Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Inaugural UM Phun Photography Competition

Waspie_Dwarf

Question

And this is the river - known as the Avon,  A word that means ..... river!   We are not known for our imagination!

P1070202.jpg

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

Modelled in 1914 by a local woman, this statue La Delivrance located about a mile from where I grew-up, commemorates the French victory at the First Battle of the Marne during the war to end wars.  Known popularly as The Naked Lady, there are countless pictures of her available online, but this is my own.  A popular rendezvous "meet me by the naked lady', the statue has received many unofficial 'adornments' over the decades, the nature of which I leave to the imagination.

ladelivrance.thumb.jpg.cd6d5097a123ef1585ed243393b093d5.jpg

• Like 9
13 hours ago, HandsomeGorilla said:

I don't know you and this seems crazy;

But you seem a nice guy, so adopt me, maybe? 

It IS breathtaking, isn't it?

• Like 5

I can't compete with these amazing photos. :(

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
2 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

Surely you have a Brownie under the bed somewhere!?!

• Haha 7
2 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

Sure you could, you just might not know it yet. This is a fun contest, not a serious technical kind of contest. The topic of this one is Home Town, and that could deep into meaning or fun rather than just awesome. 

Though the photos so far have been amazing, I hope folks keep submitting stuff :)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

These pics making me think I need to move out of Ohio :lol: haha

• Haha 9
45 minutes ago, Waspie_Dwarf said:

I don't know why, but I suddenly feel thirsty. 

I would have gone in but no time unfortunately as I was running an errand. :(

I didn't even get out of the car just pulled up and opened the window and snapped a couple of shots.

I did the same around the corner from the pub with the church, seen in the background, and slightly annoyed a mini driver. :D 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

The photo I am going to submit was taken from our kitchen. It had rained all day and I noticed clouds that were Blue in places and I had never seen Clouds that were this color before. The photo was taken due East, and it was taken about an hour before Sunset!!:D

1007690643_BlueSkyone.JPG.8bf828ee7ae0aea06a7737fda8b8f289.JPG

When cloud is very deep it effects the ability of the light spectrum to penetrate down and this creates the affect seen.

Many years ago, and just before an epic rain storm, the sky where I was working turned green, which I thought was a bit ominous. And so it proved as we had about 3 or 4 inches of rain in less than an hour and the building flooded.   

Edited by L.A.T.1961
  • Like 6

Come on everyone - I want to see where you live!

My previous pic was technically excluded from the comp becaue it was taken a few years ago.  But here are a few taken this month.  Sadly, my town is known for it's serious fighting on a weekend (once a year, anyway ... )

P1070229.jpg

• Like 9

Squirt boats at Bullwinkle's amusement park in Wilsonville Oregon. Kids loved it, but we should have brought extra clothes.

20210830_165234_resize_13.jpg.4a447732d13ed578220535435a6b5bc9.jpg

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 7
14 hours ago, DieChecker said:

Squirt boats at Bullwinkle's amusement park in Wilsonville Oregon

Without wishing to be pedantic (that's a lie), those are bumper boats.  Squirt boats are something entirely different.

• Like 3