Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ouija Problems

rhyknow

I am in contact with a person who has messed around with a ouija board. She thinks she may have something in her home or centering to her daughter. Does anyone know how to get rid of spirits (malignant or otherwise) that come from the board?

It is imperative that you reply to this post or to rhyknow@gmail.com

Thanks,

James thumbsup.gif

Lonecat here, Hello!

Your, problem with the Ouija board is something new to me but it sounds as though this may have happened in ancient times and gave rise to the legend of Pandora's Box. The only thing I can suggest is that you and the person who " let the cat out of the bag" have another, very serious session in the same place as before and invoke positive forces to help you get rid of the negative ones. It seems to me that the original session was "left open". These sessions should ALWAYS be closed at the end. You have only to declare "This Ouija session is now closed!" Never, ever invoke negative forces and never open a session without SPECIFICALLY asking if positive forces are present. I also understand that it is "spiritually incorrect" to invoke people by name. You should always ask if it is possible to contact a specific person. Invoking a person on the other side could cause them distress. They may be otherwise occupied or it may be rather like telephoning someone at four in the morning and dragging them out of bed.

That is the only advice I can offer I'm afraid. Good luck! Lonecat

the only way to get rid of spirits is to drink it from a shot glass

get real people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

502651[/snapback]

He easy there alien(head)knob...

D. keeps his promise...

...he'll hunt down every fool!

Edited by Dre_T_Hunter
  • Like 1

Ok first thiangs first get rid of the board. Who ever told you the person should use it again is very, very wrong doing so will make things much worse not better. Using a ouija board opens doors it doesn't close them. To get rid of the board properly your freinds best bet is to take it to a church and leave it in a pew with a note requesting it be disposed of properly. Odds are that will end the problem or at least improve the situation.

Hi rhyknow,

I went through something similar myself and that's why I always now say never touch them.

Here's the things I did to clear the house, it didn't work straight away more bit by bit over a couple of sessions.

Firstly get rid of the board.

- Start reconnecting with your God, having the faith that he can help.

- I also called on my Guardian Angel.

- I started with indian sage moving from room to room smudging myself and all the house.

As I did this I carried a bible and called on God to protect the house and the people in it, demanding that anything that didn't belong to God and the white light must leave and not return using Gods name. ( that's where you need your faith to believe in what your saying).

- I also called on my Guardian Angel and whenever I felt scared I could feel him there.

- I used white light visualisation reguarly, making sure you cover the whole property inside and out.

- I stopped using my tarots etc for quite some time after the incident.

I hope some of this helps your friend, they may need to get a professional in if they don't feel they can handle the cleansing.

Generally good advice but if your not from the native american traditions don't use sage. Rely on symbols of your own beliefs.

Hi rhyknow

Once an evil entity has found its way into a location through an Ouija board its very hard to get rid of..... I suppose the belief in shattering the glass might work (if all believe it will work).... the best way of not getting spirits trapped or to attach them selves is not to play with them in the first place as they are not toys.

Here is a ritual I created that is good at stopping problems or hauntings caused by Ouija use, you do not have to be pagan to get the full effects, and you can do it as a Christian by just changing some of the words and using your beliefs in certain points of the ritual...... I have seen this ritual work wonders after giving it to people and have seen it stopped a Ouija haunting in its tracks, but I cant talk from experience as I have not tried it or ever had a reason to my self and I hope I never do. I would say once a entity has got into this world its going to be very hard to be rid of it.

The ritual

Take the board and burn it into ashes, spit into the ashes and tell the spirit to go back to where its belongs, put the ashes into a oak box (while doing so command by the power of light and of the sun that the negative spirit enter with the ashes) then close the box, imagine in your minds eye the box being a mass of pure golden or white light, and that the entity is within this light trapped, imagine the entity as a dark or black mist surrounded by the box of pure white or golden light, then wrap the box in masking tape, while doing so in-vision you wrapping more pure light around the entity, the more you believe this light to be there the more powerful the ritual will be, tell the entity your not afraid of it anymore and that its time to take out the trash.... Then go to the nearest oak tree (the older and bigger the better) and bury it as close to the trees roots as possible (be sure not to damage the tree in doing so) then ask that the oak king or green man to restrain the spirit with its roots and ask that it be sent back to where it came from or to where it belongs, ask the wild spirit to help the soul find peace if that is what’s needed, thank the oak king also known as Herne, turn away and walk away envisioning that your also walking away form the negative spirit leaving it in the hands of the green man (or god), do not look back and never return to the place you buried the box.

