Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US planning to evacuate Afghan interpreters, contractors ahead of withdrawal

Grim Reaper 6

2 minutes ago, third_eye said:

You can't say Taliban 2.0 doesn't have a sense of humour... 

~

A sense of using social media for propaganda.

All the kids are doing it.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, psyche101 said:

But that not what happened.

It would be more like renters that gave a years notice and then disappeared on time. 

Sure, but if the apartment manager is supposed to do a walk through first, and the renters leave to avoid responsibility... Then they're avoiding their responsibility. The US avoided responsibility in several different ways. 

Everyone knew it was coming. The gamble was how well armed and positioned the Taliban was after 20 years of wasted efforts.

Sure, and Biden chose to go with those analysts that said two years and disregarded those that said days.

It does some feel more blood should be spilled for no good reason at all? How would more dead Americans help? 

The Afghanistan government and military had responsibility. For goodness sakes, the US has been holding their hand for twenty years. Nothing was really accomplished. It makes Vietnam look like a major victory. Were they ever going to be ready?

No. Afghanistans government and military are. They are who actually let it all fall apart and ran like the renter's you are describing. Biden did the right thing by refusing them any more sacrifices for their wasted cause. Was the US ever anything more than a pawn to arm the state and organise it at all to make it easy for the Taliban to run? How long do you think they have been waiting for this very moment? 

You can hate Biden every day for the rest of your life. So can those that didn't die there because of what he did, be it popular or not. Sometimes in order to make the world a better place you have to be hated for doing the right thing. I see a president that had the guts to end a failure of a war. Better than those who went before him just because of that alone. You said you don't want war mongers as presidents. It seems you don't want ones that end wars either.

None of that is the issue. Those are strawman points. The issue is when it came to leaving Biden left the civilians and allied Afghans behind..

Then because he chose to believe the rosiest intel, rather then plan for the worst, those people left behind will likely die.

Experts on TV have repeatedly said... 1... Pull out your civilians... 2... pull out allies... 3... pull out the soldiers. Biden pulled the soldiers first, and left the rest.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DieChecker said:

Sure, but if the apartment manager is supposed to do a walk through first, and the renters leave to avoid responsibility... Then they're avoiding their responsibility. The US avoided responsibility in several different ways. 

No they did not. 

That analogy doesn't work either. The date was set. The landlord was there. They left during the inspection to suit your analogy. How many foreign soldiers have died in conflict over the past week? 

Sure, and Biden chose to go with those analysts that said two years and disregarded those that said days.

You mean how long it would take for the Taliban to aid over again? 

It probably would have taken longer if the Afghan government and military didn't turn and run. You seem to be completely ignoring their role in this.

Why do you consider the people who should be defending their own country as not a part of this equation? 

None of that is the issue. Those are strawman points. The issue is when it came to leaving Biden left the civilians and allied Afghans behind..

Then because he chose to believe the rosiest intel, rather then plan for the worst, those people left behind will likely die.

They are not strawman points. You are insinuating that all troops were pulled out first. That's not true. 600 remained behind to facilitate the evacuation. Your own link told me that. 

He took the best option to stop American lives being spent. Would you disagree with that much?

Experts on TV have repeatedly said... 1... Pull out your civilians... 2... pull out allies... 3... pull out the soldiers. Biden pulled the soldiers first, and left the rest.

Well that doesn't work does it.

You don't pull out your allies, we are doing that ourselves. We have been extracting people for months. Last night I heard we took 650 people the previous night ourselves. 

And he left a military contingent that for some reason you don't acknowledge.

It also seems that from what I read around 4,000 civilians have already been evacuated. How many civilians are you saying remain in Afghanistan? 

On 7/14/2021 at 11:34 AM, docyabut2 said:

All I remember  before the new government we help fight them against the Taliban, they are a bad tribe  , they killed all the girls going to school . they banned all music  and tapes, and their women  are all covered  up.

See the source image

the new government even had a show like  our American idol  and a girl won singing:) .  so now the  Taliban again is taking  over the government and I really feel sorry for their people that we are leaving :(

to add 

on the news the girl singer got out:)  but just think Taliban is taken over and how they are going to treat  women again :( killing s the girls going to school  and kill a women because  her hair or eyes are shown:( 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, and then said:

Those links aren't credible.

