Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Meat Diet Boosts Kid's Growth

BurnSide

1.5 million heart attacks occur in the United States each year with 500,000 deaths, More than half of these could be prevented via a vegetarian life styles. How many people do you know who have died from eating vegetables? I mean a diet to high in vegetables? I dont know any.. hmmm... So you eat 7 animals for everyone I dont eat ok Monkyburd? I'll even come to your funeral. I'll bring tofu.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• seeking

• Novo

• Monkyburd

• hyperactive

no one cares about the post of teeth, what i said still holds true

carnivorse dont have herbivore teeth

herbivores dont have carnivore teeth

omnivores hve both sets

not for fun, but for function

Are you bad at math or something? The sign clearly states,"For every one animal you don't eat, I'll eat three" hmm.gif

So you eat 7 animals for everyone I dont eat ok Monkyburd? I'll even come to your funeral. I'll bring tofu.

Now who is generalizing? rolleyes.gif I run about an average of 40-45 miles a week, as I am a runner in college. I burn enough carbs everyday to live of soley McDonalds food if I wanted. I know for a fact I will not die of a heart attack, and I have never heard of any serious athlete who is a vegan.

Please, shut your mouth Novo. You are vegan because it is a cool thing to do and you want to fight the establishment. I agree with seeking, I don't care what you say anymore.

Mmmm.. I am eatting chili right now. tongue.gif

Edited by Monkyburd

Your body needs vitamins monkyburd, You couldnt live on a diet of purely Mcdonalds or Meat for a week. Since your so sure in your hypothesis, How about for a week you eat only meat and drink only water and liqour? Continue your normal activities, And see how well you do. I gurantee your rate of work and the quality of such will continue to decline along the way. And as far as my mathematic skills are concerned? I encourage you to eat as many animals in one sitting as you possibly can, But please save foods like fruits and vegetables for sickly vegetarians like me who can only bench press 175 pounds.wink2.gif

i bench 200lbs, i stay away from vegtables, im 5"3' and 150lbs

how much do you weigh novo? and how tall are you?

also when eating meat, lets say a hamburger, you're still getting all the nutrients through that hamburger, the cow that you are eating eats vegtables, and those nutrients and energy the cow gets from eating grass are transfered through the meat of the cow to who ever is eating that hamburger, so you dont have to eat vegtables to get the nutrients you are claiming

again i bring up dogs, dogs DO NOT EAT ANYTHING OTHER THAN MEAT and they are pretty fit if you ask me

First off I didn't say I could live purely on a diet of meat. I eat a balance of both meat and vegetables and fruits and whatnot.

And as far as my mathematic skills are concerned? I encourage you to eat as many animals in one sitting as you possibly can, But please save foods like fruits and vegetables for sickly vegetarians like me who can only bench press 175 pounds.

Secondly, wtf mate? Did you not see what the picture said?!?! It didn't say "I'll eat 7 animals" or "I'll eat as many as I can in a sitting" It SAID:

user posted image

HOW SIMPLE IS THAT TO UNDERSTAND? disgust.gif Must be the all veggie diet effecting the brain rolleyes.gif

How about for a week you eat only meat and drink only water and liqour? Continue your normal activities, And see how well you do. I gurantee your rate of work and the quality of such will continue to decline along the way.
And finally I couldn't care less in proving you wrong.

Vegetarian Eating and Vegetarian Diets

Are They Healthier?

Yes, say diet nutritionists. Provided the vegetarian diet is balanced.

Most studies show that vegetarians face about 30 percent lower risk of death from heart disease than do those who eat meat, fish or poultry. The effects on cancer risk are less consistent, but some studies show cancer deaths are at least 40 percent lower among vegetarians, while others show no difference. Of course, some of the benefits attributed to vegetarian eating may be related to other lifestyle choices: as a group, vegetarians often keep physically active, don’t use tobacco and avoid or limit alcohol.

The greater consumption of fruits and vegetables usually associated with a vegetarian diet represents a major health benefit because of the vitamins, minerals, cancer-fighting phytochemicals and dietary fiber they supply. Although average U.S. consumption still hasn’t met the recommended minimum of five daily servings, many vegetarians get well beyond it. The American Institute for Cancer Research (AICR) says diets containing substantial and varied amounts of vegetables and fruits will prevent 20 percent of more of all types of cancer. Recommended consumption is five to 10 servings daily, which means a substantial amount of fruit or vegetables for the day.

Fewer vegetarians than meat-eaters are overweight. That doesn’t mean avoiding meat is the key to weight control, though. With or without meat, filling up on fruits and vegetables instead of sweets, high-fat snack foods, high-sugar drinks and alcohol make weight control easier.

