Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Happy Independence Day

docyabut2

But our dogs are having nervous break downs and pooping all over the place :) from the noises of the fireworks.

we tried giving them a nerve pill, put them in a room and blast music , but it doesn't work :(

Edited by docyabut2
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

Hope you had a good 4th docy. I'm sorry the fireworks are upsetting your dogs so badly. A lot of animals go through that. Fireworks are often very loud and it hurts their ears. Hopefully they'll be over soon.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We're blessed with the opportunity to stand for something, for liberty and fairness. And these are things worth fighting for, worth devoting our lives to."

– Ronald Reagan

"What was important wasn't the fireworks, it was that we were together this evening, together in this place, looking up into the sky at the same time."

— Banana Yoshimoto

• Like 1

thumb_happy-treason-day-ungrateful-colon

• Haha 2

On 7/5/2021 at 10:16 AM, docyabut2 said:

Great Song Docy than you ver much for sharing, I think it's wonderful way to wish all Americans Happy Independence Day!! :tu:

I sincerly you have a great day Docy and thanks again!:tu:

16 minutes ago, DingoLingo said:

I forget the exact stat, but I read some meme that said there are like 28 nations that have holidays celebrating independence from Britain :P

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, DingoLingo said:

I quote the famous words of a very very Patriotic American:

Amidst the tensions created by the letter sent to King George III from the first Continental Congress. The Second Virginia Convention convened to discuss the Old Dominion’s strategy in negotiating with the Crown. During this meeting each member of counsel was given the opportunity to speak. During his speech to the Counsel Patrick Henry held his wrists together as though they were manacled and raised them toward the heavens. “Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty”—Henry burst from his imaginary chains and grasped an ivory letter opener—“or give me death!”

As he uttered these final words, he plunged the letter opener toward his chest, mimicking a knife blow to the heart. This selfless act destroyed any thought of negotiations with the British, and the Patriot Patrick Henery words went down in history as a battle cry that United the American forces which ended with the surrender of the Coward General Cornwallis  at Yorktown in 1781. The reason Cornwallis is known as a Coward across America is because he did not have the courage to face General George Washington and formalize the surrender by presenting his Sword. In stead he sent a young British Officer in his place who claimed that the British Commander was ill.

So yes it was a treasonous war, and ever American is proud of the Treasonous Act that created the United States of America!!:tu:

The Coward General Cornwallis 

FA5DA53F-06CF-464B-87D9-FD17E4C4F4C5-15900-000015F964E7F82C.jpg

General Washington excepting Cornwallis sword which formally ended the Revolutionary War.

8D40D82C-DA6E-4F91-93A2-53EA5A932B40-15900-000015F9FBC3977E.jpg

Edited by Manwon Lender

:D have to admit. .I just love that meme..  most of my yank mates generally tell me to F off and call me a bloody aussie sh!t stirrer when I send them a similar meme each 4th of July 

• Haha 1