Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ouija Problems

rhyknow

every ones entitled to there oppinions

absolutely true so why are you griping about me sharing mine? I'm sorry but that statement is one of the most useless things to say. I'm as entitled to tell him his oppinion is wrong, dangerous and foolish as he is to voice the same oppinion.

504720[/snapback]

There is a difference in sharing your opnion and going around and telling everyone they are wrong with what they believe. I mean how big is your ego?

How do you know they are wrong unless you actually experience what they are experiencing? I mean do you have a hand book on the paranormal saying exactly what is to be done and not to be done? Ok so wow you studied under someone and now your a know it all, give me a break rolleyes.gif

Notice I primarily reffer to when people give advice not to events in a specific experience. Why? Because in cold hard experience I or those i work with ahve seen every single thing I've said was wrong back fire big time. I've seen people who think they can use ouija boards with impunity yet still wonder why there life is falling down around there heads as one violent spirit after another comes in. I've seen do it yourself exorcisms make life a living hell for the person arrogent enough to try it. I know exactly what can happen even when an exorcism is done right by a competent experienced exorcist. People have walked away from an exorcism with very real and very serious injuries and not just on the part of the possessed.

The advice these people give CAN get people into trouble. The Catholic church leaves proper exorcism to bishops and appointed priests for good reason. Can this advice help? Occasionally if the person has some thing VERY weak in the house that doesn't put up much of a struggle. ON the other hand they can also leave an inexperienced person high and dry.

Let me give an example what would you do if you were trying one of these rituals and the spirit started hurling objects around the room. HEavy ones that could seriously hurt you if they connected? WHat would you do if it started to burn you or bite you? All of that can and does happen. If you have some actual experience you know what to do when it does. If your some poor victim alone in your house trying to understand whats going on your going to get hurt. Thats why this advice angers me so much. THey leave people to there own devices to get seriously hurt if they turn out to be wrong. Notice I never suggested a specific recipe for what they should do. Just suggested seeking competent, experienced help.

Thank you ravenscraft, Tia, and richdog for your comments too, its nice to know you see what I see yes.gif

Quite honestly Richdog's comment was as bad as you claim I am. Funny how you think its ok that people be rude if they agree with you.

A few things...I know I've posted on Gambino's thread already...but I thought I'd throw in a few statements...so sorry if someone disagrees with me, but this is why it's a "discussion forum"...discussing opinions.

Right, so...

First of all, *often* the ONLY way to close the spiritual "door" created with a Ouija board IS to burn it. I've *seen* people throw them out, leave them places, etc...and the NEXT DAY, they're back in that person's house. So, yeah... I think I read on this forum somewhere that one person even BURIED it, and in the a.m., the hole was dug up and the box lying next to it. Unless some sick jerk decided to mess with them and dig it up....I dunno. Methinks they shoulda burned it -- LOL.

Also....yes, *some* spirits are *extremely* powerful, and yes, a lot of times, a regular layperson cannot get rid of them. And yes, a lot of times, even pastors/clergy cannot rid a place of the very powerful ones.

But I will tell you something -- I have *seen* normal people *successfully* rid a person/place of an evil spirit. My mother spoke with a lady who was being oppressed (or possibly even *possessed*). She was severely depressed, had nightmares and delusions of witches coming to try and kill her, unexplained cuts and marks ALL over her body, etc...well, my mom was naturally a little afraid, but she sat down in my aunt's kitchen and prayed with this lady (we happen to be Christians), while my sister and I went to look for my aunt's cat (who'd run away around this time). When we came back, this lady's demeanor had changed *dramatically*. She was smiling, her eyes looked more peaceful, brighter, in a way...she looked like a huge burden had been removed from her very soul....Now, the rest of the kitchen looked like a disaster zone. My mom told us later (I think when we were older, actually) that while they were praying, a picture or some such had come off the wall, a jar of pennies flew across the room (my aunt had a HUGE jar of pennies)...Now, although my sis and I were only a few yards away, we had heard NOTHING.

My point is, yeah, sometimes people can get hurt doing exorcisms or whatnot -- but YOU KNOW going into the situation that it might happen -- that's the point behind *preparing* before you begin *anything* of this nature. And that's the point behind making sure you have *strong* faith before you start. Because once you start, if you don't finish (you get too scared, etc...), the evil will return and bring MORE evil back with it.

And yes, sometimes even if you DO finish, it may not work, and they'll still be back. That's why it's important NOT to mess with spirits and the like in the first place. Like a guy in a movie said "Don't start nothin', won't BE nothin'!"

Just my 2.5 cents.

