Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Bigfoot' stories abound in upstate New York


UM-Bot
 Share

Recommended Posts

 
Quote

"There was big footprints through my whole yard and hair stuck in my fence."

Could this article have told us a little more perhaps?

But anyway, more evidence to suggest the ridiculously large range of this creature but still no body dead or alive. How can that be? To me more stories just adds a few more straws of weight for my leading theory that Bigfoot is real but possesses mysterious attributes we would label 'paranormal'.

Edited by Saru
Removed derisory remark.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

To me more stories just adds a few more straws of weight for my leading theory that Bigfoot is real but possesses mysterious attributes we would label 'paranormal'.

And to me more stories with zero evidence or proof to support them just adds a few more straws of weight to my thinking that all these are is stories fueled by imagination.

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, the13bats said:

And to me more stories with zero evidence or proof to support them just adds a few more straws of weight to my thinking that all these are is stories fueled by imagination.

But imaginations don't leave physical evidence!!

Quote

"There was big footprints through my whole yard and hair stuck in my fence."

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

They say they have witnesses, footprints and hair and all deluded people can say about it is "zero evidence" and "it's just everyone's imagination". Kind of sad really.  

Edited by Nnicolette
Words didnt show up
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Nnicolette said:

They say they have witnesses, footprints and hair and all deluded people can say about it is "zero evidence" and "it's just everyone's imagination". Kind of sad really.  

You're right, it is sad what people consider evidence.  Anecdotes are poor evidence as they are unverifiable and unfalsifiable, footprints can, and are faked, exactly zero hair has ever tested as novel primate, and we know for a fact that people lie, delude themselves, and misidentify stuff all the time. What we don't have is any sort of biological evidence for footie like bones, a skull, fossils, roadkill footie, a piece of a part of a footie, a whole footie .That's solid evidence, and if provided, I'd be glad to say, "Yup, there's a footie." Or a footie foot, or whatever.

Edited by Resume
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

But imaginations don't leave physical evidence!!

 

 

30 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:
  Quote

"There was big footprints through my whole yard and hair stuck in my fence."

 

15 minutes ago, Nnicolette said:

They say they have witnesses, footprints and hair and all deluded people can say about it is "zero evidence" and "it's just everyone's imagination". Kind of sad really.  

 

Its very sad actually that ego drives dear true believers to the point of ad hominem when asked for the evidence to support the claims they make.

:sleepy:

Okay, here was go,

Alleged bigfoot hair and i will add skat to that, top DNA experts have welcomed BF believers to present their best samples, the believers beat their fists it could only be from a BF yet lab testing results always showed known common animals,

not once was a legitimate sample test results retuned with unknown hominid DNA however if you have an actual published for peer review scientic paper that says otherwise please post it, and no, self published tripe by flakes doesnt count.

Next, tracks, since we do not have the foot that made the track its very weak and when ( non agenda based ) actual experts in the field look at castings they all fall short of reflecting actual plausible anatomy, in other words they are fakes, however if you have a foot that made a track please share it with us and we can wrap this up right here.

And then the claims and stories from witnesses, would you believe some stranger if they said your partner was cheating on you at story alone or would you want more evidence? I certanally hope the latter.

Courts listen to the eye witness knowing memory fails and morphs and people make mistakes, would you be willing to hang a person on someones "story" with no supporting evidence? I certanally hope not but i know how the ego can run wild with believers.

If you want to be taken serious stop ruining your credibility making childish pokes at those who do not believe "stories" at face value, present your best evidence to support your beliefs and if stories is all you have please do not take it out on people who desire a bit more than a tall tale.

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Nnicolette said:

"it's just everyone's imagination".

Its not that simple, its proven people see what they want to see, they go ghost or bigfoot hunting and many return braying how they sure did see a spooky or BF.

While i do fully know some folks are just full of bull and we also have hoaxers and charlatans i also accept some folks are fooled or mistaken and wrong or mentally ill, delusional.

We have all seen something that we didnt know what it really was there was a stimulus but this is where the road devides, the rational logical path doesnt jump from "i dont know" to "so it must be (paranormal) "

Its a bit close minded for a believer to accept paranormal as the only possible explanation, in fact since nothing paranormal has ever been proven common sense should dictate that all other prosaic possibilities are ruled out then if a person wants to call it paranormal they also need to accept its not "proven" paranormal its just being called that by default, ill call it unexplained which doesnt mean unexplainable.

People need to try not to let egos get in the way, while talents vary there are no special people with magical gifts if there were we would have proof not lame excuses and ad hominem.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

But imaginations don't leave physical evidence!!

 

Alleged. None presented for examination. How convenient.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Trelane said:

Alleged. None presented for examination. How convenient.

My Bigfoot is inbisible!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, the13bats said:

 

 

 

Its very sad actually that ego drives dear true believers to the point of ad hominem when asked for the evidence to support the claims they make.

:sleepy:

Okay, here was go,

Alleged bigfoot hair and i will add skat to that, top DNA experts have welcomed BF believers to present their best samples, the believers beat their fists it could only be from a BF yet lab testing results always showed known common animals,

not once was a legitimate sample test results retuned with unknown hominid DNA however if you have an actual published for peer review scientic paper that says otherwise please post it, and no, self published tripe by flakes doesnt count.

