Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Manwon Lender

Defendants in Dominion defamation lawsuit over election fraud claims invoke free speech rights

29 posts in this topic

Manwon Lender

Sidney Powell, a lawyer and conservative firebrand; Rudy Giuliani, former President Donald Trump's personal attorney; and Mike Lindell, founder and chief executive of MyPillow and a prominent Trump supporter, are each facing billion-dollar lawsuits accusing them of falsely claiming that Dominion rigged the last election to help President Joe Biden. All three defendants are seeking to dismiss the lawsuit.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/defendants-in-dominion-defamation-lawsuit-over-election-fraud-claims-invoke-free-speech-rights/ar-AALpwwU

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Desertrat56
Posted (edited)

I want to see how that plays out now that Giuliani has been disbarred for that "freedom of speech".  

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Tatetopa
1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

I want to see how that plays out now that Giuliani has been disbarred for that "freedom of speech".  

Apparently freedom of speech does not include lying to the court.  Defamation and slander laws still provide a legal penalty for citizens knowingly promulgating a known lie that is hurtful to another entity. 

• Like 8

Manwon Lender
2 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

Powell and Giuliani need to pay for way they deceived the American People in the name of Donald Trump. Your both right, while freedom of speech is guaranteed to all Americans by our Nations founders they never intended or would have approved of it being used like has been. For me it's very important that these people pay a very serious price for their actions, they are as responsible as Trump is for the Capital Insurrection.

Their actions, misinformation and intentional lies still have Americans believing the election was stolen and while those who believe that are also responsible for doing so, I can forgive all Americans for falling into a trap of deception we have all been deceived at some point in our lives. But the perpetrators of this plot to subvert the Constitution and attempt to steal an election no longer deserve to be called Americans, becuase they are nothing but Traitors to everything that America stand for!!

JIMO

1 hour ago, Tatetopa said:

Apparently freedom of speech does not include lying to the court.  Defamation and slander laws still provide a legal penalty for citizens knowingly promulgating a known lie that is hurtful to another entity. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Piney
10 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Traitors to everything that America stand for!!

Can you imagine if Patton or Westmoreland were still alive and had power? Every one of these cowardly seditious muther ****ers would get the hanging or bullet they deserve. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Manwon Lender
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Piney said:

Can you imagine if Patton or Westmoreland were still alive and had power? Every one of these cowardly seditious muther ****ers would get the hanging or bullet they deserve. 

Your right, if those heroic Americans were still around Trump would not be still living in the USA, they would have him and his entire grifter family on vacation at GITMO watching the ocean tides from behind bars.

I think in the end Trump will escape all if his crimes, because Presidents protect Presidents its unspoken code of pure BS. But, his minions to include the former Secretary of State and the Attoney General along with some of the Congressmen and Senators that enabled his crimes will pay, its starting  to happen I think over the next two years a whole bunch of those idiots are going get what they deserve. :yes:

peace my brother

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 1

Desertrat56
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Their actions, misinformation and intentional lies still have Americans believing the election was stolen and while those who believe that are also responsible for doing so,

I think those that believe/believed the lies need mental health care, or education, maybe both.  At a certain point it has to become obvious that they are lying or spreading misinformation.   That being said, I just read an article about a guy who was telling everyone to get vaccinated, and died 5 weeks after his second shot.  The article brought in the 911 conspiracy and that man's death (though they didn't mention how he died, he could have been hit by a bus) in such a way that for me it was obvious they were making up links to convince people the government was using the vaccine to kill us.   The thing is the person who posted that link on another forum is not stupid, and he did get vaccinated (like me insisted on the J&J) but he did like Trump and he leans towards conspiracy.   

Now, I do think there are conspiracies to hide truths from us, and it isn't "The Government" as a whole, it is dark sources who are siphoning off federal money for their own misanthropic purposes, which includes experimenting on innocent individuals and spreading manipulative, fear based lies and half truths through all kinds of media.   None of it is government sanctioned programs, it is megalomaniacs with a lot of money controlling small groups in the military and other government agencies.  But they do not want to kill us, they want us alive so we can make more and more money for them.  

So here I go changing the subject.  But I think some of this is funded and encouraged by those misanathopes that I just mentioned.  It serves them to keep everyone at each other's throats and confused and fearful.   Easy to manipulate a large group of divided individuals.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Manwon Lender
3 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I think those that believe/believed the lies need mental health care, or education, maybe both.  At a certain point it has to become obvious that they are lying or spreading misinformation.   That being said, I just read an article about a guy who was telling everyone to get vaccinated, and died 5 weeks after his second shot.  The article brought in the 911 conspiracy and that man's death (though they didn't mention how he died, he could have been hit by a bus) in such a way that for me it was obvious they were making up links to convince people the government was using the vaccine to kill us.   The thing is the person who posted that link on another forum is not stupid, and he did get vaccinated (like me insisted on the J&J) but he did like Trump and he leans towards conspiracy.   