If you are not pagan you can use Jesus ect instead of the oak king or green man its not just about what’s spoken its about belief too, its the belief in the ritual its self that has its power.

Alternatively you can ask your higher self or spirit guides to help with any negative energy you might have summoned when in meditation, but remember they cant interfere with your own free will. In many cases you might have tapped into your lower darker self that might cause some scary experiences these are the type of problems caused by Ouija that your higher self might be able to help with but in many cases removing what ever is causing the problem can be difficult.

all the best

faeden

That can cause a lot of problems actually. First burning the board is usually a very bad idea. Often they simply won't burn. Worse its not unusual for the person who makes the attempt to feel the flames. Also do it yourself cleansings are almost universaly bad ideas. If you don't know what your doing you can get very seriously hurt so the matter is better left to a priest or other person with practical experience.

Hi Kevin

Some one asked for advice I gave it.

First burning the board is usually a very bad idea. Often they simply won't burn.

Come again?

Worse its not unusual for the person who makes the attempt to feel the flames.

COME AGAIN................Stop watching so many movies Kev mate

Also do it yourself cleansings are almost universaly bad ideas.

No they are not, anyone that knows about ritual will know that ritual is about the power of belief, ritual without belief is like bread without yeast. The worst that can happen with my ritual is it wont work, as long as its done with love in the heart of the person doing it, the ritual is very safe, its nothing more than an energised prayer.

If you don't know what your doing you can get very seriously hurt so the matter is better left to a priest or other person with practical experience.

Priests and other men of religion can work well, if the person doing it approaches it the right way, again its about the power of belief. Most examples I have seen where priests have tried to rid a house of a negative force they have just made the situation worse, they run about shouting in anger at Satan, when Satan has nothing to do with it, the energy in the house is already negative, anger, hate and fear are negative emotions, evil entities feed of this kind of energy, a priest running about angry shouting at Satan is just going to make an already negative situation and even more negative situation, these things need to be dealt with calmly and rationally.

What if the nasty spirit was not Christian or Catholic in its earthly life? and someone comes in the house shouting about Jesus and Satan? its not going to have much of an effect is it, as they are not going to have a belief in that. Someone that is having a problem with any form of psychic disturbance has to have someone properly and calmly assess the situation, and then take it from there, but never should anger or hate towards the entity ever be brought into ritual that is what is dangerous. The best way to approach a negative energy should be with pity and a want to help the soul, because more than not they are troubled spirits.

All the best

Faeden

Edited by Faeden

I'd say every piece of advice on ouija boards that can be given has been give in Gambino's thread.....look there !

That can cause a lot of problems actually.  First burning the board is usually a very bad idea.  Often they simply won't burn.  Worse its not unusual for the person who makes the attempt to feel the flames.  Also do it yourself cleansings are almost universaly bad ideas.  If you don't know what your doing you can get very seriously hurt so the matter is better left to a priest or other person with practical experience.

503630[/snapback]

LMAO that is the most ludicrous post i've seen in ages, congrats! w00t.gif

Too many films before bedtime bububs? grin2.gif

• Like 1

Faeden stop reading books by new age scam artists and try reading a few by people who actually know what they're talking about. Yeah it sounds remarkable but frankly every thing I said on ouijas are the low end of phenomenon it can get a heck of a lot worse. As to your ideas on cleansing I'm sorry your completely wrong. My guess is either you have some idea what your doing(unlikely) or have never actually encountered the real thing. For a case to be any thing worth mentioning means people see things not simply some one has a bad feeling or a psychic says the hosue is haunted.

Richdog that was so patheticly childish I don't have any thing more to say to you. When you grow up and become an adult feel free to tell me.

What if the nasty spirit was not Christian or Catholic in its earthly life?

Come again what does the spirits faith have to do with any thing? You've been reading to much Sylvia Browne. Your ritual won't do squat unless its backed up by faith. The same is true of a proper exorcism. You know what happens when ever some inexperienced schmuck starts waving insense around because some new age ninny told them to? If they're lucky things get worse. Most of the time they get hurt. Do it yourself exorcisms are like do it yourself home repair it makes things worse not better. You insert christian in a way that shows you really have no idea what your talking about btw. I never said christian priest I said priest. PEople should rely on the rituals of there own beliefs preformed by some one who knows what theyre doing. Every religion has a form of exorcism for dealing with these problems some(most notably new agers) just pretend it doesn't happen. If the person is dealing with a negative human spirit(doubtful they don't get drawn by ouija boards to often) theres nothing that really can be done. MOre probably its a demonic spirit(insert elemental, manitou, oni what ever you like) and if they try to get rid of it themselves it will just retaliate.