~Scarlet~

PS - a lot of people here (and I'm not thinking of anyone in particular) think that their way is the only "true" way. Well, just because you say so, doesn't make it true. Your truth is truth only to you, just as my truth is truth to me...what you need to see is some people have proof that the opposite is true. Does that mean you're necessarily "wrong"? Not really.

Think of it like this...a person says...you can only get rid of fleas by using a flea bomb. Now, you try flea shampoo, and it works. Does that mean that a flea bomb *doesn't* work? No. It just means that certain variables were different in each situation that made the remedy work for each person. Don't discount someone else's opinion only by your own experiences, or even by a few other people's experiences. Like I said, all IMO.

Hi SCARLET1

PS - a lot of people here (and I'm not thinking of anyone in particular) think that their way is the only "true" way. Well, just because you say so, doesn't make it true. Your truth is truth only to you, just as my truth is truth to me...what you need to see is some people have proof that the opposite is true. Does that mean you're necessarily "wrong"? Not really.

Think of it like this...a person says...you can only get rid of fleas by using a flea bomb. Now, you try flea shampoo, and it works. Does that mean that a flea bomb *doesn't* work? No. It just means that certain variables were different in each situation that made the remedy work for each person. Don't discount someone else's opinion only by your own experiences, or even by a few other people's experiences. Like I said, all IMO.

Amen to that thumbsup.gif

I onced asked a ouida board who had the same spirit as me. It replied Peter Ustanov, who at the time I had never heard of. Now I know he was an actor. Have always been puzzled over this reply. We had no further problems with it. Any suggestions why It would say he and I have same spirit?

Carlina

I quite like this bit myself

A few things...I know I've posted on Gambino's thread already...but I thought I'd throw in a few statements...so sorry if someone disagrees with me, but this is why it's a "discussion forum"...discussing opinions.

So true a discussion board... KevinM mearly stated his opinion and has spent time defending himself, nicely discussed to all who can argue intelligently and on topic. I am looking forward to the rebuttles and discussion brought forward by both Kevin and Scarlet and any one else who actually feels like contributing more than just an attack.

Hi Kismit

So true a discussion board... KevinM mearly stated his opinion and has spent time defending himself, nicely discussed to all who can argue intelligently and on topic. I am looking forward to the rebuttles and discussion brought forward by both Kevin and Scarlet and any one else who actually feels like contributing more than just an attack.

With all due respect he disrespected my belief, my ritual that he seemed to be offended by are my beliefs, and he accused them of being "new age crap" on more than one occasion, and that my beliefs are dangerous, if he believes that, than fair play to him, but maybe he could have kept them to his self and approached it in another way. My personal beliefs are my own, and all I was doing was giving my advice that someone asked for, and then Kevin came in and started slating my advice as "new age crap" I would not do the same to a Christians post and say that is "dangerous Christian crap" because its rude. We do all have the right to our opinion yes, but unfortunately some people think there opinion is the only one, and right one, Kevin even said that out right.

All the best

Faeden

Edited by Faeden

And with that same due respect Faeden, I have been right back through the thread and cannot find the piece where KevinM refers to your beliefs as Crap. It isn't actually any where. I can however find a post where he states he dosen't feel your suggestions are apropriate and then goes on to explain why that is, and his disagreement with your opinion seems to be quite respectful as your disagreeing with me is.

It is as mentioned earlier a discussion board.

Stop believing in such silly things, stop being so paranoid and watch some cartoons

The more you keep believing its real, the worse it will get

Maybe consider going to see a doctor?

Edited by whoa182

Hi kismit

Here are some of Kev's words that I found inappropriate. I'm not really complaining by the way i dont take things that people say I dont even know to heart I cant get angry at someone on a Internet forum so its not a big deal. It is a discussion forum yes but that doesn’t mean that people should disrespect others beliefs out right. He has the right to say what he wants but sensitivity wouldn’t go a miss. Kev seems to have (might be wrong though) been taught by religious extremists, or read books by religious extremists which is probably why he thinks that his way is the only way.

Anyway that’s enough of my yapping here is some of the Kevin examples.

Faeden stop reading books by new age scam artists and try reading a few by people who actually know what they're talking about.

How does he know what books I have read ? and who is he to say who knows what "they" are talking about ? What makes him so sure I dont know what I am talking about ? I am sorry but that is arrogance

As to your ideas on cleansing I'm sorry your completely wrong. My guess is either you have some idea what your doing(unlikely) or have never actually encountered the real thing.

He’s making statements about me, without knowing anything about me. I have been studying the paranormal for 15 years on a daily basis, I might not know it all unlike Kevin, but I have learnt something along the way.

