Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Suckers for learning: why octopuses are so intelligent

Still Waters

Our last common ancestor with the octopus existed more than 500 million years ago. So why is it that they seem to show such peculiar similarities with humans, while at the same time appearing so alien? Perhaps because despite their tentacles covered with suckers and their lack of bones, their eyes, brains and even their curiosity remind us our own thirst for knowledge.

https://theconversation.com/suckers-for-learning-why-octopuses-are-so-intelligent-162122

• Like 5

• The title was changed to Suckers for learning: why octopuses are so intelligent

They followed different gods? 

~

I was in Maui the last 2 weeks of June.   I was snorkeling and seen an Octopus in the corral.   It's head was about cantaloupe size.  It appeared to change colors to match it's surroundings.  I watched it for a long time.   After I left the area, my daughter and her husband (they got married a few days prior) went to look at it.   It was still there.  While they were watching it, an eel tried to strike.   The Octopus let the ink fly and took off quickly.  They said it was amazing to see.

• Like 2