Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Werewolf sightings/encounters

Dre_T_Hunter

As much as werewolves have been a fascination for me since I arrived on this planet, I really don't think they exist.  Its more a romantic vision, kinda like vampires, tragic but beautiful (god, I sound so goth lol laugh.gif ).  Anyhoo, if you want to read up on werewolves I would recommend picking up a copy of 'The Book Of Werewolves' as written by the Rev. Sabine Baring Gould.  Its an oooold book, but it does get reprinted and is relatively easy to get a copy of.  Its quite a hard read, but its very interesting if you stick with it.

H alien.gif

776147[/snapback]

Heres a link for The Book Of Werewolves Its an online version and I think it had the entire book.

Stumbled upon it a while ago, thanks to good ole Google. Haven't had the time to read through it all yet.

• Like 1

I'v seen something of the likes of the description of a wherewolf. It was this HUGE ass sized dog/bear looking thing in my uncles field. It must have been the size of a jeep. It was running around but the thing is, it wasn't moving in a rythmic pattern like dogs do when they run. It seemed to be floating across the dirt like its feet weren't touching the ground.

• Like 2

I'm mostly a vampire guy my self but i have had some violent encounter ask me if you want to hear them

Wow, I've saw werewolves on two non consecutive occasions near where I live in Scotland. Once, I was inside my house looking out, and the other time I was on the outside of a house (I don't even know who's) looking in the window, and I saw one.

Looked identical on both occasions. The first time must have been around one in the morning or therabouts, maybe half one, and I get up from watching TV, go to close the curtains, and about four feet away from me, I see this humungous werewolf staring back at me! The first thing that grabbed my attention was the eyes, totally red. It stood (almost) upright, was covered in dark coloured hair, and had some totally freaky sharp, white teeth! It has ears which pointed up (like, say, an alsatian, as opposed to a poodle) and a snout. It didn't look particulalry muscular, but was probably about 200+ cm tall. I totally collapsed on the spot, and woke up next to the window at about 4 in the morning. I was so scared, I waited 'til first light before I moved a muscle.

The second time, I was out mountain biking with a friend. We were at the bottom of a hill, and dismounted, because we couldn't be bothered riding uphill. I look over to my left, and through the window of a house, I can see a werewolf side on! This was about 11am, in broad daylight. I didn't actually say a thing to my friend. I turned to him, he looked at me, saw my expression, looked in the window, and then looked back at me. We were both standing there rooted to the spot staring at it, when all of a sudden, it turns its head and looks at us!

We didn't say a word, we just jumped on our bikes and went as fast as we could. We easily knocked a huge chunk off of our previous personal bests for the uphill, and didn't stop until we got back to town.

We had a brief discussion; "Did you see it?" "Yeah, did you?" "What was it?" "Don't know" etc. and then we split up to go to our homes. We never mentioned it to each other ever again.

• Like 1

Hey thank you for those sightings thanks that is for coming out and admitting what you saw. Now AnuKabal please tell me/us your story.

I'v seen something of the likes of the description of a wherewolf. It was this HUGE ass sized dog/bear looking thing in my uncles field. It must have been the size of a jeep. It was running around but the thing is, it wasn't moving in a rythmic pattern like dogs do when they run. It seemed to be floating across the dirt like its feet weren't touching the ground.

795913[/snapback]

no we walk

• Like 2

If course werewolves walk any creature that floats off the ground is a spirit or a bird (birds don't really float persay) and werewolf spirits appear as regular wolves.

Do any of u guys have any stories about werewolves/vampires? Do any of u guys know where to find a werewolf/vampire/ how to become them?

Do any of u guys have any stories about werewolves/vampires? Do any of u guys know where to find a werewolf/vampire/ how to become them?

804941[/snapback]

I once got instruction to turn to animals from someone ....

1.First you must go somewhere where nobody goes anymore like a private place.

2.Second get a blanket and put it where you are upside down you go somewhere no one knows because if they put the blanket the right way or move it you'll stay what ever animal you wish to become.

They said thats how you can become a werewolve. But i doubt they work, but hey if you want you can try them !

Edited by Ruby

That doesn't work there's no explanatin on how to change just how to change back.

• 2 weeks later...

May 2004 From Jonathan

I was walking on a set of track one night minding my own business, I hear some weird things in the woods like twigs snapping and leaves. I stop to look around nothing was there when I start walking again I hear the same noises but this time I feel breathing on my neck and hear something like growling. I was afraid to look back but I did anyway there was nothing there but I felt something wet on my neck. I feel it there was drool on the back of my neck. I freaked out so I ran all the way home and held a freaking gun in my hand all night since then I really became a believer in werewolves.