Next, tracks, since we do not have the foot that made the track its very weak and when ( non agenda based ) actual experts in the field look at castings they all fall short of reflecting actual plausible anatomy, in other words they are fakes, however if you have a foot that made a track please share it with us and we can wrap this up right here.

And then the claims and stories from witnesses, would you believe some stranger if they said your partner was cheating on you at story alone or would you want more evidence? I certanally hope the latter.

Courts listen to the eye witness knowing memory fails and morphs and people make mistakes, would you be willing to hang a person on someones "story" with no supporting evidence? I certanally hope not but i know how the ego can run wild with believers.

If you want to be taken serious stop ruining your credibility making childish pokes at those who do not believe "stories" at face value, present your best evidence to support your beliefs and if stories is all you have please do not take it out on people who desire a bit more than a tall tale.

 

I'm not certain but I think it was Krantz that did a morphology on an alleged footie hair, declared it novel primate or some such, but now it is unavailable for DNA testing because . . .  reasons.  Of course hair morphology is not the most objective of tests, especially when testing a footie hair when there are no other footie hairs with which to compare.

Edited by Resume
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
14 minutes ago, ercbreeze said:

So, did they test the alleged hair and cast the footprints?  Probably not--don't want it to turn up being a bear.

Or in other words, per usual.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Trelane said:

Alleged. None presented for examination. How convenient.

Oh actually as i babbled before lots of alleged bigfoot hair is presented for DNA testing and 100% is not unknown hominid so epic fail there.

 

50 minutes ago, Resume said:

I'm not certain but I think it was Krantz that did a morphology on an alleged footie hair, declared it novel primate or some such, but now it is unavailable for DNA testing because . . .  reasons.  Of course hair morphology is not the most objective of tests, especially when testing a footie hair when there are no other footie hairs with which to compare.

A lot of the self appointed BF experts made all kinds of claims with zero to back up said claims,

I have documentaries from the 70s where some "expert" will look at a hair and say, it must be bigfoot,

Today that b.s. only floats with the most deluded bf believers as again i repeat no hair has ever tested as being from an unknown hominid.

As far as dear true believer krantz goes he made up all kinds of stuff like his "story" about the bigfoot family, social structure which of course was only based on what he made up as he went along.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The late Rene Dahinden was so impressed with Krantz that it caused him to observe..."the greatest obstacle for a bigfoot researcher is having a Ph.D" lol.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I place r dahinden side by side with john green,

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There are some states that passed laws where it's illegal to shoot a bigfoot while Arkansas wants to have an open season on them.

Kinda odd when there's no hard evidence that one exist.:blink:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/29/2021 at 5:05 PM, Resume said:

I'm not certain but I think it was Krantz that did a morphology on an alleged footie hair, declared it novel primate or some such, but now it is unavailable for DNA testing because . . .  reasons.  Of course hair morphology is not the most objective of tests, especially when testing a footie hair when there are no other footie hairs with which to compare.

Which tells me allot.   A huge furry creature would leave hairs when walking through bristles yet hair is almost never found when people claim to have seen or video's a bigfoot.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Yes. Yes! I just luvs me my BigFoots stories :wub:

Here are more Upper New York State BigFeets stories. Great for campfire sharing while eating smores - yummy!! Upper State New York BigFoot Stories - LINK

Happy days. :rolleyes:

If I were telling campfires stories these days, I'd use a bear as the antagonist as they're actually a danger.

https://www.eastidahonews.com/2021/07/grizzly-bear-attacks-kills-camper-in-western-montana/

https://www.themeateater.com/conservation/wildlife-management/alberta-has-second-fatal-grizzly-attack-in-3-weeks

Fly-fishing author and general raconteur John Gierach used the term bearanoia to describe the spooked feeling you'd get telling and listening to scary bear stories while camping in bear country; but can it really be called bearanoia if the Yogis are actually after you?

Edited by Resume
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Resume said:

If I were telling campfires stories these days, I'd use a bear as the antagonist as they're actually a danger.

https://www.eastidahonews.com/2021/07/grizzly-bear-attacks-kills-camper-in-western-montana/

https://www.themeateater.com/conservation/wildlife-management/alberta-has-second-fatal-grizzly-attack-in-3-weeks

Fly-fishing author and general raconteur John Gierach used the term bearanoia to describe the spooked feeling you'd get telling and listening to scary bear stories while camping in bear country; but can it really be called bearanoia if the Yogis are actually after you?

Bears are cool. But I think the kids know that bears sleep at night. Plus, Yogi bear and Smokey bear are loveable, not really scary and mysterious.

The important part though, is the smores! 

 

image.jpeg.a78f013349e215569ed3c24f81392694.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Bears are cool. But I think the kids know that bears sleep at night. Plus, Yogi bear and Smokey bear are loveable, not really scary and mysterious.

The important part though, is the smores! 

 

image.jpeg.a78f013349e215569ed3c24f81392694.jpeg

Except the ones that don't, re:Night of the Grizzlies.  It's a good read, if a bit melodramatic . . .  kinda like a campfire story. Too, bears being real and actual predators of humans adds to the story.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/30/2021 at 4:30 AM, Nnicolette said:

They say they have witnesses, footprints and hair and all deluded people can say about it is "zero evidence" and "it's just everyone's imagination". Kind of sad really.  

It's not sad, it's the most likely conclusion. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Just popping in to establish my new standard Bigfoot claim response gif in this thread.

tenor.gif?itemid=15970871

Harte

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.