Kevin,

Calm down a bit, everyone has their own ideas.

I'm not experienced but I used my Faith and new age ninny ideas and it worked. Sometimes all you have is your faith and yourself to use. yes.gif

Tla then odds are you got lucky. I'm sorry but I've seen these flights of fancy cause to many problems(and I've yet to see them solve one) to treat them with any thing but contempt

Also I never said it can't work. What I've said(repeatedly) is that if you don't know what your doing your more likely to screw things up worse by trying to do some thing yourself. Faith is an important part of it yet but don't underestimate the value of experience. Some spirits are a lot more powerful then people give them credit for and won't be disuaded that easily. Let me ask the people championing these ideas a simple question. What should the person do if the spirit gets violent while they try your ritual? With any thing of any power the most common reaction to trying to evict it is to p*** it off. When you've got the real thing(as opposed to bad feelings) while trying to evict it all hell will break loose. Your telling it to go and it doesn't want to its not going to take that lying down. If you've never seen it happen I'd say you've never dealt with any thing more then an annoyed ghost and that makes you lucky not experienced.

Also to give you an idea how bad it really can get(since why should any body take me at just my word) let me recommend some reading. Pick up a copy of Malachi Martin's "Hostage to the Devil," Ed Warren's "The Demonologist(the original if you can find it not the second edition)", "Possessed", and Denice Jones "The Other Side." These all contain examples of exorcisms preformed by people who were deeply faithful and knew what they were doing and still had things go to hell.

Kev my hostile and angry friend. Relax!!!! breath in and then out... Wax on Wax off.

dontgetit.gif

Come again what does the spirits faith have to do with any thing?

If you knew about the wide nature and range of spirit problems caused by Ouija, you will know that a Ouija board is a communication tool to the spirit world for both upper and lower realms, or spheres if you like. This means any spirits are able to come through or enter the location the board is used in, here is the part you dont seem to understand…. If you have a priest (of any religion) come into a location performing an exorcism on a spirit that was not of the religion that the priest doing the exorcism is, the priest is not going to have an effect, because the words spoken will be meaningless to the spirit Example If you had the spirit of someone that was a Christian fundamentalist in a location that was negative, and you had a Muslim come in and start doing an exorcism in the name of Allah what effect do you think this is going to have on the Christian fundamentalist spirit? Its just going to make it even more p***ed, and the situation will just worsen. It would be the same if the spirit was a Hindu in life and a Christian minister came in and tried to exorcise it, the spirit will either not react, or will react with even more anger. Mediums are the most successful over all in clearing unwanted spirits, because they assess the situation and deal with the individual spirit as it requires. Some people assume that all spirits that are housed in locations for what ever reason are all the spawn of "Satan" and go into it as if its a battle between God and The Devil, its these types that rarely if ever have any impact on the troubled soul, in fact that just make it worse, and at the very most all they will do is maybe quiet it down for a while.

You've been reading to much Sylvia Browne.

Never read anything by her in my life.

Your ritual won't do squat unless its backed up by faith. The same is true of a proper exorcism.

Kev do you actually read my posts? I even gave an example that ritual doesn’t work if it is not based on faith, I said a ritual without faith is like bread without yeast. So all your doing is telling me something I told you. As my ritual was obviously based on faith your words are contradictory. What is a proper exorcism in your opinion by the way Kev?

You know what happens when ever some inexperienced schmuck starts waving insense around because some new age ninny told them to?

Kev do you consider me some inexperienced schmuck ? I think that is a insult to all the "new age" religions

If they're lucky things get worse.

Now this is a confusing one, being lucky in exorcism normally doesn’t in tail things getting worse, if that is the case I would rather be unlucky in a exorcism and it get better thumbsup.gif your logic is baffling.

Most of the time they get hurt.

Really I know many "new age" inexperienced schmucks and none of them ever got hurt.

Do it yourself exorcisms are like do it yourself home repair it makes things worse not better.

