Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Unexplained

WhatsNext

I want to show two pictures taken on June 10, 2021, one half hour past noon. The times and dates can be seen on the camera's output...one second apart. Let me explain that I thought I simply had a bad chest cold with chest pains during that time, but I'd tested positive for Covid the day before the camera captured the pics. My phone alerted me that someone was in my front yard. When I went to the door I could not see anything with my naked eyes, the entire time that I stood there! The first pic showed nothing, but one second later a black figure standing upright with wings appeared but the video will not play.

Beginning a couple of days prior, my dog started acting very fearful in my presence. Such as constantly running away from me, hiding under my bed, etc. I had a 128gb SD card installed in the camera at the time but has since gone to the Cloud service (in case it happens again) because the camera's company, Netvue, advised me that they cannot assist in making the video play due to it being on the card. When I try to upload the pics here, both separately to share, it states that the upload max is 245.76KB (although one is 253KB, but the other is 3120KB). Please assist. 

Edited by WhatsNext
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Save the images on your computer.  Then, while posting select choose files and use the site editor to reduce the size until it will load.

Edited by Guyver
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Guyver said:

Save the images on your computer.  Then, while posting select choose files and use the site editor to reduce the size until it will load.

I didn't know there was a site editor.   I will try that, too.  Thanks.

• Like 1

Welcome to the Forum @WhatsNext

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Guyver said:

@Saru

There isn't a resizer on here, is there?

40 minutes ago, WhatsNext said:

When I try to upload the pics here, both separately to share, it states that the upload max is 245.76KB (although one is 253KB, but the other is 3120KB). Please assist. 

I use this online resizer. Just set the size to 245 and away you go.

https://resizefile.com/resize-image-by-kb.html

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, acute said:

@Saru

There isn't a resizer on here, is there?

Yes, there is. After you upload a pic, and have added it to your text box, you can double click on it and it gives you some options. 

il_1588xN.2898075065_phsu.thumb.jpg.3617cbda9521c0ce056975fb4dc16936.jpg

il_1588xN.2898075065_phsu.thumb.jpg.3617cbda9521c0ce056975fb4dc16936.jpg

Edited by rashore
to show a resizing
  • Thanks 3

I have an idea, as I am really struggling trying to get these 2 photos resized to post here and I really want to share them. Could I email them to someone that can do this and you resize and post them here?

15 minutes ago, WhatsNext said:

I have an idea, as I am really struggling trying to get these 2 photos resized to post here and I really want to share them. Could I email them to someone that can do this and you resize and post them here?

It isn't advisable to ask members to be emailed. However, you can use Instagram, Imgur, Google Photos, Flickr, Photobucket or other service of your choice, then link to, embed or hotlink the images to the forum.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, WhatsNext said:

I believe I did it!

One Second Before.png

The Image.jpg

Yay, they both showed up!!

Looks like a bug in the second photo. :tu:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, WhatsNext said:

Believe what you may but that's no bug! Expand it

I believe it to be a bug too but out of curiosity, what do you think it is? 

• Like 1

I've seen bugs on the camera lens, spiders and wasp. If that was the case you wouldn't be able to see that much picture, mostly bug. But try expanding it up

It looks like a reflection.

That's the buggiest looking picture of a bug I've seen on here yet. Wings, legs, bug eyes - a housefly if I was to guess.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 1

Hi WhatsNext and welcome. Rather than try and upload the whole image crop it down to the interesting bit, save it, and post that in here. 

It will produce a higher quality zoomed view and within the forum upload limit. 

Thanks for all the suggestions. And to answer your question SecretSanta, I have no idea what it is. But I've blown up the image and it doesn't look natural. I do know it's no bug or reflection. As I stated before, I was standing in the doorway looking out at the time and I saw nothing with my naked eyes. But something was activating the camera.

And yes 'moonman., it'd be the biggest bug I've ever seen either.

If I could only get the video to play

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, WhatsNext said:

Thanks for all the suggestions. And to answer your question SecretSanta, I have no idea what it is. But I've blown up the image and it doesn't look natural. I do know it's no bug or reflection. As I stated before, I was standing in the doorway looking out at the time and I saw nothing with my naked eyes. But something was activating the camera.

And yes 'moonman., it'd be the biggest bug I've ever seen either.

If I could only get the video to play

It's a normal sized bug close to the lens. Zero doubt. How it stays in relative focus I don't know, but it's far from impossible for that to happen and it isn't the the first clear-ish pic of a bug on a lens I've seen. Actually everything in frame has the same focus, from the house wall to the white trellis thing to the trees across the street. We have camera experts here that can explain how it happens far better than I can. Knowing the camera brand and the exact setup of it all would help.

You can believe what you like, but I don't need anything else to know that's nothing but a bug. There's absolutely no reason to think otherwise.

Edited by moonman
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, WhatsNext said:

I believe I did it!

One Second Before.png

The Image.jpg

To me it rather clearly looks like a hooded figure at a distance on the grass. It appears to be about the size of a person. Hooded figures are a part of the paranormal repertoire from many things I've heard. I can't tell you the who/what/why of this but the dog's behavior and your illness may be related too.

I doubt the bug explanation too by the way. It looks about 5 to 6 feet tall and at a distance. 

You said you saw nothing with your naked eye. Were you actually looking at the time of the photo? Also when you say the video would not play, do you mean something did not function the way it should? Malfunctioning electronic equipment is VERY common with the paranormal.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1