Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Apartment building near Miami partially collapses

docyabut2

Condo owners in Surfside building were facing assessments for $15 million worth of repairs - CNN June 29, 2021

(CNN)Condo owners in the South Florida tower that collapsed last week were facing assessments for millions of dollars worth of repairs -- with payments set to begin a week after the building's deadly fall.

The Champlain Towers South condo association approved a $15 million assessment in April to complete repairs required under the county's 40-year recertification process ...

Owners would have to pay assessments ranging from $80,190 for one-bedroom units to $336,135 for the owner of the building's four-bedroom penthouse, a document sent to the building's residents said. The deadline to pay upfront or choose paying a monthly fee lasting 15 years was July 1 ...

"We struggled with it and everything," said Isabel Aguero, who owns an 11th-floor condo in the part of the building that stayed standing ...

Aguero and her husband decided to go with the monthly payment, and sent in the paperwork on June 23 so the association would start adding $593 to their homeowner fees, they said.

Given the deadline they were looking at, I'm sorry to say, but this provides a possible financial motive for someone to help along the collapse, assuming their insurance policy would cover their loss, in such an event. Collapse is generally a covered peril on most property insurance policies. This is a lot of money, out of pocket, for the average homeowner to have to pay. I don't like the timing of the collapse, either, which just happened to be at an hour when most witnesses would be asleep.

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Raptor Witness said:

Condo owners in Surfside building were facing assessments for $15 million worth of repairs - CNN June 29, 2021

(CNN)Condo owners in the South Florida tower that collapsed last week were facing assessments for millions of dollars worth of repairs -- with payments set to begin a week after the building's deadly fall.

The Champlain Towers South condo association approved a $15 million assessment in April to complete repairs required under the county's 40-year recertification process ...

Owners would have to pay assessments ranging from $80,190 for one-bedroom units to $336,135 for the owner of the building's four-bedroom penthouse, a document sent to the building's residents said. The deadline to pay upfront or choose paying a monthly fee lasting 15 years was July 1 ...

"We struggled with it and everything," said Isabel Aguero, who owns an 11th-floor condo in the part of the building that stayed standing ...

Aguero and her husband decided to go with the monthly payment, and sent in the paperwork on June 23 so the association would start adding $593 to their homeowner fees, they said.

Given the deadline they were looking at, I'm sorry to say, but this provides a possible financial motive for someone to help along the collapse, assuming their insurance policy would cover their loss, in such an event. Collapse is generally a covered peril on most property insurance policies. This is a lot of money, out of pocket, for the average homeowner to have to pay. I don't like the timing of the collapse, either, which just happened to be at an hour when most witnesses would be asleep.

It was probably Bush playing with his space laser again...

• Confused 2

Just some questions,  why did it happen in the middle of the night ? Why did most witnesses say, they heard a big boom before they saw the  building collapsing.

what made it fall ?

a earthquake? people would feel it.  A sinking hole? there would `nt  be a big boom.    

Edited by docyabut2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

Just some questions,  why did it happen in the middle of the night ?   

Is that a serious question?

• Thanks 3

Something had to shaken that building to make it fall. There are cracks in buildings and in homes . They got to find the main thing that made it fall .  

Edited by docyabut2
  • Sad 1

Woman told hubby on phone she saw pool deck cave in as Florida condo collapsed -  New York Post June 28, 2021

A part-time New Yorker missing in the deadly Florida condo building collapse called her husband as the tragedy unfolded — and said she saw a sinkhole where the pool deck used to be before the line went dead, according to a new report.

“It was 1:30 a.m., I’ll never, never forget that,” Mike Stratton, husband of Cassie Stratton, 40, told the Miami Herald ….

The Washington Post reported that Stratton was on her fourth-floor balcony when she felt a tremor and saw the pool deck cave in…

Animation of most probable sequence, below …

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

Something had to shaken that building to make it fall. There are cracks in buildings and in homes . They got to find the main thing that made it fall .  

Ever play Jenga?  Water dripping down from the pool eroding a single column could have caused all this.  

• Like 3

there is nothing to find now, it all came crushing down,  the building clearly had structural issues,  either poorly designed,  or build with poor quality materials.  as far as boom, it could be sound of underground parking collapsing, or some beams snapping.  

• Like 5

At this point, it's not why it happened that is important.  Where are the 150 people that are missing?  One would think that after six days if there were people away, that they would have come forward by now to say they are ok.  I dread what they will find in the lower floors.  Whole families gone.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

38 minutes ago, Raptor Witness said:

Woman told hubby on phone she saw pool deck cave in as Florida condo collapsed -  New York Post June 28, 2021

A part-time New Yorker missing in the deadly Florida condo building collapse called her husband as the tragedy unfolded — and said she saw a sinkhole where the pool deck used to be before the line went dead, according to a new report.

“It was 1:30 a.m., I’ll never, never forget that,” Mike Stratton, husband of Cassie Stratton, 40, told the Miami Herald ….

The Washington Post reported that Stratton was on her fourth-floor balcony when she felt a tremor and saw the pool deck cave in…

Animation of most probable sequence, below …

so it was from a sink hole that caused the collapsing?  

59 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

Why did most witnesses say, they heard a big boom before they saw the building collapsing.