Now, I do think there are conspiracies to hide truths from us, and it isn't "The Government" as a whole, it is dark sources who are siphoning off federal money for their own misanthropic purposes, which includes experimenting on innocent individuals and spreading manipulative, fear based lies and half truths through all kinds of media.   None of it is government sanctioned programs, it is megalomaniacs with a lot of money controlling small groups in the military and other government agencies.  But they do not want to kill us, they want us alive so we can make more and more money for them.  

So here I go changing the subject.  But I think some of this is funded and encouraged by those misanathopes that I just mentioned.  It serves them to keep everyone at each other's throats and confused and fearful.   Easy to manipulate a large group of divided individuals.

Hey DesertRat, thanks fir the post and I totally agree with you. Hopefully they will be exposed completely soon, let's face it our country can't continue down this path of misinformation and deception. Thing have to change or everything our Nation has accomplished in mire than two hundred years could completely fall apart, and that thought is frightening to me!:no:

Take Care, and say prayer for a positive change that can hopefully save our country. :tu:

• Like 2

South Alabam
16 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Sidney Powell, a lawyer and conservative firebrand; Rudy Giuliani, former President Donald Trump's personal attorney; and Mike Lindell, founder and chief executive of MyPillow and a prominent Trump supporter, are each facing billion-dollar lawsuits accusing them of falsely claiming that Dominion rigged the last election to help President Joe Biden. All three defendants are seeking to dismiss the lawsuit.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/defendants-in-dominion-defamation-lawsuit-over-election-fraud-claims-invoke-free-speech-rights/ar-AALpwwU

Defamation pure and simple. Do you think people would trust Dominion products without a chance for these defendants to prove in court the slander they have brought forth of Dominion rigging the election?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

South Alabam
14 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Powell and Giuliani need to pay for way they deceived the American People in the name of Donald Trump. Your both right, while freedom of speech is guaranteed to all Americans by our Nations founders they never intended or would have approved of it being used like has been. For me it's very important that these people pay a very serious price for their actions, they are as responsible as Trump is for the Capital Insurrection.

Their actions, misinformation and intentional lies still have Americans believing the election was stolen and while those who believe that are also responsible for doing so, I can forgive all Americans for falling into a trap of deception we have all been deceived at some point in our lives. But the perpetrators of this plot to subvert the Constitution and attempt to steal an election no longer deserve to be called Americans, becuase they are nothing but Traitors to everything that America stand for!!

JIMO

I agree. Traitor Trump doesn't care about the constitution. Only himself. And I'll believe General Miley any day over an arrogant, self centered serial liar.

Of Course Trump Wanted the Military to Shoot and Kill Racial-Justice Protesters | Vanity Fair

According to Bender, when Joint Chiefs Chairman General Mark Milley and then Attorney General Bill Barr explained to Trump that they couldn’t “just shoot” people, the president came up with an alternative suggestion. “Well, shoot them in the leg—or maybe the foot,” Trump reportedly said. “But be hard on them!” (CNN reached out to Trump about the claims in Bender’s book.)

Bender also reports that Milley and former Defense Secretary Mark Esper were concerned that Trump would invoke the Insurrection Act over the protests, which he threatened to do. Obviously, such a move would have been wildly out of proportion with what was actually going on, a point Milley apparently tried to stress to Trump using visual aids.

• Like 2

Desertrat56
1 minute ago, South Alabam said:

I agree. Traitor Trump doesn't care about the constitution. Only himself. And I'll believe General Miley any day over an arrogant, self centered serial liar.

Of Course Trump Wanted the Military to Shoot and Kill Racial-Justice Protesters | Vanity Fair

According to Bender, when Joint Chiefs Chairman General Mark Milley and then Attorney General Bill Barr explained to Trump that they couldn’t “just shoot” people, the president came up with an alternative suggestion. “Well, shoot them in the leg—or maybe the foot,” Trump reportedly said. “But be hard on them!” (CNN reached out to Trump about the claims in Bender’s book.)

Bender also reports that Milley and former Defense Secretary Mark Esper were concerned that Trump would invoke the Insurrection Act over the protests, which he threatened to do. Obviously, such a move would have been wildly out of proportion with what was actually going on, a point Milley apparently tried to stress to Trump using visual aids.

