Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Out Of Body Experiences

Brandy333

Out-of-Body Experience: What’s Really Happening (healthline.com)

Do you think you've ever had an out of body experience (OBE)?   I think I did recently while in the hospital.   I'm not sure, but in my opinion some of the things I went through went beyond hallucinations, and that was the first time I'd had them too.   It was unbelievable.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

yes

Off I've got the astral travel CDs out-of-body CDs but gives me help and info on my gift on my mediumship

• Like 1

I have never had such an experience but would love it.

I understand it to be a temporary separation of the normally interpenetrating astral/mental body from the physical body. In that sense it is of the same class of phenomena as 'Astral Projection' and 'Near Death Experiences'.

• Like 3

I used to have OBE often when I was a kid.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I used to have OBE often when I was a kid.

What do you think they were?

I know body out of experience is like astral travel in the morning you wake up on the morning but blankets and duvet as in the floor and I'm not talk yesterday in church I know I've had a quite a few of them experiences going back in time and to the future and dreams astral travel because I'm gifted not realising her gift at 8 on till now

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Brandy333 said:

Do you think you've ever had an out of body experience (OBE)? 

Not personally, but I've read and heard enough stories - especially in relation to near-death experiences - to believe that there's something to it.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

What do you think they were?

I am not sure, but when I was older I did experiments to see if I really was "traveling" somewhere that I could see what was really going on.   I was able to verify that when I purposely traveled what I saw was really going on.   My cousin was my guinea pig in several different kinds of experiments (her brother also used her as a guinea pig in his experiments, usually his concerned mind control)

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Desertrat56 said:

I am not sure, but when I was older I did experiments to see if I really was "traveling" somewhere that I could see what was really going on.   I was able to verify that when I purposely traveled what I saw was really going on.   My cousin was my guinea pig in several different kinds of experiments (her brother also used her as a guinea pig in his experiments, usually his concerned mind control)

Thanks. That's really fascinating as the skeptics must of course insist it is some type of hallucinatory experience but their model cannot account for knowledge of events at a distance as you describe or Veridical Near Death Experiences where experiencers know mundane physical world details they couldn't reasonably have learned through normal channels.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Thanks. That's really fascinating as the skeptics must of course insist it is some type of hallucinatory experience but their model cannot account for knowledge of events at a distance as you describe or Veridical Near Death Experiences where experiencers know mundane physical world details they couldn't reasonably have learned through normal channels.

Yes, however, I never wanted to prove anything to anyone else, I just wanted to prove to myself so that I could better understand what was happening.   It was a way for me to rule out weird dreams or imagination.  

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Desertrat56 said:

Yes, however, I never wanted to prove anything to anyone else, I just wanted to prove to myself so that I could better understand what was happening.   It was a way for me to rule out weird dreams or imagination.  

But remember your proving is important to us that are not as gifted at having such experiences.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

But remember your proving is important to us that are not as gifted at having such experiences.

But I have no proof for any one but myself.  I can relate anecdotes, explaining my experiments and the results, but it is not proof because I don't know of anyone else who has reproduced the same experiments with the same results.  I was a kid so I don't even have anything written down any more.

• Like 6

Just now, Desertrat56 said:

But I have no proof for any one but myself.  I can relate anecdotes, explaining my experiments and the results, but it is not proof because I don't know of anyone else who has reproduced the same experiments with the same results.  I was a kid so I don't even have anything written down any more.

However your testimony is valuable to me (although I don't consider anyone perfect). The key is  not to get too hung up on those that want to insist it is just a hallucination. They will never be satisfied. 

Many people have reported veridical (details at a distance) during Out of Body Experiences and even controlled experiments has shown something not understood seems to be occurring. 

• Like 2

I've nearly died twice. Had one NDE from it. Yet after talking to both my parents, the whole experience was just my semi-conscious brain "recording" things. So no woo woo OBE. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Brandy333 said:

Out-of-Body Experience: What’s Really Happening (healthline.com)

Do you think you've ever had an out of body experience (OBE)?   I think I did recently while in the hospital.   I'm not sure, but in my opinion some of the things I went through went beyond hallucinations, and that was the first time I'd had them too.   It was unbelievable.

In Iraq in the 1990s, the light armored vehicle I was in was hit by an IED, the last thing I remembered was the explosion and the sensation of move / turning upside down. Days later I woke up, Germany in the hospital, my doctor told me I died twice, and I had suffered a blown out Ear Drum, 3 fractured Vertebra, and a Tramatic Brain Injury. Unfortunately Brandy i did have an out of body experience, that I have ever remembered. 

Sorry Brandy , I could not help!:tu:

• Thanks 1

One aspect of this experience was weird, in that when I reached out to touch something like a piece of furniture my hand would seem to go through it.  I wondered if I had died, but other things I could touch okay.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Brandy333 said:

Yes.  I won't go into details, but an incident happened, and my only memory of it is watching myself struggling to stay conscious.