One of the major heart-related benefits of vegetarian eating is probably the low level of cholesterol-raising saturated fat in these diets, but this doesn’t mean completely omitting meat from the diet is necessary for good health. Foods like fish, skinless poultry and even lean red meats don’t add much saturated fat, as long as portions are kept moderate.

Cholesterol-raising trans fat is another issue to consider. A “vegetarian” diet rich in deep-fried or high-fat foods is far from healthful. Some studies have linked red meat to a greater risk of colon cancer, but a new report in the European Journal of Clinical Nutrition questions such a link. Even if cancer or heart disease is related to processed meats and sausages, high-fat meats and those cooked at high-temperatures (which form carcinogens), that doesn’t necessarily mean all meat, fish and poultry pose a risk. AICR claims that vegetarian eating may reduce the risk of some cancers, but emphasizes that any beneficial effects of a vegetarian diet may also be gained from one that limits meat and other animal products, and emphasizes an abundance of a variety of vegetables, fruits, whole grains and beans. The same conclusion probably applies to heart-related and other health benefits of vegetarian eating. It’s not just what you avoid, it’s what you eat that counts.

Source: www.msnbc.com 2002

If your going to eat processed foods (meats), its ok everyone needs a few preservatives - my aunt tells me this because I am a vegetarian laugh.gif

Seriously there is someting wrong with the FDA ph34r.gif

Dogs are carnivourous. Humans are not, We dont have the chemicals in our body required to detoxify raw meat. Again, I present you with this argument-Eat purely meat for a week. No bread, No dairy just meat and water. I can live on vegetables and water- can you live on meat??

"And finally I couldn't care less in proving you wrong. "

Then I assume you forfeit our little debate?

Novo's notitions, i might at, are completely correct.

I invite everyone to look at the Evolution of the Homo Sapien species, as well as our closest cousions.

Ape-Man, whom we derived from, as well as the Chimpanzes and Apes of today, were entirely vegetarian, living on a diet mostly of fruit, berries, and wild vegetation. It wasn't until some several hundred thousand years later, when Ape Man started to walk upright, did he see, theoretically, other animals eating meat, and tried it out for himself. No one knows exactly why Upright man started roasting carcasses to eat them, but the fact of the matter is that we are the only species who has to completely cook meat before it becomes edible and not toxic to our bodies. It's quite evident unfortunately in my opinion, that humans as a species to not require meat and indeed are herbivorous.

As a man who lives on quite the meat-diet myself, i can acknowledge this fact, it's not difficult for me. So why do i continue to eat meat? I do also acknowledge the fact that, although Humans are not meat eaters per se, meat does have alot of beneficial nutrients that a vegetarian diet alone cannot provide, and most basically of all, it's so damn tasty.

SO in the end, it's your own moral beliefs that determine whether you should eat meat or not, not for statistics and other people to determine.

Let's keep this discussion civil shall we. thumbsup.gif

No, it means you are too much of a whiney annoying gnat for me even to bother. yes.gif

Burnside, although evolution and human teeth structure points to these things, I still thing our species will enjoy and consume meat for many years. Perhaps the next evolution of man will be strictly vegetarian, but as of now I agree with this statement you posted.

As a man who lives on quite the meat-diet myself, i can acknowledge this fact, it's not difficult for me. So why do i continue to eat meat? I do also acknowledge the fact that, although Humans are not meat eaters per se, meat does have alot of beneficial nutrients that a vegetarian diet alone cannot provide, and most basically of all, it's so damn tasty.

SO in the end, it's your own moral beliefs that determine whether you should eat meat or not, not for statistics and other people to determine.

Oh,... rolleyes.gif what the hay! Everyone's invited over to Monkyburd's house for a Barbeque! laugh.gif

reguardless if humans evolved from a herbivore species, we are now omnivourus, no we dont need meat to survive, however YES YOU CAN LIVE ON JUST A MEAT DIET, when you eat meat you are still getting the nurtients of the plants the animal you are eating, ate

No, it means you are too much of a whiney annoying gnat for me even to bother. yes.gif

And your to much of a foolish egocentric person for me to continue to waste my time and energy trying to explain logic.

Burnside, although evolution and human teeth structure points to these things, I still thing our species will enjoy and consume meat for many years. Perhaps the next evolution of man will be strictly vegetarian, but as of now I agree with this statement you posted.

