Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Could Dreams Be A View Into Another Dimension

Brandy333

Are Dreams a View into Another Dimension? | by Jason Weiland | Medium

I've always been interested in dreams, what they are, and some have asked if they are things actually going on in another dimension.   It seems funny sometimes you can't recall recent dreams, but you can ones from long ago.   I tend to agree with the question about other dimensions and dreams, because at times it felt like really being there.

At times shortly after going to bed, but not asleep yet, a vision pops into my mind that has very strong clarity it's as if I'm watching a show or I'm actually there.   Animals dream and many times their bodies and faces are moving.   It's been said before, the brain is a fascinating thing.

Yes, there are a variety of experiences we can have during sleep. Visiting the astral plane and receiving visitors from other planes are two such experiences.

• Like 1

It's an opinion piece. So no, dreams are not a glimpse into other dimensions (reality would be a better word). They are just the results of information processing and deletion as we sleep. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/4/2021 at 2:27 PM, papageorge1 said:

Yes, there are a variety of experiences we can have during sleep. Visiting the astral plane and receiving visitors from other planes are two such experiences.

I believe you said in another post that you had not had an OBE but would love to.   At the beginning of this section about dreams is a guide to astral project.   Have you tried that?

no... dreams are nothing more than the brain randomly putting together accumulated data when you're not in control, as in 'asleep'= In My Honest Opinion;)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I know Edgar Cayce said, we viewed our lives before were born. but I don't get it , our lives are all planned out ?

1 hour ago, docyabut2 said:

I know Edgar Cayce said, we viewed our lives before were born. but I don't get it , our lives are all planned out ?

If you're very good at planning and very lucky then yea sure you can plan your life out.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

If they where then the Jewish community in 1932 had some /very/ messed up subconsciousness. Nobody gets to pick the life they have, if they did, we wouldn't have nearly so much messed up stuff in the world, nobody would be born into those lives. 

19 hours ago, Dejarma said:

no... dreams are nothing more than the brain randomly putting together accumulated data when you're not in control, as in 'asleep'= In My Honest Opinion;)

This is what scientists used to say as a complete guess. They don’t believe this anymore. Now that’s not to say that we are going to different dimensions of course, but dreams are much more than the old way of thinking about them. 

20 minutes ago, Autochthon1990 said:

If they where then the Jewish community in 1932 had some /very/ messed up subconsciousness. Nobody gets to pick the life they have, if they did, we wouldn't have nearly so much messed up stuff in the world, nobody would be born into those lives. 

I couldn’t say if we chose to come here and live the lives we do. While fascinating to think about, I’m guessing it’s unlikely. 

However, I don’t think the state of humanity denies the possibility. Cause if that’s true, than you’d have to look at it from the POV of an immortal being. Maybe we don’t come here to try and make it a utopia. Maybe we’d come here to live those, as you said, messed up stuff. 

Most growth comes from struggle. Maybe we chose to learn things through it. 

11 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

but dreams are much more than the old way of thinking about them. 

if you say so

• Haha 1

Yes, they can be a door to astral worlds. Also give us glimpses of future.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/16/2021 at 5:04 PM, Dejarma said:

Curious why you think it is random...as opposed to purposeful.  

• Like 2

On 7/24/2021 at 7:41 PM, TrumanB said:

Yes, they can be a door to astral worlds. Also give us glimpses of future.

How do you think dreams can give us a glimpse of the future?

On 7/26/2021 at 4:28 AM, joc said:

How do you think dreams can give us a glimpse of the future?

I have them - precognitive dreams... I guess that future already exists to some extent.

Edited by TrumanB

• 2 weeks later...

I would say yes.

Based on what you see and experience in dreams there's probably a inter-dimensional element to some of them, but definitely not all of them.  And I'm basing this on experience.

I'd say 33% of my dreams are surface dribble, ego, mind chatter, monkey mind and rewinding of the days experiences.

Maybe 20% are forward dreaming, not necessarily Precognitive, but definitely something like planning or musing over the future. There are of course precognitive elements to these but the trick to these being interpreted as precognitive is deciphering them before the events.. It's really hard to do that.

