Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Meat Diet Boosts Kid's Growth

BurnSide

Actully seeking, I have had the wonderful opportunity to work with Mentally handicapped people. Some people seeking, Are incapable of even speaking. Some are completely brain dead, And do you know why they are kept alive? Because of compassion. Something, you at least seem to inherently lack in the words you put forth. Im not attacking you as a individual however, but more so the way your presenting your opinion.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• seeking

• Novo

• Monkyburd

• hyperactive

well of coarse there are extreme cases, but that is only one out of how many? and honestly, as wicked as it sounds, you are better than a person like that, there is nothing about them that is above you, but our brains give us this compasion you speak of, our brains also give you the feelings of disgust you are expieriencing when hearing me say that brain dead people are a waste of space and money and time. our brains are capable of doing this through evolution, evolution that has come about from eating meat (this convo has gone way of course)

Seeking, did you know that recent research into dolphins actually suggests they have intelligence compairable to our own? tongue.gif Chimpanzees and gorrillas (although certainly not as intelligent as dolphins) have also been taught sign language, and are capable of holding conversation.

The idea that humans are peerless in the realm of intelligence is one born, ironically, from our own ignorance. We assume we're intelligent because we have technology, and civilisation...nothing we currently have was built by society at large. I say again, the breakthroughs of humanity are the direct result of a few people so incredibly intelligent (Isaac Newton for example) that, quite frankly, they're thinking on a level that our species is incapable of.

It's only very recently that we're actually making an effort to understand other animals, and how they think (and more importantly, how well they're capable of thinking)...however, it's certainly complete garbage to claim that a chimp or a gorrilla couldn't possible be as intelligent as us - current studies suggest that their intelligence is actually on a level with human children at the very least.

The arguement of human intelligence meaning a right to dominion over the animal kingdom is merely a supposition. In fact, in nature, we were very low on the food chain to start with.

I'm p***ed this conversation went so off course. Regardless of intelligence, we aren't mass producing "the smart animals" to put it bluntly and eatting them. None of that should matter anyways, we were merely talking about killing them and wether that was right or wrong and ended up discussing animal intelligence as a way of measuring animal's value, which is absurd rolleyes.gif

Please turn this thread back on course, I believe I have some good arguments! laugh.giflaugh.gif

Well, as far as your arguements go, I agree with you - meat is a part of our diet, and we should be eating it...even if a person chooses to be a vegetarian, as is their right, then they still have a responsbility to ensure their child recieved a balanced diet...that includes meat.

well just to include, dolphins are also known to ritually kill and rape there children, they also gang rape other dolphins, sometimes even eating there own kind, not some, but all,still want to be considered there equals?

and back on track, yes it is right and moral to eat animals

Very interesting I'm sure seeking......care to enlighten us as to what it has to do with a vegan diet?

huh.gif

back on topic please original.gif

seraphina was trying to conclude that there are animals such as dolphins who are intelligent in an effort to show that humans are not much differnt, its hard to explain, its all on the previous pages

--

All dolphins kill and rape each other?

Im sure.

521388[/snapback]

google it

Edited by seeking

If all dolphins killed and raped each other, the species would die out. Dolphins generally travel in packs and DEFEND one another. You cant believe everything you read wink2.gif

your not understanding, this info is not comming from any which website, the info comes from credible sources, but back on track wink2.gif

Both of you, DROP THE DOLPHIN THING! We don't even eat dolphins, just the dolphin fish, but that's a different topic entirely!! rolleyes.giflaugh.gif

This quote is from an earlier one of my posts, I'm certain Novo or feaden will not go back and find it, so I am posting it again because I think its important and will get us back on track..

Right and Wrong is not black and white, But by the morals this society so often promotes is it not at least argueable that we treat animals as our companions on this planet, and not as worthless sacks of flesh?

They aren't worhtless. They have good juicy meat on them of course! grin2.gif

Did you know world hunger would not even be a problem if we used 15% of the grain used to feed cattle to feed human beings? Its take 10 pounds of vegetarian food to create 1 pound of meat.

