Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mediterranean Silver Trade Reconstructed – From Trojan War to Roman Republic

Grim Reaper 6

Scientists have reconstructed the Eastern Mediterranean silver trade, over a period including the traditional dates of the Trojan War, the founding of Rome, and the destruction of Solomon’s Temple in Jerusalem. The team of French, Israeli and Australian scientists, and numismatists found geochemical evidence for pre-coinage silver trade continuing throughout the Mediterranean during the Late Bronze and Iron Age periods, with the supply slowing only occasionally. Silver was sourced from the whole north-eastern Mediterranean, and as far away as the Iberian Peninsula.

https://scitechdaily.com/mediterranean-silver-trade-reconstructed-from-trojan-war-to-roman-republic/

• Like 3

So from a mythological (i.e. not real) event to a mythological event, and a mythological event.
Well...alright then..

I understand the article points out that it's just the period they are looking at just contains the "traditional" (as in, freely made up) dates for those events, but still, I wish the title wouldn't focus on mythological events.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Orphalesion said:

So from a mythological (i.e. not real) event to a mythological event, and a mythological event.
Well...alright then..

I understand the article points out that it's just the period they are looking at just contains the "traditional" (as in, freely made up) dates for those events, but still, I wish the title wouldn't focus on mythological events.

I am sorry, I didn't even think about that or I could have left it out. I will try to be more careful in the future!

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

I am sorry, I didn't even think about that or I could have left it out. I will try to be more careful in the future!

Oh, no you didn't do anything wrong. It's the article that uses both that headline and the "traditional" dates of those mythological events.
I was critiquing the article, not the way you posted this topic :tu:

Edited by Orphalesion
  • Like 3