Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Meat Diet Boosts Kid's Growth

BurnSide

the replacement argument makes no sense at all because I could also say you are replacing the high quality protiens found in plants with the protiens found in animals.

Because primeivel man had access to kelp, alfalfa, and a whole range of the vegetables current day vegans have access to. rolleyes.gif Yeah right.

We were hunter and gatherer types, at least homo erectus was if you want to get technical about it. Their larger bodily frame, more developed brain, and tool/weapon creating led them to meat, and thus evolution began! If it was you back then, homo sapiens wouldn't even develop properly today. Go Homo Erectus, you awesome meat eaters!

BAM!! grin2.gif

Carnivores eat meat naturally. Their entire bodies are designed for it. Man does NOT eat meat naturally (but can, as i stated before, due to our generalist nature when a less than optimal food supply is all that is available). Our bodies are not designed for the processing of meat. Why do you think it is that meat takes so long to pass through the digestive track? Why do you think meat is not entirely processed? Why do you think we cook meats? It is all because we do not naturally process meat all that well. Why? Because it is not our OPTIMAL food source.

hmm.gif YEAH.. nobody said it was smart guy. It's obvious you can't live off a purely meat diet and be healthy; nobody here is suggesting that. Everything works together; meat and veggies and fruits and dairy... all together in a balanced diet to make you develop the best you can and not too much of one thing.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• seeking

• Novo

• Monkyburd

• hyperactive

the replacement argument makes no sense at all because I could also say you are replacing the high quality protiens found in plants with the protiens found in animals.

Because primeivel man had access to kelp, alfalfa, and a whole range of the vegetables current day vegans have access to. rolleyes.gif Yeah right.

We were hunter and gatherer types, at least homo erectus was if you want to get technical about it. Their larger bodily frame, more developed brain, and tool/weapon creating led them to meat, and thus evolution began! If it was you back then, homo sapiens wouldn't even develop properly today. Go Homo Erectus, you awesome meat eaters!

BAM!! grin2.gif

Carnivores eat meat naturally. Their entire bodies are designed for it. Man does NOT eat meat naturally (but can, as i stated before, due to our generalist nature when a less than optimal food supply is all that is available). Our bodies are not designed for the processing of meat. Why do you think it is that meat takes so long to pass through the digestive track? Why do you think meat is not entirely processed? Why do you think we cook meats? It is all because we do not naturally process meat all that well. Why? Because it is not our OPTIMAL food source.

hmm.gif YEAH.. nobody said it was smart guy. It's obvious you can't live off a purely meat diet and be healthy; nobody here is suggesting that. Everything works together; meat and veggies and fruits and dairy... all together in a balanced diet to make you develop the best you can and not too much of one thing.

578181[/snapback]

evolution led us away from eating meat. as we learned more, we knew better ways to eat. we evolved to walk upright to better be able to gather nuts and plants, to better be able to collect fruits from trees. the predominant features of modern man are a result of plant based diet evolution. the only thing left of any sign of meat eating is the canine teeth, which also have shrunk considerably due to their non-vital (backup) role.

anybody that suggests eating dairy given all the data on its ill-effects is acting out of ignorance. check out www.notmilk.com for a start.

As humans we used to have to hunt for our food and some days we would not get any. We did hunt animals but its not what we are made to do. Its just we used our intelligence to get past the fact that we are NOT hunters, we used intelligence to capture our food and some sharp pointed weapons.

Now today, Instead of dying from to few calories we are actually dying of to many calories. Eating a vegatarian diet is far far more healthy as it gives you all the nutrients you need and gives you the benifit of Life extension, possibly upto 20 years in humans. Although I do include fish.. ( is that counted as meat? ) because it has essential fatty acids such as > OMEGA 3 < Omega 3 is very good for brain health and gives you improved memory and concerntration. Its extremely important to make sure you get omega 3 and many people do NOT get enough.