Man Novo, those statistics shock me to the core! I better put down my burger and start munching on grass and marching towards washington to change the world!

Uhm NO. Ever think the reason we spend so much grain on feeding cattle and then eatting the cattle when we could just be eatting the grain is because WE NEED THE FRICKEN MEAT to remain healthy? Why else would we go to all that trouble?

Since people like I and Faeden have brought it from being merely accepted as right to the point of being something to at least think about. Slavery was around for hundreds of years, People thought the earth was flat for millenia.

Yes, then now let me compare my "right to eat meat" the same as freedom of speech and freedom or religion. We can always make the dumbest plights seem noble by comparing them to bigger more important issues.

Comparing Vegetarianism to slavery? rolleyes.gif

Edited by Monkyburd

I don't think I got mcuh meat growing up, lol. grin2.gif

Grrrrrrrr disgust.gif ......

I'm having chicken for dinner and that's FINAL!

I think we should hook this discussion group with the Debate Group debating whether Media has an effect on Kid's. innocent.gif

And if anyone has doubts then consider why the Advertising Business is such a GOOOOD business. BECAUSE IT WORKS and the photo of the poor kid in one of the posts is living proof as is the growth in Full Figure and Large Men Stores!!!! wacko.gif

Millions of animals die, and suffer daily for your pallette. Certainly seems comparable to slavery to me.

Oh wait, they aren't people, and they aren't put to waste, and they can't understand the concept of slavery. So actually its nothing like slavery which was in fact brutal and cruel because we enslaved fellow humans. They are animals and thus have no concept of such human ideals. They could be in a field, the back of a truck, or in a dinky little cage and still not have a clue whats going on. mellow.gif

In some sense its okay to be thinking in sake of the animals, like limiting abuse done to house pets and endangered species. Giving animals actiual rights however is ridiculous. Why don't we put mountain lions on trial too for killing people, or fine birds from flying in restricted airspace? rolleyes.gif

• 5 weeks later...

Meat is bad for you. Eat meat and you become obese, contract cancer, get heart disease, etc. etc. ... and the list goes on.

here

...new study...new book geek.gifThe China Study ... read on...

here

People in other countries that don't eat meat are in 'trim condition' and don't get the illnesses, colds flu, etc. ...or the life-threatening illnesses that we get. They also live a bit longer I hear.

For you meat eaters: if you really want a treat, go to a slaughter house.

Edited by Babs

And, in case you're thinking about going on an 'all-meat' diet to lose weight faster, I wouldn't. sad.gif It is the fastest way to kill yourself. Only it will be a slow agonizing death. ph34r.gif

I am talking about meat in general, but the U.S. meat is so full of toxins, chemicals, bacteria and hormones, dyes...etc. etc. ...that meat, here, is an added treat to consume.

Edited by Babs

You're a vegetarian Babs?

Now there's mad cow disease to contend with. What's next? Yes, I was a meat eater, but now I am 'vegetarian'. My doctor even said, "Whatever you do, do not go on the Atkins diet."

(Doctor from the Mayo Clinic...the most famous clinic in the world_ legendary.)

Good for you!

I've been cutting meat out of my diet more and more myself. Not because of health reasons, i mean come on if you eat anything non-stop it's bad for you, but because i love animals.

But.. meat is so tasty. sad.gif

And yes, Atkins is stupid.

Edited by BurnSide

I've done meat and no meat, I can say that 'no meat' is the way to go. After you've been off it for a while, you don't even want it anymore. And, then after a few years, it actually is distasteful to even smell it cooking in a kitchen.

The most important thing to do, if you can't go cold turkey, is to cut down on meat. As the years go by, you pick up the poundage and the serious diseases come upon you. Because it accumulates. The damage accumulates. When you are young you feel invincible, but, trust me, as you age your dietary ways catch up with you.

Oh i know, believe me.

The years of Double Cheese Bacon Burger Pizzas have really caught up. hmm.gif