Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Meat Diet Boosts Kid's Growth

BurnSide

Were not talking healthy diets though, were talking nothing but meat. Permanantly. Now I can live on vegetables for my entire life, But could you live on meat yours? No, Its humanly impossible. Thats the only point im trying to convey.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• seeking

• Novo

• Monkyburd

• hyperactive

Humanly impossible to live on meat? No. Healthy with only meat?No.

But all I have heard from most of the people argueing with me (over this subject) is opinions-Not fact. (Scientific fact, Wich is whilst not absolute is physically verifiable. And outside the realm of pure abstract idea)

How bout you look at the very first post rolleyes.gif

As for the Movie "Supersize Me"... how about we subtract the pop and fries from his order? I guarentee the pop and fries were the majority of factors making that man unhealthy, not to mention lack of excercise. That documentary did nothing for me.. and besides eatting McDonalds everyday is a choice.

And Novo, NOONE in here has said,"Humans are carnivores" I'm sure everyone agrees we are omnivores and thus need meat and veggies and fruit and dairy so shut up about saying you can't live off an "All meat diet". No one said we could! Stop being absurd. disgust.gif

Edited by Monkyburd

supersize me is a lame example, its fast food

if he was to home cooked the results would have been much different

I'm sure everyone agrees we are omnivores and thus need meat and veggies and fruit and dairy so shut up about saying you can't live off an "All meat diet". No one said we could! Stop being absurd.

no we dont need meat to survive, however YES YOU CAN LIVE ON JUST A MEAT DIET, when you eat meat you are still getting the nurtients of the plants the animal you are eating, ate

yes.gif

supersize me is a lame example, its fast food

Plus like many other documentaries it was probably just made to entertain and not educate.

Supersize me actully has very little to do with a meaty diet. I never said it did, Faeden was merely making a point. Most of the meat we eat now is processed beyond its original condition anyway. And truth be told, you have the same thing happening with genetically modified potatos and such. Did you know there making disease resistant crops now? By adding Scorpion Dna. Although there have been no results showing that its dangerous, theres also none saying its safe. If you had a newborn baby would you let it play with a gun if you didnt know it was loaded or not?

Now back to the topic at hand. I know its a very extreme point, But everyone seems to geniunely agree with me on all the points that led me to this conclusion. A vegetarian diet is a healthier lifestyle. The development of the human lower and upper jawbone indicates thats we have much more in common with herbivorous animals then omnivourous ones. Humans are the only species that has to cook its meat to eat it,(hence that sort of kicks us out of the omnivor category..at least in the wild)If it cant detoxify protien h-13(It think thats the one) perhaps I'm wrong, But all these facts combined with my personal experience is enough to convince me humans evolved not to eat meat, but fruits and vegetables.

Supersize me actully has very little to do with a meaty diet. I never said it did, Faeden was merely making a point.

Would it make sense then that we were obviously not talking to you? rolleyes.gif Who is egocentric now?

But all I have heard from most of the people argueing with me (over this subject) is opinions-Not fact. (Scientific fact, Wich is whilst not absolute is physically verifiable. And outside the realm of pure abstract idea)

For somebody who doesn't like when people cast opinions you sure are making a lot of them. mad.gif

A vegetarian diet is a healthier lifestyle.

But everyone seems to geniunely agree with me on all the points that led me to this conclusion.

all these facts combined with my personal experience is enough to convince me humans evolved not to eat meat, but fruits and vegetables.

Novo, you have yet to address any of the findings served up to you in a hearty helping at the very beginning of thread, and instead bring up other points entirely. Remember, this thread is about the research done and recorded skills of the children, not evolutionary bone structure. yes.gif The kids did BETTER with meat in their diets, thats what the study said! Why can't you respond to that? rolleyes.gif

Hi

Yes I understand that people eat fast food because they have a choice, that is why I get annoyed when people complain about how fat they are, then go and eat a meal enough to feed 5 people, and dont even walk to the restaurant, but jump on some motorised buggy, people who do this only have them selves to blame. Everyone knows that fast food is bad for you, people are fat in most instances because they are lazy and greedy full stop (I know I am going to be attacked for that). I mean they even go out and buy exorcise equipment that you can sit in a chair and let it do all the work (hello is that not exposing what is wrong?) I used the Supersize me example because it was an experiment that showed you the results for all to see, that can not be disputed, but this thread shows even then people will still dispute it.

Plus like many other documentaries it was probably just made to entertain and not educate.

Hi Chriscom28

Have you seen the documentary? its definitely made to educate that was its whole purpose. And yes it was entertaining, but that never got in the way of the educational side of it. I think your find the best educational movies have a entertainment side to them, its what keeps people watching and learning. What is wrong with being both entertained and educated all at the same time ?

all the best

Faeden

I agree Faeden that fast food is awful, even though i will have a cheeseburger here and there. but a lot of ppl i know go out to eat allll the time and its got so much fat in it that i cant even put like a big mac in my mouth. anyway, my own personal beleif in the topic is everything in moderation. theres nothing wrong with having some meat but not ALL meat, and theres nothing wrong with pasta but not ALL pasta, and i think a people really eat too much of stuff thats high in fat ect. i know i feel way healthier since ive changed my eating habits. I have more energy and i can feel it in my body when ive not been eating healthy! anyway, i dont know where im going with this lol. sorry.

