Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Dragon man' fossil may replace Neanderthals as our closest relative

Still Waters

It didn't matter how big his brain was. He and his kind were just another victim of homosapians. There are a lot of different cats, bears, and most any other types of animals. Humanity, even today, has no tolerance for different people much less another species of hominid. They went the way of so many other peoples. We wiped out entire tribes of native Americans. We probably wiped them out.

We send probes to other planets and yet we have only scratched the surface of the planet we call home. This planet has had multiple attempts at humanoids and I seriously doubt it’s done. Our bones will be dug up one day to be studied by the next ones. What will be left of us then in the same amount of time? 

1 hour ago, DanL said:

We wiped out entire tribes of native Americans. We probably wiped them out.

Yes, we are amazing disease carriers aren't we?  

I'd vote NOT a closer relative.

Think about it. H. Sapiens came out of Africa, and this has only been found in China. Sounds like a Neanderthal evolution away from us actually.

I guess maybe there might be dragon man fossils eventually found between South Africa and China, but right now it appears the two species evolved. Site appears to be north of Korean peninsula. Meaning, South Africa is 8000 miles away by land.

Could also be a follow on of a different species then Neanderthal, since they've never been found that far east.