Although you may be skinny with a vegatarian diet, you will be the the one still active and healthy while the high calorie eaters die of ill health at old age. Its proved that calorie restriction ( veg diet ) slows down diseases and ageing. possibly giving you an extra couple of decades of active life ! wink2.gif

Edited by whoa182

Now today, Instead of dying from to few calories we are actually dying of to many calories.

Yes, thats true. I would say the prodominant cause of obescity, heart disease, hypertension, ect. ect. is from people not excercising enough or doing physical labor for extended periods of time. There are 71 fatal heart attacks avery year from people who over extend themselves at public gyms and spas every year. blink.gif

Anyways, when you do something like the kind of running I do, say, a ten mile run you burn thousands upon thousands of calories, and as a result need a large bulk to replace them. I have found I can eat whatever I want and not get overweight because of all the exstensive running and weight training I've been doing. If you want to lower your calorie intake use the rule,"Things come in, and then things go out".. you have to excercise enough to rid your body of the same amount you consume, thats the only way to get thinner. Even if you have a strange 1 piece of lettuce diet or something like that you still have to excercise enough to get those calories burned away.

Its proved that calorie restriction ( veg diet ) slows down diseases and ageing. possibly giving you an extra couple of decades of active life !

Any years of life I have without eatting meat are useless to me; I'd be happier dead! laugh.giflaugh.gif

anybody that suggests eating dairy given all the data on its ill-effects is acting out of ignorance. check out www.notmilk.com for a start.

Wow, I drink about a half gallon of milk everyday. You just don't know where to stop do you? rolleyes.gif

Whats so bad about milk now?

@whoa: flax seeds are an excellent source of omega-3, as is chlorella.

@ monkey: go visit the site i posted for more info on milk: www.notmilk.com it is an excellent place to start.

i can agree with one thing, i absolutly hate the taste of milk tongue.gif

@ monkey: go visit the site i posted for more info on milk: www.notmilk.com it is an excellent place to start.

disgust.gif Yeah right, "great place to start" my rump roast! How about you tell me your reasons for not drinking milk instead of me trying to wrench a definate non-biased answer out of that massive mishmash of anti-milk documents. hmm.gif

Right away from that site I see that milk causes diabetes, cancer, ulcers, and that circle of cheese just wispered something antisemetic to me on the way out. laugh.gif

And I'm sticking by my same guns; milk is another aspect of a balanced diet. We're freekin mammals, we were raised on milk. rolleyes.gif

Edited by Monkyburd

disgust.gif Yeah right, "great place to start" my rump roast! How about you tell me your reasons for not drinking milk instead of me trying to wrench a definate non-biased answer out of that massive mishmash of anti-milk documents. hmm.gif

Right away from that site I see that milk causes diabetes, cancer, ulcers, and that circle of cheese just wispered something antisemetic to me on the way out. laugh.gif

And I'm sticking by my same guns; milk is another aspect of a balanced diet. We're freekin mammals, we were raised on milk. rolleyes.gif

579743[/snapback]

well...

since you like the natural approach...

do you still suckle your mother's breast? i doubt you do! why? because milk is the perfect food of a species for that species during the first period of life BEFORE the young is able to eat solid food.

you don't see adult bears suckling, you don't see adult deer suckling, you don't see adult cows suckling.....

you don't seem interested in facts, but only in "standing by your guns", right or wrong.

THink of it this way: milk is designed to allow an infant to grow. It is the perfect formula for rapid growth. It contians high levels of calories, growth hormones, etc.. all designed for growth (at a very young age). Ever wonder why over 80% of people are lactose intolorant? it is because the body stops producing the enzymes to break down lactose once the body is past the age of suckling.

if you are not willing to look at the EVIDENCE with an open mind....

do you still suckle your mother's breast? i doubt you do! why? because milk is the perfect food of a species for that species during the first period of life BEFORE the young is able to eat solid food.

you don't see adult bears suckling, you don't see adult deer suckling, you don't see adult cows suckling.....

Thats true.

THink of it this way: milk is designed to allow an infant to grow. It is the perfect formula for rapid growth. It contians high levels of calories, growth hormones, etc.. all designed for growth (at a very young age). Ever wonder why over 80% of people are lactose intolorant? it is because the body stops producing the enzymes to break down lactose once the body is past the age of suckling.