They rant about a stolen election and how Biden enacted the deal with the Taliban.

Those two inaccuracies should take focus over the article.

The election wasn't stolen. 

David S Pumpkins set up the deal with the Taliban.

Garbage right wing reporting.

Edited by psyche101

23 hours ago, psyche101 said:

No they did not. 

That analogy doesn't work either. The date was set. The landlord was there. They left during the inspection to suit your analogy. How many foreign soldiers have died in conflict over the past week? 

I suppose that's true. A better analogy would be the landlord knew they renters were leaving and didn't want to believe it, so the renters left. The other part would be all the stuff, and their dogs, that the renters left behind.

It probably would have taken longer if the Afghan government and military didn't turn and run. You seem to be completely ignoring their role in this.

Why do you consider the people who should be defending their own country as not a part of this equation? 

True, they folded up quick. But the US intelligence knew that. Yet Biden chose not to agree with that assessment and to instead believe they had two years.

They are not strawman points. You are insinuating that all troops were pulled out first. That's not true. 600 remained behind to facilitate the evacuation. Your own link told me that. 

Those were Embassy soldiers. They defended nothing else at the point where the Taliban had near control of the capital. 

He took the best option to stop American lives being spent. Would you disagree with that much?

Well that doesn't work does it.

You don't pull out your allies, we are doing that ourselves. We have been extracting people for months. Last night I heard we took 650 people the previous night ourselves. 

And he left a military contingent that for some reason you don't acknowledge.

It also seems that from what I read around 4,000 civilians have already been evacuated. How many civilians are you saying remain in Afghanistan? 

I've read recently the Biden administration says 1500. But some sources say 4500.

I've found that 11 US soldiers died in Afghanistan in 2020. 4 from combat. No US soldiers dead in 2021.

https://www.factcheck.org/2021/08/instagram-post-wrong-on-u-s-casualties-in-afghanistan/

So how many US citizens killed will make this worse then 2020, which you say is costing US lives? Its looking like it might go into the thousands. 

Total killed is 2600 over 20 years. Which is like TWO DAYS  of Coronavirus deaths in the US his week. So hardly a wholesale killing of Americans.

Was it a stupid war? Yes. Ive said we should never have set up camp there. Was it a slaughter? No. Should those 2600 never have been killed? Yes.

If Biden has NOT been pulling people out for months, would you consider that a bad plan? Why would the Australians pull people out, but the US left their people in place till after the pullout?

Edit: By allies, I meant the local allied/employed Afghans.

Edited by DieChecker
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

I suppose that's true. A better analogy would be the landlord knew they renters were leaving and didn't want to believe it, so the renters left. The other part would be all the stuff, and their dogs, that the renters left behind.

True, they folded up quick. But the US intelligence knew that. Yet Biden chose not to agree with that assessment and to instead believe they had two years.

Those were Embassy soldiers. They defended nothing else at the point where the Taliban had near control of the capital. 

I've read recently the Biden administration says 1500. But some sources say 4500.

I've found that 11 US soldiers died in Afghanistan in 2020. 4 from combat. No US soldiers dead in 2021.

https://www.factcheck.org/2021/08/instagram-post-wrong-on-u-s-casualties-in-afghanistan/

Again, that link also states:

According to the White House, about 21,600 people were evacuated in a 24-hour period that ended on the morning of Aug. 24.

and links to

Since August 14, the U.S. has evacuated and facilitated the evacuation of approximately 58,700 people. Since the end of July, we have re-located approximately 63,900 people.

Which doesn't support your argument.

It refutes it.

As far as the assessment goes, he took a gamble. It was wrong. He had two options and took the one that is best for his people. Would you prefer he let more die whilst he goes around grabbing married women on private parts? Biden has set in place a successful vaccination program, states are coming out of lockdown, the war is over. Seems like he's doing a pretty decent job so far. Your hate for the man seems quite personal. Is it? From where I stand, he looks ten times the POTUS Trump could hope to be already.

So how many US citizens killed will make this worse then 2020, which you say is costing US lives? Its looking like it might go into the thousands. 

