Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Japan proposes 4 day work week for better work life balance

spartan max2

The Japanese government has just unveiled its annual economic policy guidelines, which include new recommendations that companies permit their staff to opt to work four days a week instead of the typical five.

Japan's famously hard-working salarymen — and, increasingly, salarywomen — are to be encouraged to reduce the amount of time they spend in the office environment as part of the government's initiative to improve the nation's work-life balance.  

The recently unveiled annual economic policy guidelines include new recommendations that companies permit their staff to opt to work four days a week instead of the typical five. 

The coronavirus pandemic has already brought huge changes to the way that Japanese corporations — many of which are still highly rigid and traditional — go about their business.

Political leaders now hope to convince management that flexible working hours, remote working, growing interconnectedness and a host of other developments can be beneficial if they remain in place even after the end of the health crisis.

https://www.dw.com/en/japan-work-life-balance/a-57989053

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 2

I use to work four ten-hour days a week and loved it. I never had to work more than two days in a row without a day off--or three off days straight!

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

I use to work four ten-hour days a week and loved it. I never had to work more than two days in a row without a day off--or three off days straight!

I did it too. So much better, productivity and private life. 

• Like 1

They've earned it, and maybe if hardworking Japan can do it, someday we can have a work life balance that doesn't result in suicide and opium addictions. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Autochthon1990 said:

They've earned it, and maybe if hardworking Japan can do it, someday we can have a work life balance that doesn't result in suicide and opium addictions. 

I mean I agree with you. I think four day work weeks would be the best for society.

But like, you don't got to be so extreme about it :lol: lol