December 2003 From Judy

I live in Estacada Oregon, I'm a paper carrier, one night about a year ago. I had pulled into a tube to put the paper in and this animal came out from the side of the road, about 30ft.ahead of my car. At first I thought it was a dog, but on second look it was't. It had large hind legs and smaller front legs. It had a dog like face but what was really strange was it had no fur, not a spot. It was pink you know like human color, anyway it kind of hopped out to the middle of road and sat down, then it turn around to where it came from and went back. It didn't look my way but I could see its eyes, and they were big and black. I've only seen this animal once but talking to other people there has been sighting of something of this kind in the area.

December 2003 From Monty

On July 21 2001 I was sleeping in my bed room when I heard the strangest howl I've ever heard so I grabbed me gun and went to take a look. I went up the hill I heard the sound from. when I got to the top I seen something strange it look like a wolf. so I put it in the sight of my gun. I slowly started to pull the trigger when it stood up on its hind legs and started to get taller and look different so I started to yell at it but nothing happened. It started walking to closer and closer to me so I took a shot at it. I hit it but it ran off into the bush. This is a true story.

2003 From Asmodeus on the Bray Road Beast

I have yet to see the beast but I have possibly heard it. One night this past February I was asleep and woke up to a loud sound. It sounded like a mountain lion or wolf I am an aspiring wildlife biologist and know what these animals sound like. I have heard wolves in Alaska and mountain lions in the North Carolina and Montana. I have never heard anything remotely like this before nor do I wish to hear it again as it made my blood run ice cold.

1996 In Banbirpur, India, wolves have been reported taking young children away from local villages and eating them. Pathologists confirmed the children were killed by the animals and an investigation was launch to discover the reason behind the attacks. In the terror, some villagers believed the creatures responsible for the killings are werewolves.

1991 In Elkhorn, Wisconsin, locals report sightings of large creature, best described as a werewolf, feeding on road kill and other domestic animals within the county. It has been called the "Bray Road Beast".

1988 Morbach US Air Force ammunition depot in Germany One night a group of air force personnel were returning to their base at Morbach. They noticed the candle at the old shrine was out and as the local legend goes if the flame is out the werewolf will return to the town The group thought it to be a joke. At the base automatic sirens went off as someone or something has activated the fence sensors. A security guard sees a large animal, like a wolf, standing on its hind legs. It stared at the soldier for a moment and then jumped over a 3 meter fence. A police dog was used to track the beast, but when brought to where the werewolf was last seen, the canine refusing to go further. The candle at the shrine was relit, and the creature has been seen no more.

1972 A number of residents of Ohio reported sighting a werewolf-like creature between July and October. The accounts describe encounters with a six to eight-foot tall creature human in shape with claws, hairy and a wolf’s head.

1936 Mark Schackelman reportedly encountering a talking wolfman east of Jefferson, Wisconsin on Highway 18. While driving along the road at night, he seen a figure digging in an old Indian mound. He described the figure as a strange, hair-covered creature standing erect and was more than six feet tall. The face hold features of both an ape and a dog while its hands were oddly formed with a twisted thumb. Schackelman also mentioned that the beast gave off a foul odour.

1764 Gevaudan, a small province in France, is terrorized for three years by an animal described to be a large wolf-like creature. About 100 people were killed and attempts by locals and the army to kill it fail. Many of the French peasants believed the beast to be a loup-garou or werewolf. In 1767 the creature is killed but there those who say the "Beast of Gevaudan" still lived.

1685 In Eischenbach, German, livestock were killed by a wolf within the area. Locals residents believed the spirit of the town's old mayor was reincarnated as a wolf. The animal was eventually killed but and then dressed in a suit and wig, paraded round town before being hung.

1520-1630 In France, over 30 000 individuals were trialed as werewolves to be tortured or sentenced to death.

Here are some very good sightings

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

dude you cant become a werewolf execpt by strange magic any thing else is a myth. balverines dont turn into human that is another myth.

dude you cant become a werewolf execpt by strange magic any thing else is a myth. balverines dont turn into human that is another myth.

851994[/snapback]

You must be born werewolf to become werewolf

i want to hear them / and if u guys have any ? about how i am a werewolf ask try to prove me wrong

804456[/snapback]

this makes complete sense... rolleyes.gif

851994[/snapback]

You must be born werewolf to become werewolf

852787[/snapback]

So it runs in the family then? is it more like a disease???? huh.gif

For the wannabe werewolves.....

Lycanthropy

General Description: Lycanthropy (more accurately known as Therianthropy) is a wide ranging disease which causes periotic dramatic changes in the physical make-up of those affected. In addition, Lycanthropy can also result in permanent alteration of the psychological profile of those afflicted as well. Lycanthropy should be distinguished from other types of shape changing which are brought about through magical means. Lycanthropy is the only form of shape changing which involves an actual disease.

More..... http://members.fortunecity.com/quebec/lycan.htm