Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US planning to evacuate Afghan interpreters, contractors ahead of withdrawal

Grim Reaper 6

The Biden administration is planning to move interpreters and other Afghans who have worked for the U.S., along with their families, to a safe location amid growing fears of a Taliban takeover after the U.S. military withdrawal, a U.S. official confirmed to ABC News Thursday. 

The destination is not yet clear, but the plan is to move these Afghans to a safe location as they wait for their U.S. visa applications to be processed, the official said. There are approximately 18,000 Afghans who have applied for a Special Immigrant Visa -- an enormous backlog that will take months to sort through, with U.S. lawmakers and advocates saying it puts their lives at risk.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/us-planning-to-evacuate-afghan-interpreters-contractors-ahead-of-withdrawal/ar-AALomYW

• Like 7

This is the way it's suppose to work, I have to take my hat off to the Biden Administration. In too many cases loyal supporters of our military forces have been left behind to suffer and die when our countries military leaves a foreign war zone. Syria was a great example of that in recent years, when we pulled our forces out the Kurdish Forces who had protected our people and who  hard given their  lives doing so were left to be slaughtered. 

I Sincerly hope the mass murder that happened in the Syria to the Kurdish Forces that were abandoned by the Trump Administration is a policy our Nation doesn't follow in the future. :(

• Like 6

wont happen, maybe few % will be evacuated, the rest will be slaughtered by Taliban,, as it already happened many times before,

• Sad 2

The US getting it's **** handed to it once again. Who'd have thought? Great at blowing things up, not very good at winning wars.

Apart from the obvious question (why were they really there in the first place), given the history of invading and then leaving and abandoning locals, surely this was all planned for from the beginning?

An example of US foreign policy in such situations.

.Evacuating+Saigon.jpg?format=750w

https://www.piqueshow.com/home/2017/8/17/american-official-punches-a-vietnamese-man-during-the-evacuation-of-saigon-1975

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 7/1/2021 at 2:27 AM, Horta said:

The US getting it's **** handed to it once again. Who'd have thought? Great at blowing things up, not very good at winning wars.

Apart from the obvious question (why were they really there in the first place), given the history of invading and then leaving and abandoning locals, surely this was all planned for from the beginning?

https://www.piqueshow.com/home/2017/8/17/american-official-punches-a-vietnamese-man-during-the-evacuation-of-saigon-1975

The problem is we never define what "winning" is an any of our situations nor do we make a road map to achieve it with plans for an exit strategy when we do.

But lets not kid ourselves, we do things to grab strategic resources or secure a strategic presence.  Being in Afghanistan let us have bases near Russia, Iran, Syria, etc. to give our politicians political leverage- it was never about "winning" at all.

• Like 5

What is "winning" in the minds of the public when we were never really told why were there fighting in the first place?

How many Americans can honestly say what Bush's stated reason as to why the US was going on to Afghanistan, oh so long ago? 
What a farce. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

What is "winning" in the minds of the public when we were never really told why were there fighting in the first place?

How many Americans can honestly say what Bush's stated reason as to why the US was going on to Afghanistan, oh so long ago? 
What a farce. 

I have to disagree with you about Afghanistan, the intial reason we went in was valid. I mean the rubble and the remains of Americans were still being removed from the site of the World Trade Center when we went into Afghanistan. The perpetrators of that attack were hiding in Afghanistan, and the Taliban were protecting Bin Laden and the other terrorist he was training. I was there up until the Tora Bora campaign started, so to answer your question we certainly had ever right to go after Osama Bin Laden. 

Where I think we made a Hugh mistake was staying after he escaped into Pakistan. When that happened we should have left because it certain served no purpose to stay any longer. When I think if all the American lives lost, because we stayed it really makes me angry. Because those lives were lost for nothing, America really needs to pull our forces back home. Everyone complains, about this or that I thinks it's time to jet the U.K. And the European Union pick up the ball and run with it.

