Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Government report into UAP's released

It seems to strongly suggest aliens but the writers of the report seem to have been told not to use that word.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

28 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

It seems to strongly suggest aliens but the writers of the report seem to have been told not to use that word.

no, it does not- you're fantasizing; trying to make something out of nothing, as folk like your good self always do.

Good try but if it works for you then who am I to argue= enjoy;)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Limiting their study to 2004 or later, and then offering the excuse that they haven't enough data to reach any conclusions is a ridiculous and evasive stance. What of all the reports, known to have been collected by the military between 1943 and 2003?! This pose of deferring a conclusion indefinitely because further study is needed will not fly.

Edited by bison
improved exposition
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

I think the word you're looking for is Inconclusive.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Frankly, I'm a bit surprised that they bothered to even create such a report.  I mean, they've gotten away with essentially ignoring it all for decades.  Why take the time now?  I've found that when our government suddenly breaks its usual pattern of behavior it's due to external pressure that they can't ignore.  It will be interesting to see if there's another shoe waiting to drop.

To be clear, I don't believe in "ETs" that have traveled vast distances and spent significant time studying a species that must resemble our equivalent of insects, at best.  I have no problem believing there is intelligent life out there.  I think it would be almost foolish to imagine humanity is all there is in such a vast, unknowable environment.  The idea that they'd  come calling though... nah.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, and then said:

I've found that when our government suddenly breaks its usual pattern of behavior it's due to external pressure that they can't ignore.

Or it's a distraction. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tiggs said:

Well one thing is for certain, the biggest number of theses encounters have are completely unexplained which in the true meaning of thismakes them UFOs. Like, I expected there was no mention of Aliens which is an honest way to proceed, anything else at this time would be completely disingenuous and the report shows the Government is trying to do that all. In my opinion all the debunking videos are disingenuous and a form of disinformation and this is why I have laughed at those so called debunking videos all along. What, I don't honestly understand is why some people find it so important to disprove what has been released by the Navy, Now, the shoe is in the other foot. 

The Navy has said that some of these objects are flying in manners that are beyond our normal capacity and capabilities. At this point I still don't believe the Alien theory, in fact I don't believe these are alien craft, but even that Can't be completely ruled out until addition information is released from the Department of Defense. I think we are facing a possible threat from a foreign government or our Government is trying to intentionally use this as disinformation to freak out our enemies. Either way, until the Navy says this is a hoax, or unless they explain what is being seen like they did in one case with the ballon this threat must be taken at face value, and like they said it is a threat to our aircraft because of the lack of control of these object in our airspace. 

I believe this report is a great first step, yes certain much more research must be done but at least now the debunked BS doesn't hold water unless you are a believer that the US Navy and US Government are intentionally perpetuating a Hoax!!:tu:

JIMO

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Tiggs said:

Thank you Tiggs,this is a great thread and this information could not have come at a better time than now!:tu:

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I think the word you're looking for is Inconclusive.

I think the word I was looking for is ‘censorship’.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

If anything, it indicates that it's classified, probably military. Hence the part that said ....."could be attributable to developments and classified programs by U.S. entities"

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Since UFO sightings have been reported throughout history - from various parts of the world - for many hundreds of years.

Then it's common sense that not all of them are technology from planet earth.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Malawi said:

If anything, it indicates that it's classified, probably military. Hence the part that said ....."could be attributable to developments and classified programs by U.S. entities"

Yea I think your right, it could be a classified project that the government is using as a false flag fir our enemies!:tu:

Gey, 

i just noticed your new, welcome to the forum my friend!:tu:

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, oldnatcole said:

I'm beginning to wonder that myself.

Your new also, welcome to the forum!:tu:

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, LightAngel said:

Then it's common sense that not all of them are technology from planet earth.

Some are rock, birds, and figments of the human imagination. At this point in time I'd add personal drones to that list. Falling satellites as well. Along with general human stupidity. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

What did you expect? If they witnessed one with little green men behind the wheel they couldn’t prove it’s aliens. It could be another nation pretending to be aliens. The idea behind releasing this information wasn’t to inform the world we know aliens are real. It was to explain the Unidentified aerial phenomenon they had witnessed and give us their opinion on it nothing more. As it stands it’s still unidentified and unexplained. So basically now you are just as confused as you were before. And so are they about it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

I think everything is possible here.

