Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Out Of Body Experiences

Brandy333

The govt said it had some type of success with out of body experiences.  Google the CIA Gateway Experience 

It involves listening to a tone that syncs your right and left brain hemispheres.  The recordings are like a hypnosis session.  I've listened to a few, the 1st time you Def notice the brain hemispheres syncing up.  I did anyway.  But they're just 30 min or so recordings and aways the same starting sequence.  So it's hard to go through them all because at the end they always want u to go back to normal.  By the 6th or 7th recording they try to get you to leave your body.  Didn't happen for me.  But ill probably try again at some point.  If anyone is interested it's probably a good place to start.  Google the cia document to read through it.  The recordings are on YouTube, I'm guessing they're the real thing but I don't know for sure.   Most interesting thing is that this was in the 80s I think and the govt scientists were saying we live in a simulated holographic universe.  We are in the matrix.

On 9/2/2022 at 12:31 AM, TheLoneNut said:

The govt said it had some type of success with out of body experiences.  Google the CIA Gateway Experience 

It involves listening to a tone that syncs your right and left brain hemispheres.  The recordings are like a hypnosis session.  I've listened to a few, the 1st time you Def notice the brain hemispheres syncing up.  I did anyway.  But they're just 30 min or so recordings and aways the same starting sequence.  So it's hard to go through them all because at the end they always want u to go back to normal.  By the 6th or 7th recording they try to get you to leave your body.  Didn't happen for me.  But ill probably try again at some point.  If anyone is interested it's probably a good place to start.  Google the cia document to read through it.  The recordings are on YouTube, I'm guessing they're the real thing but I don't know for sure.   Most interesting thing is that this was in the 80s I think and the govt scientists were saying we live in a simulated holographic universe.  We are in the matrix.

It’s definitely a mental exercise, but like any exercise the more you do it the stronger you get. I usually tell people who want to learn to do a 30 day challenge. Don’t worry about any results in the first three weeks. No guarantee, but it ups the odds. 

Best advice I can give really is when you lay down to meditate, be in the best mood you can be. Think happy places, happy thoughts. I have had my best results when in that state. Plus being in what some folks would call a high vibrational state will help you avoid something scary waiting when you first get out. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/28/2021 at 2:47 PM, Brandy333 said:

Out-of-Body Experience: What’s Really Happening (healthline.com)

Do you think you've ever had an out of body experience (OBE)?   I think I did recently while in the hospital.   I'm not sure, but in my opinion some of the things I went through went beyond hallucinations, and that was the first time I'd had them too.   It was unbelievable.

There is "Yoga Nidra", a good book on it is referred by:

• ISBN-10 ‏ : ‎ 8185787123
  • ISBN-13 ‏ : ‎ 978-8185787121

• 5 months later...

I experienced it once when I was in my early 20s...I was 23 so it was 20 years ago. Anyway, I had fallen asleep after a long day and the next thing I knew I was starring at the wall standing next to it. When I looked behind me I knew I was in my room. I then looked to my right and there I was, laying in bed it was a little bit blurry. You're all not going to believe what I did next. I started looking in the mirror, and making faces....I have no idea why! To this day I can't explain it. There was a reflection, but it was so blurry. I also heard myself laughing. Next thing I remember is I walked to the door, and as I turned the doorknob to open it someone had stopped me, and then I woke up. My guess is there was another realm behind the door. I think if I would have opened it I would have never awakened from my sleep. :sm

• Like 3

14 hours ago, jasmin_13 said:

I started looking in the mirror, and making faces....I have no idea why! 

That is a mystery to me because the first time it happened to me I was too scared to see the humor of the situation, but I guess we all act differently when we are scared?!

I do question your story, just like I question science - there can be no other way in our search for the truth!

Thank you for sharing this - I joined this forum because I love mysteries so I really enjoyed reading your story.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, LightAngel said:

That is a mystery to me because the first time it happened to me I was too scared to see the humor of the situation, but I guess we all act differently when we are scared?!

I do question your story, just like I question science - there can be no other way in our search for the truth!

Thank you for sharing this - I joined this forum because I love mysteries so I really enjoyed reading your story.

I can't believe that was 20 years ago. It's like it happened just yesterday! :) 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I think that OBE is possible. Once I did a technique in which the goal is to look at yourself as you would look through camera in front of you. And I moved from my body maybe an inch or two. I was able to repeat that same experience a couple of seconds ago. But I didn't go further as I was scared and I wasn't alone in the room. I never managed to to this again, probably because of high expectations.

I've just tried this again and failed.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, TrumanB said:

I think that OBE is possible. Once I did a technique in which the goal is to look at yourself as you would look through camera in front of you. And I moved from my body maybe an inch or two. I was able to repeat that same experience a couple of seconds ago. But I didn't go further as I was scared and I wasn't alone in the room. I never managed to to this again, probably because of high expectations.

I've just tried this again and failed.

Fear will hold you back.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

Fear will hold you back.  

Yes, I had the same fear when I tried some method for lucid dreaming. Felt something weird and got scared like a chicken. lol

• Like 2

For all the lucid dreaming I do nightly, I purposely avoid OBEs. I have a lot of health issues and just would rather stay in my body. As a kid I'm pretty sure I had a few OBEs where it felt like I woke up on the ceiling and couldn't get back down and panicked, then woke up. 

• Like 4

Most people attempting this fail due to the fear of not getting back, myself included. It does offer some insight as to what happens to us on death and some personal proof that the spirit is a separate entity. The farthest I've got was sitting up in bed and seeing myself still lying down, it's hard to leave your body behind.

• Thanks 1