew that this creature was a rare discovery. The bird was badly injured; it appeared to have been shot or trapped.

Sandy, a bus driver from the tiny loch-side village of Foyers, attempted to save it. He took it home but could only keep it alive for a few days. After it died, Sandy took it to the nearby town of Inverness to have it identified.

Full story at the Pocket: Link

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Eldorado said:

Sandy Gray was fishing in the peat-black waters of Loch Ness when he discovered an unusual animal. It was a sleety Saturday in March 1932, and the animal was a large, elaborately colored bird with a glossy green head, a fan of coppery-red plumes, and a dark-metallic breast.

Sandy spent much of his free time on the loch (the Scottish word for “lake”) and knew that this creature was a rare discovery. The bird was badly injured; it appeared to have been shot or trapped.

Sandy, a bus driver from the tiny loch-side village of Foyers, attempted to save it. He took it home but could only keep it alive for a few days. After it died, Sandy took it to the nearby town of Inverness to have it identified.

Full story at the Pocket: Link

Dude, that was great story I have never heard it before. When I was young my best friend was a kid named Scott Carter, his father was from the Clan Carter and had immigrated to the United States. His father was a great guy, and he use to tell us stories about Scottish History. That is the first time I was ever exposed to the stories of Loch Ness and the Loch Ness Monster.

Seriously thanks for providing this thread, it brought back some great memories of my close friend. It also added some interesting history to this subject, that I was totally unaware of, great thread man and .I would recommend that everyone read the entire story. 

Thanks Again man!:tu:

• Like 1

A pleasant read and that photo his brother took was one of the best. It sure showed a blob of something, but who knows what.