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/gaping-hole-of-rubble-residents-witnesses-recount-surfside-condo-collapse/2479931/

In the video, about 10 witnesses were interviewed and not a single one of them stated to have heard "a big boom" so please stop spreading BS.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, toast said:

In the video, about 10 witnesses were interviewed and not a single one of them stated to have heard "a big boom" so please stop spreading BS.

The enemies of the Truth abound, these days. 

Comparing this to Oklahoma City, makes zero sense. Another shill I have to ignore.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, toast said:

Trying to find those reports that people said they heard a explosion. I just saying a big boom.

Trying to find this report .
There was another witness on the fox news said , he was walking home from a party , he heard a explosion and saw the building collapsing, and his friend is missing.

Edited by docyabut2
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

Better expert analysis of the issues raised by the 2018 engineers report.

1 hour ago, docyabut2 said:
 Trying to find those reports that people said they heard a explosion. I just saying a big boom.

Trying to find this report .
There was another witness on the fox news said , he was walking home from a party , he heard a explosion and saw the building collapsing, and his friend is missing.

Please stop, at this point you are not making any sense what so ever.  No one, NO ONE has referred to the sounds as explosion devices.  Do you think structural failure would occur quietly ?  

Try reading "Condominium" by John MacDonald about the failures he foresaw happening in the building up of  Florida  without environmental precautions and stop flapping your fingers over an aluminum hat theory.  

• Like 2

Again and again, I am seeing talk regarding failure of the Home Owners Association.  Someone needs to narrow down who comprised this group. Were there any qualifications for this group?  Were they simply residents trying to keep costs down?  They had put out a letter of warning in April that surely no one wanted to hear.  Good, Lord, they weren't prescient beyond the warning they, themselves, had received.  

• Like 2

A HOA comprises of the people who own homes in a community building. It sounds like they knew the damage had deteriorated since the 2018 report and were starting to figure the costs of the repairs to each tenant, which were to begin. It doesn't sound like they realized how serious the situation was.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, susieice said:

A HOA comprises of the people who own homes in a community building. It sounds like they knew the damage had deteriorated since the 2018 report and were starting to figure the costs of the repairs to each tenant, which were to begin. It doesn't sound like they realized how serious the situation was.

That's what is was in the condominium that I owned but I'm not sure that's what it was for them.  I owned a condo outside of the Detroit area and I know that our Assoc. President spent a LOT of time keeping our costs down.  She was Jewish and she was dedicated.  I can remember her telling me how much we were to be overcharged for sidewalk repair, that is we were overcharged until she measured it !  But her battle were just a little different than the outrageous repairs and costs these people were facing.  Were they Engineers, Architects, capable of examining these costs ?  Were they paid for these services ?  

• Like 1

Read interviews from the survivors...none of them mention anything that would resemble a bomb...

She was asleep Thursday morning when a strange feeling woke her. “It’s like something supernatural woke me up. I felt something strange, and I thought, ‘Oh, I forgot to close the sliding door to the balcony, and the wind is making the noise,’ “ she said. “I tried to close the sliding door, and it felt like the building was moving. The door wouldn’t close.”

Then Monteagudo heard a crack. There was a line in the wall coming down from the ceiling — about two fingers wide. “Then it started getting wider and wider as I watched,” she said. “Something said, you have to run. You have to run immediately.”

https://www.stripes.com/theaters/us/2021-06-29/survivor-escape-florida-condo-collapse-1996224.html

Willis' dad, Albert Aguero, said he woke up around 1:15 a.m. and felt the building shaking and the walls moving.

Aguero said he originally thought the building had been struck by lightning, but knew it was serious when he saw fire trucks arrive and was told by firefighters to evacuate.

Willis, who is a junior at UConn, said it "felt like a plane was taking off from the top of our building."

https://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/local/uconn-baseball-player-and-his-family-narrowly-escape-collapsing-surfside-fl-condo/2516557/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Vincennes said:

That's what is was in the condominium that I owned but I'm not sure that's what it was for them.  I owned a condo outside of the Detroit area and I know that our Assoc. President spent a LOT of time keeping our costs down.  She was Jewish and she was dedicated.  I can remember her telling me how much we were to be overcharged for sidewalk repair, that is we were overcharged until she measured it !  But her battle were just a little different than the outrageous repairs and costs these people were facing.  Were they Engineers, Architects, capable of examining these costs ?  Were they paid for these services ?  

I don't think they were paid. I don't know if any of them were able to examine them. That could be why it took so much time, and also Covid held things up. I think they were overwhelmed by the costs and how they were going to split them among the tenants. There were engineers who gave them reports that do seem were honest. They had just been told that the situation had gotten a lot worse so they were getting ready to have the repairs done. 

ABC News had a reporter tonight at the south building tonight on World News Tonight. Residents of the collapsed building had complained about how the garage always flooded. In spite of serious thunderstorms today, that building's floor was dry. Inspectors haven't found issues with the surrounding buildings. I'll post it when it goes online.

• Like 1

Survivor saved by “supernatural” wake-up call.

Amazing ….

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Raptor Witness said:

Survivor saved by “supernatural” wake-up call.

Amazing ….

Nothing "supernatural" at all.That was the interviewer's words. She heard strange sounds and saw a crack running down her living room wall. The real reason she's alive is that she's probably a light sleeper.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1