Your ritual won't do squat unless its backed up by faith. The same is true of a proper exorcism.

Again a example of how my ritual is squat my ritual is based on my belief. he claims to know "proper exorcism" and that I am a fool. Again his comments are unfounded, if he went back and looked at my ritual I stated that faith was a major part in the ritual, he seemed to just want to have a dig.

You know what happens when ever some inexperienced schmuck starts waving insense around because some new age ninny told them to?

He might not have said it out right, but I think its obvious what he is referring to here.

You insert christian in a way that shows you really have no idea what your talking about

Again another statement that I dont know what I am talking about.

You want to give people destructive advice based on new age dribble

if that is not an insult to my beliefs, then I am lost to say what is.

The advice these people give CAN get people into trouble. The Catholic church leaves proper exorcism to bishops and appointed priests for good reason.

Just because his beliefs are that bishops and priests are the only ones that can give proper exorcism, doesn’t mean he should suggests just because I am not a priest of bishop that my ritual is dangerous or dribble.

If you look at Kev’s past posts on other subjects, you see the same pattern of him offending people because he thinks his way is the only way, and that everyone else is wrong. He has a unsavoury attitude towards anyone else with an opinion of there own. And if it doesn’t fit in with his "truth" he calls it Dribble or a fraud.

All the best

Faeden

Scarlet some times the board won't burn. People can laugh, gripe and mock me for saying it but that doesn't make it any less true. Your right throwing the board out doesn't help either nor does leaving it any where. NOtice I never suggested either. What I have stated repeatedly is it should be left for priests to properly dispose of. Its not common knowledge but its a fact that a lot of churches GIVE there priests some training in how to deal with an accursed object. Buddhism and Catholicism both have specific rituals for it.

Also you just restated my point bueatifuly on exorcisms. They are dangerous affairs that you need to prepare for properly. Even when you do theres no guaranteeing it won't go to hell. Thats precisely why my point from square one was leave it to people who know what they're doing. Grabbing some sage or holy water and throwing it around like your some sort of ghost buster isn't going to do any one any good. There are plenty of legitimate, trained people that work with a range of religions and don't take money. Why take a stupid chance on things going wrong?

Just because his beliefs are that bishops and priests are the only ones that can give proper exorcism

Now your putting words in my mouth to make me look stupid. Your arrogence is only outstriped by your ignorance(you may think I should respect your oppinion but why? tolerance demands respecting peoples rights to have oppinions it has nothing to do with respecting the oppinion I think your entitled to believe in Santa Claus if you want that doesn't mean I have to respect that you do laugh if you want but your ideas are just as ubsurd to me). What I actually said was that exorcisms should only be preformed by people who know what they're doing. The ONLY time i have ever said any thing about bishops and catholic priests was SPECIFICLY in refference to the Roman Catholic Ritual of exorcism which by CHurch law should only be performed by a bishop or an appointed priest. Since you can't prove you point any other way you've apparently decided to start lying about what I say.

Hi Kismit

With all due respect he disrespected my belief, my ritual that he seemed to be offended by are my beliefs, and he accused them of being "new age crap" on more than one occasion, and that my beliefs are dangerous, if he believes that, than fair play to him, but maybe he could have kept them to his self and approached it in another way. My personal beliefs are my own, and all I was doing was giving my advice that someone asked for, and then Kevin came in and started slating my advice as "new age crap" I would not do the same to a Christians post and say that is "dangerous Christian crap" because its rude. We do all have the right to our opinion yes, but unfortunately some people think there opinion is the only one, and right one, Kevin even said that out right.

All the best

Faeden

506102[/snapback]

NO you see that s your problem. The only time I've denounced youre beliefs was regarding James Van Fraud. Here I've called your suggestions wrong, new age garbage and dangerous. It has nothing to do with your beliefs in general it has to do with the fact you think any one any where should preform exorcisms when they need it. If you had any reall experience with what your talking about you certainly should know better. The problem here(really) is that youre so determined to be right(you haven't even bothered defending why your ideas are better then mine you just gripe on and on about how persecuted you are is it any wonder i have no respect for what you say get over it people insult me constantly here you in fact did right at the begining of this arguement with your delightful"you watch to many movies" crack why should i tolerate that if you won't tolerate being told you're wrong) you don't care if people might actually be hurt following your incompetent advice. You want respect from me Faeden earn it by putting your money where your mouth is instead of whining about how "arrogent" iam.

My neighbour and her identical twin were very much in tune with the "other side."