• Like 3

One strange aspect of this experience, of which in other posts I mentioned the belief I had encountered aliens (most likely brought on by a medicine I was trying), is that now I have a fairly large irregular circle of dark reddish-brown patch on the top pf my right wrist.   It wasn't there before and has been there now about 3 weeks, no pain or itching and has not much sign of going away.   Have I been marked? :lol: Yikes !?!?!?

Since I heard that philosophy on Sunday night at church travel astral travel now my my plants was all over the place on I was a kid even now but everyone else has an adult what's been going on astral travel people do not realise it especially Gifted Stirchley gifted weather connect to the spirit world I'm one of them people that's good to know I'm not other one astral travel out of body experiences is amazing

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Brandy333 said:

One strange aspect of this experience, of which in other posts I mentioned the belief I had encountered aliens (most likely brought on by a medicine I was trying), is that now I have a fairly large irregular circle of dark reddish-brown patch on the top pf my right wrist.   It wasn't there before and has been there now about 3 weeks, no pain or itching and has not much sign of going away.   Have I been marked? :lol: Yikes !?!?!?

It sounds like a liver spot.  The medicine you were taking may have affected your liver.   You can get it checked to verify.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

It sounds like a liver spot.  The medicine you were taking may have affected your liver.   You can get it checked to verify.

I'm not serious about being marked, but if it doesn't show signs of fading I'll have it looked at.

• Like 1

Years back OBE and AT AP type ideas intrigued me as i thought it might just be possible, i did research which is tough to get past the "stories" which are dramatic are not good evidence.

I talked to a lot of people who believed in it and that they had experenced it but again all i had was stories no smoking gun evidence so at this point i believe it all starts and ends in the believers minds,  many of the believers i spoke to would agree that it very well was a personal thing a mind trip but still very real to them.

I do keep it in my "unsure" folder, no one has stepped up for my AP/AT challenge and since the NDE or OBE is basically a lucid vivid dream im good with it for now.

On a side note a buddy RIP who would take LSD told me that many times what he experenced was as real as anything ever was in his life yet he knew it was only in his mind.

Some folks do not have such a well defined line between imagination,delusional, etc and reality.

On 6/29/2021 at 5:47 AM, Brandy333 said:

Plenty of them. It's a valid phenomena, though it's not what the airy fairy claim it is. I found the idea of "astral projection" fascinating so I taught myself to do it. It didn't really take that long and from then it was something that happened regularly on its own. That was a long time ago though, doesn't happen often now.

There can be beautiful feelings of elation associated with it, colours are more vibrant and so on. You can do things that you can't in normal life, such as fly. It can also be dark and foreboding at times. With enough experience you can see that the whole thing is both created and controlled by the mind (both conscious and subconscious). So it's a type of fantasy.

The problem is staying conscious for long enough, without slipping into a normal dream state. In reality it's simply being aware and conscious and having some control while in a dream. So "lucid dreaming" is a different way of achieving the same thing.

The methods themselves, despite the nonsense associated with many of them, really just involve being aware and following the process of going to sleep. This is easier said the done as focusing on this can stop people going to sleep, lose focus at all and you'll drift off to sleep normally. Get it right though and all sorts of sensation become apparent and you can find yourself floating.

Not sure why some people can do this and others seem unable to, but it's worth more scientific study.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Horta said:

Plenty of them. It's a valid phenomena, though it's not what the airy fairy claim it is. I found the idea of "astral projection" fascinating so I taught myself to do it. It didn't really take that long and from then it was something that happened regularly on its own. That was a long time ago though, doesn't happen often now.

There can be beautiful feelings of elation associated with it, colours are more vibrant and so on. You can do things that you can't in normal life, such as fly. It can also be dark and foreboding at times. With enough experience you can see that the whole thing is both created and controlled by the mind (both conscious and subconscious). So it's a type of fantasy.

The problem is staying conscious for long enough, without slipping into a normal dream state. In reality it's simply being aware and conscious and having some control while in a dream. So "lucid dreaming" is a different way of achieving the same thing.

The methods themselves, despite the nonsense associated with many of them, really just involve being aware and following the process of going to sleep. This is easier said the done as focusing on this can stop people going to sleep, lose focus at all and you'll drift off to sleep normally. Get it right though and all sorts of sensation become apparent and you can find yourself floating.

Not sure why some people can do this and others seem unable to, but it's worth more scientific study.

Thanks for your info, it's interesting.   One thing that happens sometimes, it did the other night and seems to be right before falling asleep, I feel like I'm falling back into my body with a jolt.   Sometimes a hard jolt.   Ever have that?

• Like 1