While Americans shut home and eat popcorn watch the rest of the World fight the battles!

JIMO

• Like 4

On 7/1/2021 at 4:27 PM, Horta said:

If it were up to me I would pull all US Forces back to US Boarders. Let the rest of the world deal with there own problems, I say Good Riddance and et per totam orbem terrarum ardeat!!:tu:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/3/2021 at 7:21 AM, Manwon Lender said:

I have to disagree with you about Afghanistan, the intial reason we went in was valid. I mean the rubble and the remains of Americans were still being removed from the site of the World Trade Center when we went into Afghanistan. The perpetrators of that attack were hiding in Afghanistan, and the Taliban were protecting Bin Laden and the other terrorist he was training. I was there up until the Tora Bora campaign started, so to answer your question we certainly had ever right to go after Osama Bin Laden. 

Where I think we made a Hugh mistake was staying after he escaped into Pakistan. When that happened we should have left because it certain served no purpose to stay any longer. When I think if all the American lives lost, because we stayed it really makes me angry. Because those lives were lost for nothing, America really needs to pull our forces back home. Everyone complains, about this or that I thinks it's time to jet the U.K. And the European Union pick up the ball and run with it.

While Americans shut home and eat popcorn watch the rest of the World fight the battles!

JIMO

Good up, ML.

Just as an aside, as the US pulls out, China is about to move in under their "Belts and Roads" economic rebuilding program. Just saw that in news.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Good up, ML.

Just as an aside, as the US pulls out, China is about to move in under their "Belts and Roads" economic rebuilding program. Just saw that in news.

Yup.  It's part of their strategy to becoming the global leader of the near future.  Belt and Road Initiative - Wikipedia

It's not that bad of a plan.  Build roads and transportation in other countries all headed back towards China.  Makes it easy to be the trade hub of the world if you are literally a hub for most of the transportation already.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gromdor said:

It's not that bad of a plan.

I should say! 

America helped Afghanistan by blowing it up  for 20 years at the cost of a $trillion. 
China will go in, spend $62Billion on them, and be thought of as a wonderful country. I can understand that!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

I should say! 

America helped Afghanistan by blowing it up  for 20 years at the cost of a $trillion. 
China will go in, spend $62Billion on them, and be thought of as a wonderful country. I can understand that!

I am uncertain China will have it so easy with the Taliban back in power because Sharia Law is very strict, and the Taliban not only follow it, they also have perverted it. This is a common practice with all the Middle Eastern Extremist / Terrorist organizations.

Sharia law is Islam's legal system. It is derived from both the Koran, Islam's central text, and fatwas - the rulings of Islamic scholars. Sharia literally means "the clear, well-trodden path to water". Sharia law acts as a code for living that all Muslims should adhere to, including prayers, fasting and donations to the poor.

Peace my friend. :tu:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

On 6/29/2021 at 2:00 PM, aztek said:

wont happen, maybe few % will be evacuated, the rest will be slaughtered by Taliban,, as it already happened many times before,

Vets demand Biden take action for Afghan interpreters, other allies

For all these veterans, this is both a matter of honor and national security

https://www.foxnews.com/world/military-veterans-demand-biden-save-afghan-allies

it proves my point above,  they know what is happening in reality, they can see thru biden's lies,. or they would not have a reason to be concerned

• Like 2

KABUL, Afghanistan — The Taliban have showed off containers full of weapons and military hardware seized from the Afghan military as American forces withdraw from the country and the militants march across the country.

The weaponry includes 900 guns, 30 light tactical vehicles and 20 army pickup trucks, according to NBC News' U.K. partner Sky News, which was granted access to the Sultan Khil military base in the Wardak province close to the Afghan capital, Kabul.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/taliban-parade-weapons-seize-territory-101016145.html

• Sad 1

On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2021 at 1:39 PM, Manwon Lender said:

This is the way it's suppose to work, I have to take my hat off to the Biden Administration. In too many cases loyal supporters of our military forces have been left behind to suffer and die when our countries military leaves a foreign war zone. Syria was a great example of that in recent years, when we pulled our forces out the Kurdish Forces who had protected our people and who  hard given their  lives doing so were left to be slaughtered. 