I used the Supersize me example because it was an experiment that showed you the results for all to see, that can not be disputed, but this thread shows even then people will still dispute it.

509704[/snapback]

Hi Faeden,

The problem with using that documentary in this thread is that it only truly points out the pitfalls of eating junkfood......(did anyone REALLY need a documentary to know that?). However as this thread is about the effects of a vegetarian diet, I'm not convinced it is really relevant. Being a meat eater does not mean you live off junk food.....I'm sure that a vegetarian living on fast food for a month would experience the same symptoms.

thumbsup.gif

Hi Thistle

The problem with using that documentary in this thread is that it only truly points out the pitfalls of eating junkfood

True, but junk food always involves meat (well mostly always) and the documentary showed what type of craps is put into the meat used that makes people unhealthy, it even showed what Macdonalds put in there salads that was unhealthy too.

......(did anyone REALLY need a documentary to know that?).

Going on the huge amounts of obese people YES, obesity is becoming an epidemic, especially in the states, ideally no, there was no need for the documentary, but people are not aware of what goes on behind the scenes, that was the whole idea of the documentary to help people be aware about what they are doing when the eat these types of food on a regular basis. I agree most people know junk food is bad for you, the documentary just showed the extent to how bad it is for you.

All the best

Faeden

True, but junk food always involves meat (well mostly always)

509840[/snapback]

Possibly true however it does not follow that meat always involves junk food......which was my point.

thumbsup.gif

Hi Thistle

Possibly true however it does not follow that meat always involves junk food......which was my point.

True, but my point was that Supersize me was making a point that meat is not good for you if eaten to excesses, especially in fast food places. Meat that is used in the home rarely comes form animals that have not been pumped full of crap to induce quicker growth ect. I agree you can eat meat and it not involve junk food, that just goes without saying, I never said in any of my posts that meat eaters always eat junk food, but lets face it many do, the fact that the population is so grossly overweight speaks for its self. If humans where vegetarians, then we would not have that problem. As firen said its all about moderation, but most people dont have a concept of moderation.

All the best

Faeden

Humans are the only species that has to cook its meat to eat it,(hence that sort of kicks us out of the omnivor category..at least in the wild)If it cant detoxify protien h-13(It think thats the one) perhaps I'm wrong, But all these facts combined with my personal experience is enough to convince me humans evolved not to eat meat, but fruits and vegetables.

509420[/snapback]

humans actually started off by eating fruits and vegtables and ate meat when they could, because they were limited in brain power (from eating these vegtables) they were unable to make weapons to kill animals to get meat, once they discoved fire a chain reaction began, they were able to hunt animals using the fire to scare them off cliffs and such, then with the fire they were able to cook the meat MAKING THE MEAT GO DOWN EASIER, (cooked meat is just easier to eat, humans can still eat raw meat, however because humans began to cook there meat we lost our trait to break down raw meat as easily) the more meat humans ate the larger there brains grew, the larger there brains grew the better the weapons they developed, the better the weapons the more meat they had access to, if it wasnt for eating meat humans would not be the intelligent species we are today, meat is required to develop brain mass and brain power, if you're claims were true that humans have evolved to eat just vegtables and fruits it would actually be a devolution rather than evolution, humans as we know are devolving by any means

Edited by seeking

Thats just so inaccurate I dont know where to start. Humans started eating meat because they saw other animals doing it, After enough of them died from eating it raw I guess they decided to cook it. No other animal has to do this, And thus completely obliterates the idea that humans are meant to eat meat. I'll finish this later, But I have to go now. So save your respsonse for later as well.

/quote]

humans actually started off by eating fruits and vegtables and ate meat when they could, because they were limited in brain power (from eating these vegtables) they were unable to make weapons to kill animals to get meat, once they discoved fire a chain reaction began, they were able to hunt animals using the fire to scare them off cliffs and such, then with the fire they were able to cook the meat MAKING THE MEAT GO DOWN EASIER, (cooked meat is just easier to eat, humans can still eat raw meat, however because humans began to cook there meat we lost our trait to break down raw meat as easily) the more meat humans ate the larger there brains grew, the larger there brains grew the better the weapons they developed, the better the weapons the more meat they had access to, if it wasnt for eating meat humans would not be the intelligent species we are today, meat is required to develop brain mass and brain power, if you're claims were true that humans have evolved to eat just vegtables and fruits it would actually be a devolution rather than evolution, humans as we know are devolving by any means

510416[/snapback]

Arthur C Clarke has a fair crack at explaining this at the beginning of "2001 " the Novel.

Something along the lines that because we ate meat and presumably became full each time .The rest of the day wan't taken up searching for plants and berries to sustain life.