What happened to argueing that meat is not healthy? Thats all I ever said, Burnside said exactly what I was trying to convey. A vegetarian diet is healthier, If you enjoy meat be my guest.

Oh,... rolleyes.gif what the hay! Everyone's invited over to Monkyburd's house for a Barbeque! laugh.gif

Can I come crying.gif I'll bring my own tofu and .. there will be liquor right? grin2.gif

507557[/snapback]

HI Munkyburd

I burn enough carbs everyday to live of soley McDonalds food if I wanted. I know for a fact I will not die of a heart attack

You should watch this award winning documentary you might change your mind on that statement thumbsup.gifSuper size me Infact anyone should watch it, your never look at fast food the same way again, well not if your clever anyway.

All the best

Faeden

Care to back up your claims? I have millions of year of evolution(or how god made, take your pick) As well as tons of scientific research on my side. You have one Pseudoscientist, And your own blatant disregard for others opinions. Like I said, Eat nothing but meat and water for a week. You will become letheragic.

Well I guess you haven't looked into the research on the low carb diet. Which is mostly meats. Now scientific testing has show that a diet high in meat and low in carbs can not only cause you to loose weight, but also to lower cholesterol and stablize blood sugar. Get over yourself Novo. Your a kid who thinks he knows everything.

On the chimp thing. They did a show on Discover, "The Dark Side of Chimps". I watched chimps hunting, killing and eating another animal.

Didnt you hear? The carb is bogus. It likes a pill, In reverse. Think sleeping pills, you need more and more to get the same effect. Now with a low carb diet its less and less. And evantully your body begins to convert other proteins into carbohydrates and the weight comes right back. Where have I ever said I know everything? Assume I know something, Means I think something is absolute. Nothing is absolute or definitive, And to quote Emma Goldman definitive things are for Gods and States not the human intellect. I'll admit, I may sometimes appear like Im assuming I know everything in my posts. But thats for from the truth, I've learned to question everything. Including my own ideas, Now present me with fact rather than opinion and perhaps I'll concede. But all I have heard from most of the people argueing with me (over this subject) is opinions-Not fact. (Scientific fact, Wich is whilst not absolute is physically verifiable. And outside the realm of pure abstract idea)

Edited by Novo

HI Gabriel

that movie was was the worst thing i have seen and it has no basis in reality.

A very strange comment indeed.... This documentary is an experiment, the results are plain for all to see. Theirs nothing in it, that is not backed up without hard facts. What makes this documentary so good, and what helped it win awards, was that it was reality smack bang in your face, maybe that is why you did not like it Gabriel? When people make documentaries that show you indisputable facts in your face its always gong to make some people uncomfortable, so the natural response is to shunt it, and pretend its not real, and that its all lies, the then response it to try and disregard it with outrageous claims, which was the approach of many disillusioned people on some other movie documentaries that have been making the news lately that I wont mention. Sometimes even when the evidence is shown in the face of people that have already made up there minds, is not enough because some people just cant face reality.

All the best

Faeden

The newest studies do show the effect of the low carb diet. I peosnally could not use it. I love carbs. I have seen it work in person. I was a personal trainer with an associate in nutrition from 92-2001. I have seen dozens of people loose icredible amounts of weight with it. When doing the low fat the weight loss was much slower.

This was my first hand observation.

The newest studies do show the effect of the low carb diet. I peosnally could not use it. I love carbs. I have seen it work in person. I was a personal trainer with an associate in nutrition from 92-2001. I have seen dozens of people loose icredible amounts of weight with it. When doing the low fat the weight loss was much slower. This was my first hand observation.

I thought on the low carb diet though(correct me if I'm wrong) but it's hard to get a really cut look from it, you'll always be kinda pudgy, I'm not sure though.

No. Loosing fat is loosing fat. When pro body builders get 2 the last 10 days or so before their contest the cut all carbs out. That flushes out all the excess water to give them the shredded look.

No. Loosing fat is loosing fat. When pro body builders get 2 the last 10 days or so before their contest the cut all carbs out. That flushes out all the excess water to give them the shredded look.

OK just wondering, thanks thumbsup.gif

After so long your body begins producing its own carbs. Thats why the low carb diet doesnt work, You may lose weight at first. But you will just gain it right back. Since were talking about first hand experience, maybe the fact my mom grandmother and great aunt all did this diet- and lost weight for around 4 months, stuck to the same diet and gained it all back says something.

I used it on my clients for about 6 weeks then switched them to a low fat moderat carb diet. That way the could get alot of intial wt. loss(sometimes 25lbs in 6 weeks) then switch to somethiing more long term, but it was effective.