That depends on how good at D.I.Y you are Kev. I shop at B&Q so I have no fear.

You insert christian in a way that shows you really have no idea what your talking about btw.

I admit I am no expert on Christianity, but I have seen the mess many ministers trying to clear a evil spirit have left in peoples lives, but then I have seen Christians clear houses very successfully, again the ones that succeeded where the ones that approached it in a sensible manner and with love in there hearts rather than anger and hate.

I never said christian priest I said priest.

Sorry for assuming, but most would have thought you meant a Catholic priest, as they are most famous for exorcisms.

PEople should rely on the rituals of there own beliefs preformed by some one who knows what theyre doing.

When I gave advice, which is all it was (advice) because someone asked for it. The ritual was based on my own beliefs. Is it because my belief is different to your own Kev that you have decided to attack my advice ?

Every religion has a form of exorcism for dealing with these problems some(most notably new agers) just pretend it doesn't happen.

By "new agers" do you mean Pagans and spiritualists? Both believe in exorcism and both have there own ways of dealing with it. May I add that the ancient pagans or "new agers" as you like to call them where the first to carry out exorcisms type rituals.

If the person is dealing with a negative human spirit(doubtful they don't get drawn by ouija boards to often) theres nothing that really can be done.

That’s not a very positive attitude to have Kev, what hope does that give to both the person being tormented by the spirit and for the spirit its self? Theirs always hope for all spirits, most spirits are just ignorant. Ignorance is the root of all evil in my opinion.

MOre probably its a demonic spirit(insert elemental, manitou, oni what ever you like) and if they try to get rid of it themselves it will just retaliate.

I’m glad you saved the grand fanarly until last.

Elemental beings are not demons, they are nature spirits that are the spirits of Earth, Air, Fire and Water the four elements that make up life on earth, and that represent mother nature or father nature (God and Goddess) the "Elementals" that you talk about where wrongly given that name by paranormal investigators in the early 1900s, and its stuck, the demonic types you talk about are human negative thought forms, or actions, that have been created on the physical plane, by negative things such as murder or a traumatic event such as an accident, or a dark and evil ritual, or by someone who once lived there that was angry, or fearful, or thought with negative emotional feelings, all these factors can cause energies to form on the dark astral realms, some times called astral lave, or psychic vampires, they are demonic thought forms (or ones personal demons or lower self) or what many might call demons, they come from the subconscious of man, and manifest them selves into living thinking conscious beings on the astral that can effect the physical world such as through the Ouija boards. They are the dark side of human kind, that mirrors the evil that we as humans do. Sometime they are terrifying because they can be the darker side of our self, our inner most fears and things that we lock away. Using an Ouija board can expose these hidden demons or fears we have, theirs nothing more frightening that having to face our own self or personal demons that we normally keep locked deep within our own subconscious.

Because of your hostile nature towards me I no longer will reply to you on this subject, just as I had to do on a previous subject, I am sorry you have taken such a disliking to my posts.

All the best

Faeden

Edited by Faeden

Oh darn your gonig to tell me how your not gonna respond and then do it any way again(thats what you did on the other subject). Pity you have such silly notions I'm always up for a good chuckle. You want to give people destructive advice based on new age dribble(and I'm sorry but the better part of the new age movement is analgous to a rein faire lots of pomp and circumstance little accuuracy or substance). you should read Browne you two have a lot in common(naive support of con artists calling themselves psychic, fondness for useless suggestions). Your right on one thing elementals aren't all demonic(some of them in fact are) but they are violent spirits. As to contacting higher realms I'm sorry but thats a joke. Demons, elementals and the damned are all those boards ever get. Any thing else they claim to be is a bald faced lie.

Kevin everyone is intitled to their opnions so keep your arrogance to yourself.

Faedan I agree with you all the way and I have already argued something similar with this individual and he seems to hard headed to listean to anything else but his own opinion.

every ones entitled to there oppinions

absolutely true so why are you griping about me sharing mine? I'm sorry but that statement is one of the most useless things to say. I'm as entitled to tell him his oppinion is wrong, dangerous and foolish as he is to voice the same oppinion.

Also let me make a point clear. If your not a moderator I'm not going to stop saying what I think how I think it just because you tell me to. So endless posts to keep my oppinions or arrogence to myself is a complete waste of time. Free speech doesn't just apply to speech thats wishy washy please every one.