Therefore they sat around with nothing to do but....think.

Hence the invention and use of tools etc.

It's not gospel!! it's a SCI FI novel but i like the theory.

Also.Our nearest genetic relative.The Chimpanzee is known to hunt and kill other primates for meat.

Differences in male and female diets have been noted in relation to meat eating as well. Small packs of chimpanzees, almost always entirely male, occasionally work together in order to hunt small monkeys or other bush meat. Often, an individual will move towards the prey, encouraging it to flee in the direction of a nearby tree in which the remaining members of the hunting pack anxiously wait. If numbers permit, a chimpanzee may also wait below his comrades on the ground, in order to prevent escape. Since it is mostly males that participate in this hunting ritual, it is also mostly males that benefit from it. A captured monkey is a highly prized possession, one hoarded away from other community members. The only way for a female to acquire meat is through begging. Although this does not provide a great amount of food, a mere taste at most, most males will share a small portion of their prize with the outstretched fingers that surround him (Goodall, 1986).

I asked my coach about his views on veganamism.. and his argument against vegetarianism makes a lot of sense. The idea in being a vegan is based off the fact that you can get the same proteins and vitamins from meat out of certain vegetables, fruits, and soy products. So basically, you're substituting meat with some other kind of plant product, so tell me,WHATS UNNATURAL HERE?

Eatting Meat, or deciding to substitue meat with a soy product having the exact same protiens and vitamins as the meat itself? rolleyes.gif Cavemen's diets did not develop to eat soy burgers..

He also said he's had vegan athletes in the past before, and their diet doesn't replenish muscles fast enough after a workout. They are more fatigued after sprint workouts, and take longer to build muscle mass. Not the peak of Health I says. hmm.gif

Thats just so inaccurate I dont know where to start. Humans started eating meat because they saw other animals doing it, After enough of them died from eating it raw I guess they decided to cook it. No other animal has to do this, And thus completely obliterates the idea that humans are meant to eat meat. I'll finish this later, But I have to go now. So save your respsonse for later as well.

510603[/snapback]

http://www.medbio.info/Horn/Time%201-2/int...hydrate_met.htm

read this please to save yourself from posting something incorrect

Where did all the vegan supporters go? rolleyes.gif

My theory seeking, Is sort of polar to the one you posted above. I believe man learned to harness and control fire once his brain developed, or reached the state of development where we began using tools. So how could man have ate a diet of meat and as such had his brain develop because of this? Humans are the only (earthly)species, who simply cannot eat raw meat. Other primates can do it, Reptiles can do it. But humans can not. So why does all the physical evidence point to the fact thats humans EVOLVED on a diet of fruits and vegetables? If we, as the link you provided says begand developing greater brain mass(wich by the way, would be impossible. We cant eat raw meat, and had to already have that greater brain mass to control fire)Because of a more carnivourous diet then why do our bone structures resemble almost presicely that of a herbivourous animal?

hello novo anyone home?

why do you think animals can eat raw meat? maybe because they dont have the capability to cook it

humans were able to eat raw meat as well but as they evolved they lost the ability to do this because they no longer needed it as they cooked all of there meat

its quite simple

Really now? I dont believe this. Until we can look more into the past diet of humans we cant really answer this question. And I'll say it again-It's the strongest point in my argument. The bone structure and ways in wich the human body function operate best on a vegetarian diet. Monkyburd, I find what your trainer said very interesting. Care to give me some more info about why vegatarian muscle mass builds much slower? I have personally never had this problem, But if theres any data out there on this it would be great to see it.

So humans can't eat raw meat eh? Damn...someone better close down all the sushi bars tongue.gif

It really is amazing how aggressive people are getting over a choice of diet of all things huh.gif Geez people, grow up...the only thing this topic is proving is that people can still act like idiots, regardless of what they eat dontgetit.gif

Point of fact, since we're on the subject - very few apes actually eat meat. Although it is interesting to notice that chimps (our closest relative) do. It's also interesting to notice that, after us, they're the most intelligent species of ape...

It's commonly theorised that the migration to eating meat was one of the key factors in our remarkable increase in brain mass. However, I'm not going to obsess over the issue...let people eat whatever the heck they like.

As far as children go, however, I believe they should be given whatever is the medically recommended diet...if they want to be vegans later in life, let them. However, it's a parent's responsibility to provide for their nutritional needs, regardless of your own preferences in diet.

i am so confused with all this staff. Even diet experts have different opinions such one might say that you don't need meat and another one might say that you do need.

Fast food meat cant be compered with "good" meat such turkey etc.

i dont bother any vegeterian trying to make them a meat lover but most of the vegeterians bother me trying to make me vegan y?

As i mentioned befor e even the experts argue to whats good.

well in my opinion the best thing is to have a good diet with everything salads, fruits, meat, fish etc (fast food is bad diet)

Ps. my cousin was about 10 i think when she started fainting during the day for no reason so they took her to the doctor and found that she didnt have enough protein (or meat as the doctor said) and then she had to take all this pills.