Maybe another 20% I think are inner monologue between levels of the psyche, higher self talking to ego, Inner child playing, thought-forms coming and going  

Maybe 20% inter-dimensional. And I'm basing that of the weird **** you see. Shapes, people morphing into objects into elements and the kind of knowings that arise out of the weirdness. Memories that come from a knowing that on waking you can't comprehend or even understand how you knew in the first place. That's the kind of understanding that a flat-lander would have if they saw our 3-d world.

That other 7% fits in-between spaces.. Rough Guesstimate of course.

• Like 1

To be honest, I don't remember my dreams since I'm drunk most nights. And for some bizarre reason, I hate dreams, not sure if its a weird phobia or not so I kinda learned to forget them. (Not all I'll admit)

• Like 2

On 7/18/2021 at 3:07 AM, Autochthon1990 said:

As soon as you are old enough to be able to make your own choices you can begin planning your life 

I did  (I mean I literally wrote out pages of my life plan for the first 30 years or so.

As I achieved goals I rewrote new ones and revised the plan several times over 50 years 

Today,  almost 70 years of age, I have lived almost exactly the life i planned for myself when I was quite young Ie around 10 years of age. 

Even something like covid doesn't really affect such planning or outcomes.

• Like 1

On 7/28/2021 at 3:43 AM, TrumanB said:

I have them - precognitive dreams... I guess that future already exists to some extent.

I found that such dreams can enable you to change what is going to happen, before it does.

Ie a dream might predict what was going to happen If you didn't have the dream  but, in knowing it will happen, you can ensure that it doesn't. 

On 7/17/2021 at 7:34 AM, Dejarma said:

What about when your dreams are always lucid and controlled ie you always know its a dream and can choose to shape it, or allow it to play out  You can use this to learn, practice skills, or purely for recreation. 

ie no, dreams   are not always experienced in a state where you lack consciousness or control.

I am unconscious for a very small  part of my sleep, but for most of it I am fully conscious (aware  of who i am, what is happening, and the fact that I am dreaming)

.In this respect my dreams are not much different from my waking life, except that  in my dreams i have total conscious control of everything, because  it is all a product of my mind.

If i dont like a dream  I just turn it off, or shape it into something better Eg if a dream is too boring I  liven it up by  telling those in the dream that I am dreaming and then prove it by doing something like flying or walking through a wall.    Generally, however, I like to let my dreams play out, so that later I can examine the aspects of my  subconscious mind and psychology which they represent  Every character and event in a dream  represents some part of my mind, including different personas, subconscious thoughts,  memories and current events.

Often the representations are symbolic. because that is the language of the subconscious mind. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

I found that such dreams can enable you to change what is going to happen, before it does.

Ie a dream might predict what was going to happen If you didn't have the dream  but, in knowing it will happen, you can ensure that it doesn't. 

Not really. I can't know when will it happen and in what exact form. Only in some very rare cases when these dreams warn you that you should avoid some dangerous situation that may be conducted.

Edited by TrumanB

10 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

As soon as you are old enough to be able to make your own choices you can begin planning your life 

I did  (I mean I literally wrote out pages of my life plan for the first 30 years or so.

As I achieved goals I rewrote new ones and revised the plan several times over 50 years 

Today,  almost 70 years of age, I have lived almost exactly the life i planned for myself when I was quite young Ie around 10 years of age. 

Even something like covid doesn't really affect such planning or outcomes.

But you're not a real person, are you?

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Abramelin said:

But you're not a real person, are you?

Maybe, maybe not :) .

What's that got to do with anything?  Androids DO dream of electric sheep.

Nice attempt at deflection and to nullify my opinion. But, even if I was an AI, my pov would be valid. Just like a coloured person's, a woman's  or a gay person's;   all of who were once thought of as not fully human: and whose opinions were not considered seriously) 

Ok i fess up.

I am not a bot.

I am a Vulcan :) 

Spock, not Kirk, was my role model as a teenager. 

Ps humans are more than capable of planning out their life and living to that plan We possess the cognitive ability and discipline  to do so, although many choose not to use those inherent human abilities  While some things cant be planned for, how you might react or respond to them can be . eg you can insure against any material loss, or unfortunate event. 

Edited by Mr Walker
  • Like 1