Total killed is 2600 over 20 years. Which is like TWO DAYS  of Coronavirus deaths in the US his week. So hardly a wholesale killing of Americans.

There you go again, counting lives like they are widgets. Definitely an American thing that. I never can understand how one lot of lost lives makes another group of lost lives irrelevant by numbers. That just makes no sense at all to me. You could also say a lot of people get murdered, so if you murder one or two, it's no big deal.

How about the totality of the impact of this war?

Key Findings

Over 7,000 U.S. service members and over 8,000 contractors have died in the post-9/11 wars in Iraq, Afghanistan, and elsewhere.

Over 30,177 U.S. service members and veterans of the post-9/11 wars have died by suicide.

Coalition partners have died in large numbers: approximately 177,000 uniformed Afghans, Pakistanis, Iraqis, and Syrian allies have died as of November 2019.

https://watson.brown.edu/costsofwar/costs/human/military/killed

Was it a stupid war? Yes. Ive said we should never have set up camp there. Was it a slaughter? No. Should those 2600 never have been killed? Yes.

So why are you eager for it to continue?

I thought you were against war mongers and that's why you didn't vote for Hillary. You can't say Biden isn't attempting to extract America from that utter waste of life and money and end this failure.

If Biden has NOT been pulling people out for months, would you consider that a bad plan? Why would the Australians pull people out, but the US left their people in place till after the pullout?

Edit: By allies, I meant the local allied/employed Afghans.

How many actually remain? 

Did you apply that cold hearted statistic to those people? 

I still can't see how your accusation is true. Biden did not pull out all military. 

A contingent of 600 marines and army were left to go finish up.

The Taliban wants to take on the world next. Could be everybody's problem with a swift solution yet. Who knows what might come of this.

I meant the local allied/employed Afghans.

The Taliban boss declared that no more Afghans were going to be allowed to go to the airport.   Biden's people are tossing around numbers of Americans that have been evacuated and many of his other claims about the situation have been PROVEN to be lies.  I said yesterday or the day before that this is exactly what he'd do and if his media 5th column cover him on it, we will never know how many citizens were left to die or be ransomed.

This nation should be so outraged that DC traffic would be gridlocked for the massive protests.  Like Rand Paul said - "they can't arrest all of us"

Edited by and then

50 minutes ago, and then said:

The Taliban boss declared that no more Afghans were going to be allowed to go to the airport.   Biden's people are tossing around numbers of Americans that have been evacuated and many of his other claims about the situation have been PROVEN to be lies.  I said yesterday or the day before that this is exactly what he'd do and if his media 5th column cover him on it, we will never know how many citizens were left to die or be ransomed.

This nation should be so outraged that DC traffic would be gridlocked for the massive protests.  Like Rand Paul said - "they can't arrest all of us"

No it should not. That's ridiculous. Is that all America is these days? A place to protest?

You should be ashamed of yourself.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, psyche101 said:

No it should not. That's ridiculous. Is that all America is these days? A place to protest?

You should be ashamed of yourself.

The country is a meme.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Again, that link also states:

According to the White House, about 21,600 people were evacuated in a 24-hour period that ended on the morning of Aug. 24.

and links to

Since August 14, the U.S. has evacuated and facilitated the evacuation of approximately 58,700 people. Since the end of July, we have re-located approximately 63,900 people.

Which doesn't support your argument.

It refutes it.

How so?

All combat forces had left by July 2. Taliban had control of Kabul and the roads to the airport by July 15. How does anything happening in August refute that?

If anything it shows how hard the Biden Administration was trying to fix their monumental error of the month before.

As far as the assessment goes, he took a gamble. It was wrong. He had two options and took the one that is best for his people.

Yes he took the wrong advice and he should own it. Best for his people is debatable. I posted that there had been ZERO American deaths in Afghanistan in 2021.

Would you prefer he let more die whilst he goes around grabbing married women on private parts?

Like I said zero had died in 2021. 11 in 2020. Who was dying in your opinion?

Biden has set in place a successful vaccination program, states are coming out of lockdown, the war is over. Seems like he's doing a pretty decent job so far. Your hate for the man seems quite personal. Is it? From where I stand, he looks ten times the POTUS Trump could hope to be already.

