Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Haunted' ruins of ancient village up for sale

Eldorado

The three-acre site includes a private beach, semi-ancient native woodland and trout fishing rights.

It also includes Old Lawers Church, built in 1669, a mill, a kiln, the House of Lawers and apparently the ghost of its last occupant, a woman who predicted the invention of trains and steamships.

The Lady of Lawers is believed to haunt the village still and is remembered for making various prophecies, some of which seem to have come true.

Full Sky news report at MSN

Lady of Lawers: Wikipedia

The Lady of Lawers: Part 1: YouTube

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

Spooky sells, just check out haunted on feebay

• Sad 2

36 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

The three-acre site includes a private beach, semi-ancient native woodland and trout fishing rights.

It also includes Old Lawers Church, built in 1669, a mill, a kiln, the House of Lawers and apparently the ghost of its last occupant, a woman who predicted the invention of trains and steamships.

The Lady of Lawers is believed to haunt the village still and is remembered for making various prophecies, some of which seem to have come true.

Full Sky news report at MSN

Lady of Lawers: Wikipedia

The Lady of Lawers: Part 1: YouTube

That's a ton of fun, I always think it's neat when it's a whole village or site for sale like this. Kind of a deal that it includes a private beach and trout fishing rights. Nice to have a bit of old folklore attached to it. 

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, rashore said:

Nice to have a bit of old folklore attached to it. 

That is great i love it about my little place however imnsho some sellers do not call their alleged haunted item or property "folklore" or make clear the fact its not proven haunted a point

but rather play it up as a fact its haunted and some do pay believing as such since nothing haunted has ever been proven its at the least a sham in my mind and seems agenda based on profits, i base that on 20 dollar items being sold for 100s when "haunted" is tacked on.

Of course if both parties "believe" wheres the harm i guess that is up for personal perceptions. Opinions do vary.

The landlord in a sheepish albeit light hearted way made it clear that the seller was adaman iur joint was haunted yet made it clear she personally felt that claim was hooey.

I joked back asking if i could sue if it proved not to be haunted.

At the very least the OP property is just breathtakingly stunning.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, acute said:

I'm predicting another Trump golf course. :yes:

Oh, don't drag that around into the thread. Ugh.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

This is a town that I wish I could own

I could sleep in a different house every night for a month then call the maids.:lol:

• Like 2