She asked me if I had ever tried the "Luigi Board" - I won't spell it the normal way - just like I spell S*tan in the less than accepted form. It's bad luck even mentioning them. The Lord and God I always always capatalize. Some folks spell it as G*d just out of respect for the scriptures etc. i.e. we are not worthy etc..(I tend to believe it.) Anyhow getting back to the Luigi Board - my neighbour (we lived on the fifteenth floor of a modern hi-rise) invited us (my mother and I) over to check out her conjuring abilities. We were seated around the dining room table - evidently there are to be no nails in the construction of a suitable table. We employed an upturned wine-glass as the pl*nchet. No sooner had we followed her instructions to place a single finger on the upturned wine glass that it began oribiting the board. Around and around it went. It was not a question of "hey did you see that move," or "hey! quit pushing that!" This glass travelled pretty much on its own accord faster and faster around the board - making the classic sort of swishing sound. Faster and faster it gyrated. Evidently whatever force was behind this was impatient with our lack of questions. She had warned us about that. When we did finally ask some questions it would quickly spell out the answers in no uncertain fashion. All told we contacted five or six seperate entities - some stronger more responsive - some weaker more distant - very much like tuning in various stations on an a.m. radio. Evidently there exists certain protocol in terminating ones session with the board. We didn't follow any sort of protocol this may have led to bigger problems down the road. I wouldn't reccommend it to a dead mad cow. Don't mess with M*ther N*ture! w00t.gif

Thank you Kevin but I feel it's better if only I address issues that have been brought to my attention.

Faeden,

this is a shinning example of why when you question a Mod you should do it in private. Not because we dish out beatings and want to hide it, but because it makes the conversation just between you and me.

I hear what you are saying I even understand. However as the moderator here I feel the attacks where being handed out en masse before you where personally offended. To prove me wrong you only need to go back and find me an attacking quote from Kevin before post number 11# on this thread. He does respectfully point out he does not feel the advice given is best, before that post. And that's fine people can think and feel what they want so long as they do it with respect. But from there on Kevin is only defending himself against what appears to be attacks against his beliefs. the same thing you are trying to defend for yourself. One post in particular showed absolutely no respect at all and was lucky to be let off with out a warning.*

And to finish off again as the moderator i am going to strongly urge you to p.m. me with any further inquiries.

thank-you Kismit. original.gif

*(If any-body feels I am refereing to there post they should feel free to ask me privately)

Edited by Kismit

hey Mod, I would like to know if 1 of my posts here were deleted or have I just lost it?

I mentioned that one should be more skeptical when dealing with these boards and they should put on blind folds and it would prove it doesnt work.

GIGA

( I find it hard to believe that my post should/would of have been deleted as it was in no way harmful to anyone, it never offended anyone it was also not directed at anyone... dontgetit.gif )

Edited by whoa182

No Whoa,

none of your posts from this thread have been deleted or removed.

I once thought that one of my posts had been removed. only when I retraced the post it turned out I had just forgotten to press add reply before closing the window down. original.gif

Just a comment;

Someone here said that the "boards" don't always burn, and others appear to question it.

From what I understand, Ouiji boards will not readily burn if, say, thrown into a fireplace. But, it has nothing to do with any "magical' powers of the board. Rather, it is due to the materials used to construct the board.

The same thing would happen if the same board had a Sesame Street game layout instead of the Ouiji layout.

All in all, the materials which make up the board will most certainly burn with applying a higher temperature than from a fireplace, or, left there long enough.

no.gif

the only way to get rid of spirits is to drink it from a shot glass

get real people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

502651[/snapback]

He easy there alien(head)knob...

D. keeps his promise...

...he'll hunt down every fool!

502655[/snapback]

she asked for help because she doesn't know how or why this is happening, so I offered to help her out; as I have a lot of experience with the board.

502651[/snapback]

Tosser... If you want to make a dumb joke like that, become an ****ing comedian. Sorry, am I using too complicated words for you? This is a person i am talking about. Not a stupid joke. angry.gif

From a very annoyed Rhyknow,

James

502651[/snapback]

Tosser... If you want to make a dumb joke like that, become an ****ing comedian. Sorry, am I using too complicated words for you? This is a person i am talking about. Not a stupid joke. angry.gif

From a very annoyed Rhyknow,

James

518463[/snapback]

Nothing is wrong with what he did rhyknow. Grow up.

why isn't it wrong? In my opinion, I think HE ought to grow up. This isn't happening to him, it's happening to someone else and I think that if he was in the same situation, he would not be cracking jokes. mad.gif

I mean I got helpful replies of other people who decided to spare some time to help me. Why does he have to make some dumb joke?

GRRRRR.....

the Rhyknow