Some of the UFOs could be aliens, and I think that scares many people.

When you investigate, then you can't rule out anything unless you find proof.

If you start an investigation by saying it's not aliens (without proof), then you have already gone astray.

You have also gone astray if you start an investigation by saying it is aliens.

You get my point! :D

• Like 1

Well I hope they didn't use the good paper on this report. 

They could Have saved time and money and just written

Yes there are UFOs - but please call them UAPs. We have no further information.

Edited by RAyMO
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

It’s an interesting read but it essentially just maintains the status quo, it doesn’t rule out the possibility that some UAP's are extraterrestrial in origin but it certainly doesn’t offer any evidence that they are either. How could it? The reports  author acknowledges a collection bias in that all the evidence that they’ve investigated are military related, predominantly naval and they clearly present no evidence to suggest these objects came from outside our atmosphere or that they were being controlled by non human intelligence.

Like I say though it’s an interesting read  and hopefully a first step in bringing some credibility to the field of study. I did like the proposal of tackling the collection bias problem by using algorithms to investigate archival radar data, I'm also encouraged by the attempts to standardise the reporting across all government agencies. They mention of course the USAF and the FAA but there was no acknowledgement of NASA which we're also led to believe is now conducting it's own investigation into the phenomena so hopefully they too will coordinate their efforts.

hopefully the release of the document does go someway towards reducing the stigma of coming forward to report sightings. On the other hand the cynic in me can’t help but feel that the story will essentially be buried by other news. Certainly in the UK this is hardly headline stuff and is already being overshadowed by the Derek Chauvin sentencing and Matt Hancock infidelity/social distance breaching stories.

There’s also some indications in the report that the UAP task force are limited in both their authority and funding. For example the report specifically mentioning that they were unable to confirm whether any of these sightings could have been classified US government technology strongly suggests  that particular clearance level was clearly above their pay grades. They also reference the cost involved in terms of pursuing particular avenues of investigation. Certainly this report will be talked about for many years in groups like this but will it really bring the subject into the mainstream and encourage further credible investigation or disclosure? Personally I have my doubts.

Edited by M 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RAyMO said:

Well I hope they didn't use the good paper on this report. 

They could Have saved time and money and just written

Yes there are UFOs - but please call them UAPs. We have no further information.

Well they did more than that actually, all those videos that claimed to be debunking the UAP videos are trash can material now. Unless the debunkers want to say that the US Government and the US Navy are behind the Conspiracy and hoax. At least now we know according the Government the objects can travel faster then anything we have,  can maneuver in ways we cant match, and while I dont believe they are alien, I do believe they are really unidentified so while its moving a snails pace it is still moving!! 

Peace dude.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Manwon Lender said:

Well they did more than that actually, all those videos that claimed to be debunking the UAP videos are trash can material now. Unless the debunkers want to say that the US Government and the US Navy are behind the Conspiracy and hoax. At least now we know according the Government the objects can travel faster then anything we have,  can maneuver in ways we cant match, and while I dont believe they are alien, I do believe they are really unidentified so while its moving a snails pace it is still moving!! 

Peace dude.

Yes that is all true. My comment was perhaps a bit on the flippant side. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, RAyMO said:

Yes that is all true. My comment was perhaps a bit on the flippant side. 

Nah, its was cool and I mean we are all skeptical about this, I mean this information is changing the name of the game. The weird part is why is the US Government releasing information like this now, it seems strange and to say anything else is just speculation and nothing more. So really I dont blame you and really I do feel the same way, I am just trying to put together as much information as I can that is factual from the current releases by the US Government.

I hope you realize I am not some conspiracy nut, claiming that the aliens are coming, because I dont believe that at all. But, one thing I am glad about, all these so called debunkers also can't pull out the doctored videos anymore and claim this all a fake news hoax. If they continue to make their claims they are being disingenuous, because really now either the US Government is behind a hoax, is covering something up, or is trying divert attention away from something else, or just maybe they really can explain what's happening either.:yes:

My friend only time will tell and I suspect that time is coming pretty soon!!:tu:

Peace.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1