Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Did Nostradamus really predict Covid-19 ?

UM-Bot

12 minutes ago, diddyman68 said:

Quick answer..no Nostradamus did not predict covid.:tu:

I toally agree with you, in fact I don't  believe he pridicted anything, in my opinion he was totally over rated. But, I heard that he did have a Hugh nose, in fact in Eastern Europe he was known as Nostril-dam-us!!:yes:

Below is his great great great great great grandson and accord to family records they are spitting images of each other!:lol:

CBE1268E-6B44-4F57-8ADD-D60A2F1E7889-13732-000013554FC8A437.gif

• Haha 5

From the link:

"There will be a twin year (2020) from which will arise a queen (corona) who will come from the east (China) and who will spread a plague (virus) in the darkness of night, on a country with 7 hills (Italy) and will transform the twilight of men into dust (death), to destroy and ruin the world. It will be the end of the world economy as you know it."

Historians who have analyzed the text have established that it is not from the late seer's book, not does it match the writing style of his other prophecies.
"The same thing has happened for over 400 years: invented or altered predictions, endowed with the aura of Nostradamus, surface again and again, part of an economy of forgery, mass media circulation, and yearnings for order and design each time an unforeseen event threatens our material well-being and our conceptual frameworks."

*Snip*

Edited by rashore
5b
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

So the article asks if he wrote it and then says nobody can find the verse in any of his writings...

I'm going with, No he didn't write it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

As the article points out, this isn't even a genuine quatrain by Nostradamus. It is completely made up.
This is surprisingly common. Always be weary when somebody doesn't give a number for the quatrain you can verify (Nostradamus' writings are in the public domain)

Not that his quatrains could predict anything either..

Edited by Orphalesion
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, diddyman68 said:

Quick answer..no Nostradamus did not predict covid.:tu:

Yup.

And even if he did, predicting a plague that has massive economic impact isn't exactly proof of psychic ability, lol. Especially during the time period Nostradamus lived.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

How do you get “corona” from “queen” (which in Latin is IIRC “Regina”).

Edited by Sir Wearer of Hats
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

How do you get “corona” from “queen” (which in Latin is IIRC “Regina”).

The closest thing I can come up with is Corona = Crown and some Queens wear crowns.

The fact that there is no such prediction from Nostradamus means that the answer is: NO.

It first showed up on social media, not in any of his 16th century quatrains. So either its a hoax or Nostradamus is still alive and using social media. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Does anybody know enough 15th-century French to translate it? It's not a real prophecy, of course, but I'd be impressed if whoever wrote it at least got it to rhyme.

• Like 2

Given the actual content of the link, the thread title seems to be pure click bait.  Had I known the 'quote' was a fabrication, I would not have wasted my time.

• Like 4

• This topic was locked and unlocked