Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tunguska event still intrigues, 113 years on

UM-Bot

If I'm going to believe something other than a meteor or comet exploding, I'm going all the way and will believe the theory posed by Hellboy (Original movie and comic).

• Like 2

One of the few lessons I remember from when I went to school in Sweden in the 1980s was a lesson when the class got to listen to a radio program recorded on cassette tape about the Tunguska event. I found that very fascinating.

• Like 4

I thought they figured this out some time ago. Wasn't there conclusive evidence it was an exploding meteorite, no?

Later expeditions would support the meteorite hypothesis. “Microscopic silicate and magnetite spheres” were found in the soil, containing “high proportions of nickel relative to iron.” This indicated a clear link to a meteoric origin, most probably a meteorite airburst given the lack of other physical evidence.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

I thought they figured this out some time ago. Wasn't there conclusive evidence it was an exploding meteorite, no?

I was also under the impression that this was solved, and the explosion was caused a Asteroid or Comet.:tu:

Apprently they found fragments of stone, in trees around the area where ground zero was located.

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 2

I remember reading it was  caused by the release and explosion of  million tons of natural gas from within the Earth's crust.

The department of physics of the university of Bologna has organized expeditions to the site in the '90s.

They have a dedicated page hosted by the INFN (istituto nazionale di fisica nucleare) with plenty of information on their work on the matter, in English!:

https://www-th.bo.infn.it/tunguska/index.html

He replied, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven." Luke 10:18

• Haha 2

On 7/8/2021 at 10:14 PM, Raptor Witness said:

He replied, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven." Luke 10:18

One wittnes account:

At breakfast time I was sitting by the house at Vanavara Trading Post [approximately 65 kilometres (40 mi) south of the explosion], facing north. […] I suddenly saw that directly to the north, over Onkoul's Tunguska Road, the sky split in two and fire appeared high and wide over the forest [as Semenov showed, about 50 degrees up—expedition note]. The split in the sky grew larger, and the entire northern side was covered with fire. At that moment I became so hot that I couldn't bear it as if my shirt was on fire; from the northern side, where the fire was, came strong heat. I wanted to tear off my shirt and throw it down, but then the sky shut closed, and a strong thump sounded, and I was thrown a few metres. I lost my senses for a moment, but then my wife ran out and led me to the house. After that such noise came, as if rocks were falling or cannons were firing, the Earth shook, and when I was on the ground, I pressed my head down, fearing rocks would smash it. When the sky opened up, hot wind raced between the houses, like from cannons, which left traces in the ground like pathways, and it damaged some crops. Later we saw that many windows were shattered, and in the barn, a part of the iron lock snapped.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, NCC1701 said:

One wittnes account:

At breakfast time I was sitting by the house at Vanavara Trading Post [approximately 65 kilometres (40 mi) south of the explosion], facing north. […] I suddenly saw that directly to the north, over Onkoul's Tunguska Road, the sky split in two and fire appeared high and wide over the forest [as Semenov showed, about 50 degrees up—expedition note]. The split in the sky grew larger, and the entire northern side was covered with fire. At that moment I became so hot that I couldn't bear it as if my shirt was on fire; from the northern side, where the fire was, came strong heat. I wanted to tear off my shirt and throw it down, but then the sky shut closed, and a strong thump sounded, and I was thrown a few metres. I lost my senses for a moment, but then my wife ran out and led me to the house. After that such noise came, as if rocks were falling or cannons were firing, the Earth shook, and when I was on the ground, I pressed my head down, fearing rocks would smash it. When the sky opened up, hot wind raced between the houses, like from cannons, which left traces in the ground like pathways, and it damaged some crops. Later we saw that many windows were shattered, and in the barn, a part of the iron lock snapped.

I've always suspected that this event, was the moment that Satan was expelled to the earth, after war in heaven, because immediately after, we see this forecast by Daniel ... fulfilled. The massive increase in knowledge, which will lead to manned flight and the development of nuclear technology and the television. This enables "fire from heaven, to be performed in full view of men."  Both of these technologies appeared at the same time, on earth. 

"But you, Daniel, roll up and seal the words of the scroll until the time of the end. Many will go here and there to increase knowledge.” Daniel 12:4

And it performed great signs, even causing fire to come down from heaven to the earth in full view of the people. Revelation 13:13

Fire From Heaven Performed in Full View of Men.jpg - 2

Edited by Raptor Witness

The witness account and the damage on earth is consistent with the impact  of a celestial body that is very loosely aggregated. A ball of material clung together by microgravity. As it hits the atmosphere it becomes like a cloud of millions if small meteorites. None of them survives entry in the atmosphere. It produces a lot of heat and a giant shockwave.

14 hours ago, NCC1701 said:

The witness account

I find those witnesses accounts very interesting on a two-fold account: for once, they bring that wondrous event back to ground, they incite us to analyse it in terms of solar-system bodies interactions, instead of ante-litteram nuclear weapons or such things; secondly, but much interestingly, they open our eyes to the presence of men and women in faraway (from our viewpoint) countries, to their day-to-day lives, to the actuality of the siberian villages in the '10s of the last century. People, newspapers, their link with Moscow and with the world at large.  It's an eye-widening side-effect of the Tunguska event.

Edited by Ianus
typos

On 7/6/2021 at 2:35 AM, Seti42 said:

If I'm going to believe something other than a meteor or comet exploding, I'm going all the way and will believe the theory posed by Hellboy (Original movie and comic).

DAMN YOU RASPUTIN!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2