Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Police in Kuwait arrest man who complained about the weather in TikTok video

Still Waters

Police in Kuwait have arrested a resident, an Egyptian man, for posting a video online in which he rants about bad weather and dust storms.

The arrest underscored the country’s restrictions on expression and drew criticism on social media over his detention.

Kuwait’s Ministry of Interior said the person behind the “offensive” video was arrested and referred to authorities, which would “take the necessary legal action against him”.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/world/arid-40324280.html

• Sad 4

12 minutes ago, Still Waters said:

Police in Kuwait have arrested a resident, an Egyptian man, for posting a video online in which he rants about bad weather and dust storms.

The arrest underscored the country’s restrictions on expression and drew criticism on social media over his detention.

Kuwait’s Ministry of Interior said the person behind the “offensive” video was arrested and referred to authorities, which would “take the necessary legal action against him”.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/world/arid-40324280.html

Probably arrested for the expletive's and not for complaining about the weather.  Not that I'm justifying that but news organizations should try to be accurate.

• Thanks 1

I heard you'll never stop the rain by complaining; but, never knew of potential sanctions.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

Probably arrested for the expletive's and not for complaining about the weather.  Not that I'm justifying that but news organizations should try to be accurate.

Yup.

Like the Middle East folks I've met always like to say, "even Saddam couldn't stand them Kuwaitis "

~

wow.

just.... wow.