I Sincerly hope the mass murder that happened in the Syria to the Kurdish Forces that were abandoned by the Trump Administration is a policy our Nation doesn't follow in the future. :(

Let's not forget the Kurdish forces abandoned by previous administrations as well. From the Kurds in the North to the various factions near Basra, the Obama administration has blood on it's hands from that Benny Hill show-type pullout in 2011.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Trelane said:

Let's not forget the Kurdish forces abandoned by previous administrations as well. From the Kurds in the North to the various factions near Basra, the Obama administration has blood on it's hands from that Benny Hill show-type pullout in 2011.

I totally agree with you, the US has a lot of blood on its hands and it was not only caused by the Obama Administration. The Trump Administration also has a great deal of blood on its hands. When Trump allowed Turkey to invade Syria to gain its buffer Zone he left the Kurdish Forces twisting in the wind and many were slaughtered including their families. Trump also did not insure that US Forces were moved out of that buffer zone, US Units had Turkish Artillery coming in on their positions at Danger Close Range 500 Meters. 

So I totally agree with about the Kurds, I don't even know why they trust us any longer our country has screw them so many times it's unconscionable in my opinion!:(

• Like 3

All I remember  before the new government we help fight them against the Taliban, they are a bad tribe  , they killed all the girls going to school . they banned all music  and tapes, and their women  are all covered  up.

See the source image

the new government even had a show like  our American idol  and a girl won singing:) .  so now the  Taliban again is taking  over the government and I really feel sorry for their people that we are leaving :(

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if this is really so terrible.  We gave the people there a little taste of how life could go, armed them to the teeth, trained them and now they're destiny is up to them.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

heard on the radio, we are issuing about 2500 visas,  but there are about 30k afghans that worked for us.  the country is already under full control of Taliban, 

On 7/22/2021 at 3:04 PM, OverSword said:

I wonder if this is really so terrible.  We gave the people there a little taste of how life could go, armed them to the teeth, trained them and now they're destiny is up to them.  

who do you think Taliban is? those exact people with few exceptions, that is why Taliban was able to take control of entire country in days,

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aztek said:

heard on the radio, we are issuing about 2500 visas,  but there are about 30k afghans that worked for us.  the country is already under full control of Taliban, 

who do you think Taliban is? those exact people with few exceptions, that is why Taliban was able to take control of entire country in days,

Not our problem anymore.  Get back to me when they are training kool-aid-a

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Not our problem anymore.  Get back to me when they are training kool-aid-a

unfortunately it is our problem,  always will be, as long as we involved in ME, which is something we'll be doing as long as America  as we know it, exists

Edited by aztek

16 minutes ago, aztek said:

unfortunately it is our problem,  always will be, as long as we involved in ME, which is something we'll be doing as long as America  as we know it, exists

Meh.  Landlocked and not one of the big oil producers.  As long as they don't let jihadist's take shelter there and train to destroy the world we don't need to go in there.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Meh.  Landlocked and not one of the big oil producers.  As long as they don't let jihadist's take shelter there and train to destroy the world we don't need to go in there.  

But that is exactly what they will do.   Taliban who controls the country now, are those jihadists,  and now they have our weapons and equipment.

18 minutes ago, aztek said:

But that is exactly what they will do.   Taliban who controls the country now, are those jihadists,  and now they have our weapons and equipment.

And are well aware of what happened last time.  The Taliban will probably just occupy themselves trying to win the country back, which they are in fact far from doing and are mainly battling Iranian sponsored Sunni Afghani's also desiring to take control who are entering in the far west of the country far from Kabul. 

Edited by OverSword