To be honest, I can agree with that as well. My mother is lactose intolerant, and after doing some of my research found a number of sites that support this. yes.gif

I also found a really good article that overviewed a bundle of national and international studies on milk and it's effects as well; but it showed a number of studies for milk and against milk and ultimately concluded more studies need to be done before the blame can soley be placed on milk.

I personally enjoy milk and will continue to drink it. Sorry, I absolutely love milk as well as meat and will continue to consume both.

Edited by Monkyburd

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4465871.stm

Processed meat cancer risk link

Intake of meat products, including sausages, was studied

Eating too many hot dogs, sausages and other processed meats can increase the risk of developing pancreatic cancer, researchers have claimed.

Meat has been cited as a potential cancer cause in the past, but results have been inconsistent.

However researchers at the University of Hawaii suggest the link could be the way meat is prepared, rather than its fat or cholesterol levels.

UK cancer experts said more evidence was needed to confirm the link.

The Hawaiian team's research was presented to the Annual Meeting of the American Association for Cancer Research.

Meat preparation link

Scientists studied 190,545 people who were part of the Multiethnic Cohort Study in Hawaii and Los Angeles.

Smoking remains the only confirmed cause of pancreatic cancer

Professor Tim Key, Cancer Research UK

Participants were followed up for an average of seven years, and were asked about their diet, smoking habits, family history of pancreatic cancer and ethnicity.

The researchers recorded 482 incident cases of pancreatic cancer.

It was found that those who ate the most processed meat had a 67% increased risk of developing the disease compared to those with the lowest intake.

"Smoking remains the only confirmed cause of pancreatic cancer. A diet rich in cereals, fruits and vegetables has overall health benefits and probably has protective benefits for some common cancers, such as bowel cancer."

more here http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4465871.stm

Edited by whoa182

• 5 weeks later...

I have a shirt like this, just for you Novo! laugh.gif

The Best Page in the Universe

506100[/snapback]

laugh.giflaugh.gif That is so cool...I want one. thumbsup.gif

I have had a member of my family who was a veggie...she was always so unhealthy,so much so that the doctor kept on trying to get her to eat a little meat...she wouldn't.

The rest of her side of the family ate meat all their life...she died early,due to her diet(that was proved medically)the rest of her family(the meat eaters)all had long healthy lives.

I think Im going to carry on eating my meat as well as veg and fruit...that is a healthy diet yes.gif

I know when I am lacking something in my diet...when Im low in iron I crave steak(as bloody as hell)so whatever it is Im lacking in,I will add more to my diet.

Pork loin. Hmm.

I have a shirt like this, just for you Novo! laugh.gif

The Best Page in the Universe

506100[/snapback]

laugh.giflaugh.gif That is so cool...I want one. thumbsup.gif

I have had a member of my family who was a veggie...she was always so unhealthy,so much so that the doctor kept on trying to get her to eat a little meat...she wouldn't.

The rest of her side of the family ate meat all their life...she died early,due to her diet(that was proved medically)the rest of her family(the meat eaters)all had long healthy lives.

I think Im going to carry on eating my meat as well as veg and fruit...that is a healthy diet yes.gif

I know when I am lacking something in my diet...when Im low in iron I crave steak(as bloody as hell)so whatever it is Im lacking in,I will add more to my diet.

632948[/snapback]

longitudinal studies of various diets has shown that vegans and vegitarians outlive and have overall fewer health problems than animal product eaters.

it is to each to figure out what is the correct diet though. a vegan diet is not one of "i don't eat..." while filling up on other crap.

funny you should mention the iron/meat relationship. my gf used to experience the same thing you describe so she would eat meat once a month or so. then the doctors (aka dimwits/nincumpoops) finally figured out her migrane headaches were linked to meat consumption! So now she eats iron heavy veggies when she needs iron, and does not get headaches. it is about knowing what TO eat, as much as what NOT TO eat.