Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

50 years after his death, fans honor Jim Morrison in Paris

Grim Reaper 6

Fifty years after his death at age 27, rock music lovers from France and across the world came to the Pere-Lachaise cemetery in eastern Paris where The Doors' frontman is buried. Many brought candles and pictures, and some burned incense sticks near his grave as police watched nearby. Year after year, the place has become a pilgrimage for fans of Morrison, known for his dark lyrics, wavy locks, leather pants, steely gaze and theatrical stage presence.

He propelled The Doors to several major hits between 1965 and 1971, including “Light My Fire,” “Hello I Love You,” “Touch Me” and “Riders on the Storm.” He was one of several rock stars — including Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, Kurt Cobain and the Rolling Stones’ Brian Jones — to die at 27. Jim was born  in 1943 in Melbourne, Florida, Morrison was the son of a U.S. Navy Admiral  and moved constantly as a child, growing up in Florida, Virginia, Texas, New Mexico and California. One thing is for certain his legend lives on and Jim will never be forgotten.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/50-years-after-his-death-fans-honor-jim-morrison-in-paris/ar-AALJUI3

• Like 1

I was a huge Doors fan while growing up, even though I was born in 1970.   

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Myles said:

I was a huge Doors fan while growing up, even though I was born in 1970.   

Well it doesn't matter when you born, good music is good music.  I was also a Doors fan, thanks for your post!

• Like 1