I don't hate him. He just needs to own up to his mistakes. Which to a large degree he has. But there's still many line items he needs to address that if thered been better planning, he wouldn't have had to.

There you go again, counting lives like they are widgets. Definitely an American thing that. I never can understand how one lot of lost lives makes another group of lost lives irrelevant by numbers. That just makes no sense at all to me. You could also say a lot of people get murdered, so if you murder one or two, it's no big deal.

How about the totality of the impact of this war?

Key Findings

Over 7,000 U.S. service members and over 8,000 contractors have died in the post-9/11 wars in Iraq, Afghanistan, and elsewhere.

Over 30,177 U.S. service members and veterans of the post-9/11 wars have died by suicide.

Coalition partners have died in large numbers: approximately 177,000 uniformed Afghans, Pakistanis, Iraqis, and Syrian allies have died as of November 2019.

https://watson.brown.edu/costsofwar/costs/human/military/killed

That's all true, but making 11 killed since January 2020 sound like a genocide is a bit over the top if you ask me. Let's not turn 11 people into 20000.

So why are you eager for it to continue?

I thought you were against war mongers and that's why you didn't vote for Hillary. You can't say Biden isn't attempting to extract America from that utter waste of life and money and end this failure.

I am. There never shod have been a occupation of Afghanistan. And no second war in Iraq. Its a waste.ook at ut this way. Is it better if 2000 UA citizens are killed, or zero? Why is the potential number not zero?

How many actually remain? 

Did you apply that cold hearted statistic to those people? 

I still can't see how your accusation is true. Biden did not pull out all military. 

A contingent of 600 marines and army were left to go finish up.

The Taliban wants to take on the world next. Could be everybody's problem with a swift solution yet. Who knows what might come of this.

Those were for the Embassy. Do you believe 600 could have held the roads and airport?

14 hours ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

The country is a meme.

trump-entire-world-agrees.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, DieChecker said:

How so?

All combat forces had left by July 2. Taliban had control of Kabul and the roads to the airport by July 15. How does anything happening in August refute that?

The Taliban took the Afghanistan capital on August 15th. That's when their flag went up.What this about them being there in June? 

The US, along with Italy and Germany pulled troops from Bragnam in June. 

If anything it shows how hard the Biden Administration was trying to fix their monumental error of the month before.

What about the allies that pulled out with the US?

Yes he took the wrong advice and he should own it. Best for his people is debatable. I posted that there had been ZERO American deaths in Afghanistan in 2021.

What makes you think he hasn't owned it?

I've seen many sources crucifying him for the decision and he keeps standing behind it. 

The people you agreed to on the link I offered.

Not to mention 2.26 trillion dollars that would be handy for the economy.

I don't hate him. He just needs to own up to his mistakes. Which to a large degree he has. But there's still many line items he needs to address that if thered been better planning, he wouldn't have had to.

I think you should be more honest with yourself. 

That's all true, but making 11 killed since January 2020 sound like a genocide is a bit over the top if you ask me. Let's not turn 11 people into 20000.

And let's not undermine the immensity of the failure of the entire effort which he has finally ended.

I am. There never shod have been a occupation of Afghanistan. And no second war in Iraq. Its a waste.ook at ut this way. Is it better if 2000 UA citizens are killed, or zero? Why is the potential number not zero?

So things are finally as they should be right? 

A mess like that with religious fundamentalists willing to hide in caves for twenty years in order to win the war was never going to end neatly.

Those were for the Embassy. Do you believe 600 could have held the roads and airport?

They are army and marine troops. That refutes your claim.

Does it matter what I believe? I think 600 should have been fine for an orderly evacuation. The Taliban accelerated their actions. All you can do is work with change as it happens. If there's one thing life has taught me it's that the best laid plans can go to waste in a heartbeat.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, and then said:

I think if you have the guts to make all these statements online you should be out there involved in the protests yourself. If not you just a voice without any substance at all!;)

• Like 2

16 hours ago, DieChecker said:

How so?

The city of Kabul did not fall until August 15 2021, as of August 12 2021 commercial flights were still leaving Afghanistan as normal, after that everything fell apart. 

• Like 1