This reminds me of the North Korean dictator.  Trump is in the wrong country, or maybe he should be in a rubber room wearing one of those jackets with the sleeves tied in the back.

• Haha 2

Tatetopa
5 hours ago, Piney said:

Can you imagine if Patton or Westmoreland were still alive and had power? 

Milley is the real deal and my friends who are former marines think Mattis is too.  He is still out there keeping a low profile, but I don't think he will forget his oath to defend the Constitution.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Tatetopa
5 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

I think in the end Trump will escape all if his crimes, because Presidents protect Presidents its unspoken code of pure BS. But, his minions to include the former Secretary of State and the Attoney General along with some of the Congressmen and Senators that enabled his crimes will pay, its starting  to happen I think over the next two years a whole bunch of those idiots are going get what they deserve. 

Maybe. 

I am amazed at the draft dodging puffed up poops on FOX and in Congress so actively attacking the military when none of them have ever served any cause but themselves.

I am rather shocked at Republicans who turned their backs on the capital police, but I shouldn't be.  They just want the enforcers around to keep the unwashed masses in check, so they can preserve their sweet power position.  Not all  Republicans are that way, and some Democrats are.

I don't want to be like the crowd on the other side telling us to just wait because the investigations would reveal Obama and all his henchmen and they would be punished.   We will have to wait and see.

Justice should be careful and take time to investigate and establish proof.  Sometimes the guilty get away on a technicality, so the case does need to be tight.

On the other hand, mob violence and intimidation which some folks seem to prefer doesn't require proof or evidence, just enough time to gather the mob.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Redacted File

The biggest "conspiracy theory" is that the election wasn't fraudulent.. Anyone with even the slightest bit of critical thinking skills would have questions, and the fact that all social media platforms and lamestream media attempted to censor anyone not buying the official narrative should have made even those with a raging case of T.D.S. question it. CNN changing the numbers at the last second, eye witness accounts of ballots being trashed, the B.S. story of oh a pipe burst and we stopped counting. Then there is the destruction of evidence, losing servers and passwords.. And what about the audit, if they had nothing to hide why not cooperate and make the bad orange man look even worse. The fact is everyone knows it was stolen, they just don't care because you've all been conditioned to hate everything Trump did. Corona escaping from the lab, anyone? That was a conspiracy too remember? The truth will come out. But ask yourself, WTF is going on with Pedo Joe, and how can you actually support that racist, senile pedo and all his lies in good conscience. The only ones trying to destroy America and the constitution are the corrupt Marxist leftists.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Redacted File
19 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

See, there's your problem right there.. You quote MSN like the largest peddler of propaganda for the left is going to tell the truth about anything. The same A holes who incited years of violence against police officers and the most property damage in history, now suddenly care about police and this so called assault on democracy, while simultaneously perpetrating the most egregious power grab in history. Luckily they are failing as much as they did in the sham impeachments. Why? All of it is completely unconstitutional! Which is why they are attempting to nullify it, along with history, family values and apparently common sense. If you would actually bother to gather your own information, rather than having it spoon-fed to you, you'd see that in that crowd of patriots were both antifa (leftist claim doesn't exist, while posting bail for them) and the FBI. Now they get yet another way to attempt to silence anyone not brainwashed by their lies. My question is, why do you hate America enough to support these pricks in its downfall? Cause that's what you're doing, and you know the rest of the world will be dragged down with us in this Orwellian globalist nightmare. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

spartan max2

I was curious what possible defense they could even try.

I guess this is what they landed on lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

South Alabam
1 hour ago, Redacted File said:

The biggest "conspiracy theory" is that the election wasn't fraudulent.. Anyone with even the slightest bit of critical thinking skills would have questions, and the fact that all social media platforms and lamestream media attempted to censor anyone not buying the official narrative should have made even those with a raging case of T.D.S. question it. CNN changing the numbers at the last second, eye witness accounts of ballots being trashed, the B.S. story of oh a pipe burst and we stopped counting. Then there is the destruction of evidence, losing servers and passwords.. And what about the audit, if they had nothing to hide why not cooperate and make the bad orange man look even worse. The fact is everyone knows it was stolen, they just don't care because you've all been conditioned to hate everything Trump did. Corona escaping from the lab, anyone? That was a conspiracy too remember? The truth will come out. But ask yourself, WTF is going on with Pedo Joe, and how can you actually support that racist, senile pedo and all his lies in good conscience. The only ones trying to destroy America and the constitution are the corrupt Marxist leftists.  

So the Court, some of him were appointed by Trump, and rejected these claims don't have "critical thinking skills?"

Remember these? "They are going to rig the election!" "Many dead people will vote!" "They will cheat!" "Massive voter fraud!!"   Yep, all from 2016 in case he lost, and in 2020 he played the same fiddle to the gullible. like you.

• Like 3

Tatetopa
55 minutes ago, Redacted File said:

If you would actually bother to gather your own information, rather than having it spoon-fed to you, you'd see that in that crowd of patriots were both antifa (leftist claim doesn't exist, while posting bail for them) and the FBI. Now they get yet another way to attempt to silence anyone not brainwashed by their lies. My question is, why do you hate America enough to support these pricks in its downfall?

That would be my question to you.  Why do you hate the Constitution so much?  Why do you lust for totalitarian regimes?  If you are critically thinking, why do you buy  the outrageous illogical stuff the stealers have come up with?  Mike Lindell among others claims he has proof but he will not show it.  Bamboo on the paper, Rudy that  gets caught lying in court.  Reinstatement?  There is nothing in the Constitution about that. There have been numerous audits and recounts in multiple Republican as well as Democratic states.  If you were not so afraid of the truth, why did your boys haul the ballots off to a secret location in Montana, so you can change them and rig the results?  

• Like 3

Manwon Lender
2 hours ago, Redacted File said:

See, there's your problem right there.. You quote MSN like the largest peddler of propaganda for the left is going to tell the truth about anything. The same A holes who incited years of violence against police officers and the most property damage in history, now suddenly care about police and this so called assault on democracy, while simultaneously perpetrating the most egregious power grab in history. Luckily they are failing as much as they did in the sham impeachments. Why? All of it is completely unconstitutional! Which is why they are attempting to nullify it, along with history, family values and apparently common sense. If you would actually bother to gather your own information, rather than having it spoon-fed to you, you'd see that in that crowd of patriots were both antifa (leftist claim doesn't exist, while posting bail for them) and the FBI. Now they get yet another way to attempt to silence anyone not brainwashed by their lies. My question is, why do you hate America enough to support these pricks in its downfall? Cause that's what you're doing, and you know the rest of the world will be dragged down with us in this Orwellian globalist nightmare. 

Thanks for your opinion unfortunately that's all your offering, I am not going to argue with you my comments were clear and .I stand by what .I said.

Manwon Lender
3 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Milley is the real deal and my friends who are former marines think Mattis is too.  He is still out there keeping a low profile, but I don't think he will forget his oath to defend the Constitution.

They both certainly are America Heros Tate the only difference between them and Patton, is they are little more politically Correct:lol:!

• Like 1

Manwon Lender
3 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Maybe. 

I am amazed at the draft dodging puffed up poops on FOX and in Congress so actively attacking the military when none of them have ever served any cause but themselves.

I am rather shocked at Republicans who turned their backs on the capital police, but I shouldn't be.  They just want the enforcers around to keep the unwashed masses in check, so they can preserve their sweet power position.  Not all  Republicans are that way, and some Democrats are.

I don't want to be like the crowd on the other side telling us to just wait because the investigations would reveal Obama and all his henchmen and they would be punished.   We will have to wait and see.

Justice should be careful and take time to investigate and establish proof.  Sometimes the guilty get away on a technicality, so the case does need to be tight.

On the other hand, mob violence and intimidation which some folks seem to prefer doesn't require proof or evidence, just enough time to gather the mob.

I am not surprised about the Republican Leader ship that turned their backs on the Capitol Police, they were involved in the Insurrection from behind the scenes. 

As always Tate, .I agree you my friend!:tu:

• Like 1

preacherman76

This audit is gonna show dominion acted illegally, so far in at least one county. Hopefully all that comes to light before this lawsuit is over. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

preacherman76

Yeah that’s hilarious :rolleyes:

South Alabam

I think Trump thought he had Maricopa county in the bag by pardoning Joe Arpaio even though he was convicted of ignoring court orders.

Like Trump, the hell with the constitution, I'll do things my way. And this county responded by flipping him off.

• Like 1

preacherman76
1 minute ago, South Alabam said:

I think Trump thought he had Maricopa county in the bag by pardoning Joe Arpaio even though he was convicted of ignoring court orders.

Like Trump, the hell with the constitution, I'll do things my way. And this county responded by flipping him off.

Well those court orders directed him to break federal law. So there is that. 

He did have Maricopa county in the bag. Several thousands showed up at his rallies. No one showed up to Joes. There are all kinds of people willing to testify under oath that would tell you all about it. Unfortunately they, like the American people have been told to sit down and shut up about it.